Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
One last point on DK. I find it laughable that the guy got all preachy about "Rossi should have kept the confrontation private".

Really??? DK?

Kovacevic wrote, "They don't trust Despres off the ice and, hence, lost trust on it", "And when that inconsistency is something they believe is rooted in a general lack of applying one’s self in life, that’s when it becomes too much to take", and "And no, I will not get specific on this. Sorry. Other than to say the Penguins got sick and tired of betting on his future."

This is a guy who has such great ethical character? HACK

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
One last point on DK. I find it laughable that the guy got all preachy about "Rossi should have kept the confrontation private".

Really??? DK?

Kovacevic wrote, "They don't trust Despres off the ice and, hence, lost trust on it", "And when that inconsistency is something they believe is rooted in a general lack of applying one’s self in life, that’s when it becomes too much to take", and "And no, I will not get specific on this. Sorry. Other than to say the Penguins got sick and tired of betting on his future."

Agreed, seems very hypocritical.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I hope the TRIB goes mid-evil on the Pens because currently that is what they deserve. We always wondered if the Letang/Morehouse rumors were true. I believe we got that answer with the Despres trade.

As far Rossi vs JR, JR actually had to do dig to get the "ice Cream" reference. My guess is, someone in the organization supplied that information to JR. Again, this is the new Pens. All PR campaign and very little substance.

Rossi has mentioned a bunch of times in his twitter whenever his parents DQ is having some sort of fundraising day. It's not like you need some NSA type investigation to figure that out. (Thanks for making me feel dirty for having to admit that I used to check his twitter when he was the Pens beat writer).

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
How much longer can the Trib reasonably expect to last for? It has only survived *this* long because the (now dead) owner sunk millions of his own money into it. They are living on borrowed time.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
How much longer can the Trib reasonably expect to last for? It has only survived *this* long because the (now dead) owner sunk millions of his own money into it. They are living on borrowed time.

I hope it lasts a long time, because despite what some people obviously think, not everyone wants to read the Obama/Clinton nut-hugging Post Gazette every day

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Rossi has mentioned a bunch of times in his twitter whenever his parents DQ is having some sort of fundraising day. It's not like you need some NSA type investigation to figure that out. (Thanks for making me feel dirty for having to admit that I used to check his twitter when he was the Pens beat writer).

I see zero justification for ever joining twitter. Twitter was never a function of a grassroots demand. I specifically remember the major networks pumping twitter on a nightly basis before it was even known or cared about.

The media saw their subscriptions and viewership on decline, so they helped to create a more modern vehicle for their web of deceit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I hope the TRIB goes mid-evil on the Pens because currently that is what they deserve. We always wondered if the Letang/Morehouse rumors were true. I believe we got that answer with the Despres trade.

As far Rossi vs JR, JR actually had to do dig to get the "ice Cream" reference. My guess is, someone in the organization supplied that information to JR. Again, this is the new Pens. All PR campaign and very little substance.

Oh gosh calm down. The org sucks but why are you buying this "poor Rob Rossi was yelled at and called names by the GM" storyline?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Really??? DK?

While I doubt much of that was true, I do bet very much that the org pushed him to say that because fans were pissed. I don't like DK, but he is far more enjoyable to listen to and read than Rossi.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Well you are missing a lot...

on the other topic, Stan Savran all but wants Geno stoned at the Market Square, his hate for him is so funny, he is quiet as a f.... mouse when Geno plays well the second he does something wrong he screams

Prisuta is on DVE doing much of the same.

Howling it's been 3 games without a point. Don't remember this response when Sid had 1 goal in 19 games, but doesn't fit the narrative.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
How people view Malkin right now is a litmus test for how closely they watch the game and player in question.

If you watched him at all over the years, you'd know it's injury related. He's a high risk player without that extra step to gain separation from a very fast Rangers team. It's not going to go well for him when he's playing on an island.

I'm holding out hope he can build on the 3rd from last game with Perron and Comeau. He needs to trust his linemates. Keep that line together for the rest of the series, IMO.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Prisuta is on DVE doing much of the same.

Howling it's been 3 games without a point. Don't remember this response when Sid had 1 goal in 19 games, but doesn't fit the narrative.

Really? Sid was being ripped to pieces in every outlet I can think of.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Agreed. BOTH Sid and Geno get ripped apart when they aren't producing. It doesn't need to be an either/or thing here.

Exactly. They are both overly criticized for not producing in the playoffs, even when there are many factors beyond their control playing into it. no need to put them up against each other in this regard.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What are the Letang/Morehouse rumors?

That Letang trade was about to be done but Morehouse pulled the rug out because he was too marketable.

Choosing marketability over winning. (but we don't know what the trade was)

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
That Letang trade was about to be done but Morehouse pulled the rug out because he was too marketable.

Wasn't the rumor to Tampa for the 3rd overall + a choice of any prospect in the org? That's what I'm remembering anyways.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I see zero justification for ever joining twitter. Twitter was never a function of a grassroots demand. I specifically remember the major networks pumping twitter on a nightly basis before it was even known or cared about.

The media saw their subscriptions and viewership on decline, so they helped to create a more modern vehicle for their web of deceit.

If you think twitter's primary function is to act as a vehicle for major media outlets, you are doing it so wrong. Completely backwards.

you probably should use something before making an opinion

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004

For real? If so, for who? If this is the case, then this is a major problem.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
As far as I know the Letang rumor is just that. Not sure why it gets paraded around here as fact.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
As far as I know the Letang rumor is just that. Not sure why it gets paraded around here as fact.

Exactly. It originally came from Mark Madden, and he later said it never happened. He probably got it from Rossi and then realized it was BS.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Exactly. They are both overly criticized for not producing in the playoffs, even when there are many factors beyond their control playing into it. no need to put them up against each other in this regard.

Agreed.

And it drives me crazy when I see people blaming Sid or Geno primarily.

This organization has failed them, not the other way around.

You look at the line mates that other stars have, then compare that with the dregs our guys play with. It's ridiculous.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If you think twitter's primary function is to act as a vehicle for major media outlets, you are doing it so wrong. Completely backwards.

you probably should use something before making an opinion

I see many examples of the downside of Twitter, what are the benefits? You get information on the rare occasion seconds sooner than I do?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Agreed.

And it drives me crazy when I see people blaming Sid or Geno primarily.

This organization has failed them, not the other way around.

You look at the line mates that other stars have, then compare that with the dregs our guys play with. It's ridiculous.

Yet there's nary a peep about the atrocious play of Scuderi, Adams, etc from our media

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I thought the rumor was for Simmer and Voracek ..

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Yet there's nary a peep about the atrocious play of Scuderi, Adams, etc from our media

Blue Collar, Lunchpale and all that.

Those kind of players shouldn't be expected to carry any load, according to most in this town, but Sid and Geno should immediately turn Super Saiyan to put 18 guys on their backs (with 18 other guys in different sweater hanging on their backs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad