GDT: Pittsburgh Spheniscidae @ New Jersey Belzebubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I have to eat crow on Barch. The guy is a pretty solid 4th liner, and I was extremely happy that he stepped in and took on Engelland for Clarkson.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He was being double-shifted again no? Need to shore up that final line still

I only saw him being doubleshifted when Barch was in the box for fighting. Otherwise, they played the fourth line intact when it wasn't a PP or PK.

apice3*

He was being double-shifted again no? Need to shore up that final line still

Kovy? Very briefly. He was double shifted during Barch's major and he took a shift for Barch on one shift when Matteau changed, Barch hopped on and then there was a whistle. Josefson and Butler came out for the faceoff, Kovy stayed on for Barch who was gassed.

That's why I like Barch more than Janssen, Boulton, etc. He can play so Kovy can rest a bit.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Barch was solid.

Absolutely, he had a nice fight and unlike Janssen (as much as i love Cam) can actually play hockey. Still i question the necessity of having Barch in the lineup in the less physical / non-rivalry games. If Zubrus is out for a while i wouldn't mind seeing Loktionov against Carolina; he's already had some NHL experience with LA so it's not a huge gamble.

I imagine we'll go with the same lineup tomorrow, but i imagine we might see Loktionov soon after he's had a couple of games with Albany to adjust.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah, Barch is doing alright.

If he had a bit of more puck luck, that wack in the slot he had could have been a nice goal.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Today's game made me like Barch a bit more, probably his best as a Devil. I rather he wasn't a regular, more of a 13th forward. In and out for certain games.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Barch was solid.

No one is more shocked than I am.

I'm still laughing watching that gif of Marty almost scoring on himself. As someone who was in attendance for the infamous "Marty scores on himself" in the Finals in 2003, I know how much it can completely ruin a team's momentum.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
201302091416514041011-p2.jpg

201302091309473440863-p2.jpg

apice3*

Nothing would have been more embarrassing than adding Marc-Andre Fleury to the first career goals on Brodeur thread.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Short season makes every game Important. Including Tues nite vs Carolina. But huge one tomorrow @ Pitt. Moose?

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Kovy? Very briefly. He was double shifted during Barch's major and he took a shift for Barch on one shift when Matteau changed, Barch hopped on and then there was a whistle. Josefson and Butler came out for the faceoff, Kovy stayed on for Barch who was gassed.

That's why I like Barch more than Janssen, Boulton, etc. He can play so Kovy can rest a bit.

Yea you have figure a decent portion of those minutes were him patrolling the point of the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad