GDT: Pittsburgh Spheniscidae @ New Jersey Belzebubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hope Butler is ok. Chico is right about Tues nite vs Carolina. If you don't have a ticket go get one. Will be a great matchup and the team plays better in front of large crowds.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Also Adam Larsson's defensive game has improved leaps and bounds since last year. Now he just has to trim the dumb passes to 0 and he'll be a star

Ya, he only had one of those wacky passes today. His timing is getting better, and I love watching him seal off the forwards coming at him on the rush. He has some great strength to shut down speedy forwards who think they can burn him to the outside. That area of his game has definitely improved.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They say a marathon runner has a finite number of miles in their body, I believe the same for a hockey player in minutes.

Oroku Saki*

Yayo really needs to get his offense going. He wasn't good today.

apice3*

Hope Butler is ok. Chico is right about Tues nite vs Carolina. If you don't have a ticket go get one. Will be a great matchup and the team plays better in front of large crowds.

If Butler was seriously hurt, he wouldn't have skated his star announcement and wouldn't have done a post game.

Going to be sore in the morning and he'll have a nice bruise but he'll be fine. He could miss tomorrow to soreness, but he's a hockey player so maybe not. I wouldn't expect anything long term

lboogie42*

He had two points today. :huh:

didnt mean produce. i mean look like himself. this is the first game where hes had 2 assist right? hes out there so much hes prolly to tired to do any dekes or anything

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Short season will negate it.

He was playing in Russia beforehand. I understand there was a lot of PP time, but it's simply not necessary to play him that much. Guys like Josefson, Butler, Bernier can handle a couple more minutes and not be a liability.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

And Marty gets to avoid the comedy of horrors that is the Neo Igloo, very confident with Moose taking the reigns tomorrow.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Humangous big win! First in the East! I was worried after NJ gave up that early PPG, but they dominated after that. The penalty sheet is hilariously long, but big props to the PK for only giving up the one goal. Congrats to Matteau and Butler! I hope it's the first of many for them in a Devlis' jersey!

You have to start worrying about the long term effect of Kovalchuk playing this many minutes.

I'm shocked he's still standing after playing so many minutes. I hope DeBoer starts reigning in his icetime to something more... normal. 20 minutes is plenty!

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
If Butler feels like he can go, he will. Doesn't want to lose his place.

2nd straight very active game for Kovy, deserved the 2 points.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
LOL at Pens fans

They mad hahaha which is ironic because im pretty sure the Pens get the most PPs in the NHL

kovyumad.jpeg

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
You have to start worrying about the long term effect of Kovalchuk playing this many minutes.

Perhaps DeBoer has given it a thought and figured he won't be around for the entire duration of that contract so...riding his pedigree horse through and through while he can. :sarcasm:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yayo really needs to get his offense going. He wasn't good today.

I thought he looked ok with Butler on their shifts. The fourth line was fine today.

And Marty gets to avoid the comedy of horrors that is the Neo Igloo, very confident with Moose taking the reigns tomorrow.

We will ride our Moose to victory!

theodore-roosevelt-moose.jpg

apice3*

They say a marathon runner has a finite number of miles in their body, I believe the same for a hockey player in minutes.

I agree for gritty players like the Clarksons and Zubrus's of the league.

Snipers and playmakers are different. I truly believe that's why Kovy doesn't hit as much as he did in Atlanta. Look at guys like Selanne, Jagr, even Elias. Playing at a high level at an older age because they minimize contact and focus on skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad