GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins v Nashville Predators | 15/11/13 @ 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Dumo hasn't been up all year, Bort will split some time w/ Engo, and Despres sucks

My problem with it is that they always find an excuse to sneak Engo out there. He is less of a liability as a F, but as a D, he's a mess. I don't mind him used when Martin is out for a maintenance day, but if someone misses 3 games, we need Depres up.

It's valuable experience wasted on a plug with Engo, and a lesser player to boot.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Not sure why Sid forces the cross ice pass every time on the PP. It never, ever works.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
you seriously believe that Engo is better than Despres, don't you?

Well one guy is playing in the NHL tonight, the other is about 10th on the depth chart, floundering in Wilkes Barre. You tell me?

But since you asked nicely, Despres obviously has more natural ability. Engo is the more solid player and provides the team with something Despres doesn't, at least at this time. Sorry, it's true.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Well one guy is playing in the NHL tonight, the other is about 10th on the depth chart, floundering in Wilkes Barre. You tell me?

But since you asked nicely, Despres obviously has more natural ability. Engo is the more solid player and provides the team with something Despres doesn't, at least at this time. Sorry, it's true.

A player with no upside who turns the puck over every time he touches it and takes a feckless penalty a night? We're playing Nashville in November. Bort should be in there.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
My problem with it is that they always find an excuse to sneak Engo out there. He is less of a liability as a F, but as a D, he's a mess. I don't mind him used when Martin is out for a maintenance day, but if someone misses 3 games, we need Depres up.

It's valuable experience wasted on a plug with Engo, and a lesser player to boot.

Can you point out some specific examples of this liability you speak of? Cause to be honest, Letang, Orpik, Niskanen, and Maata make many more mistakes, turnovers, etc. But since their 'ceiling' is higher, we live with them. You're right though that Engo's ceiling is pretty low, and would be nice to see Dumo, Harrington, etc more often. And I'm sure we will.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
A player with no upside who turns the puck over every time he touches it and takes a feckless penalty a night? We're playing Nashville in November. Bort should be in there.

I like Bort. People crying about Despres though are the same people that probably cried about Eric Tangradi and Luca Caputi not playing 82 games a year

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Despres is hardly floundering in the AHL. Engellend has been a serviceable depth defenseman for the Penguins for a few years, now. But I prefer him much more at forward. There is room for both. Despres has hardly shown any flashes of the general uselessness that Tangradi often would. I don't really understand the argument, honestly.

Really, really liking Neal's game.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Since when is Engelland a liability? Last time I checked, he is a solid bottom-pairing defenseman.

He's a liability because he plays physically and will occasionally drop the gloves. Some people just hate physical play, and physical players. And if they can be replaced with a younger player that's never done anything in the league, then the pitchforks really come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad