GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins v Nashville Predators | 15/11/13 @ 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Määttä is playing really bad hockey right now

Very true. He's personifying the team really. Everyone is panicky and no-one seems to want the puck on their stick. A lot of getting the puck then Dupuis-chipping it to the next guy instead of delaying a second and making the right play.

SgtJoseph*

Flyers fan here watching your game tonight while waiting for our game to come on...........What the heck was that interview about ? Is there some kind of feud going on ?

Fire Shero*

damn i leave for 20 mins and they score. and Dupuis! It is an early christmas miracle.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Agreed. Not good.

If I had to assign blame to just one player for their goal... it would probably be him. But that wasn't even among his worst moments that period. Like you said -- he's not making good decisions with the puck, at all.

Yeah, you put a 19 year old on the top pairing in a "stabilizer" role, there are gonna be moments like that, no matter how solid he's been on the bottom pairing.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Very true. He's personifying the team really. Everyone is panicky and no-one seems to want the puck on their stick. A lot of getting the puck then Dupuis-chipping it to the next guy instead of delaying a second and making the right play.

Yep. Sacrificing smarts for speed of execution, then we only end up giving the puck away.

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
Was the Malkin goal pretty? Give me a summary of the period. I have box seats to the devils right now. I hope they win and have some momentum because I have box seats tommorow and I really don't want to see a putrid pile of ****.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Start the stream after it crashed and I get Duper being cold to Potash....wtf happened lol

Flyers fan here watching your game tonight while waiting for our game to come on...........What the heck was that interview about ? Is there some kind of feud going on ?

Dupuis always messes with Potash but stepped it up tonight. Potash said something about how the Pens preferred playing "end to end" hockey and Dupuis said it shouldn't be end to end, but just in Nashville's end.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
So I missed the interview. What happened exactly?

A little blah blah about whether it feels good to score and stuff and then Potash asks whether the pens want to play a fast-paced end-to-end game.
Dupuis says they'd rather like to play mostly in the offensive zone than end-to-end.
Potash: "Thanks for the correction."
Dupuis: "Well, you gotta learn."
Potash: "Yeah you can go now. Walk."

Disclaimer: Don't sue me if the quotes are not 100% accurate.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Was the Malkin goal pretty? Give me a summary of the period. I have box seats to the devils right now. I hope they win and have some momentum because I have box seats tommorow and I really don't want to see a putrid pile of ****.

Shot from just in front of the Blue-line and deflected in by Neal.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In minor league news, Despregasus has a goal and two assists at the end of the 1st period against Syracuse. He's now got 11 points in 13 games, good for 7th in the AHL among defensemen.

Sounds promising, anyway.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Malkin didn't score. Of course.

It was deflected in front by Neal. Not really a pretty goal but rather an example of one they need to score more of. It seemed like an obvious accidental deflection by Neal... but he was in the right place with his stick down. Good things tend to happen when you do that. Malkin did a great job getting the puck through and on target. For a change.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
A little blah blah about whether it feels good to score and stuff and then Potash asks whether the pens want to play a fast-paced end-to-end game.
Dupuis says they'd rather like to play mostly in the offensive zone than end-to-end.

Exact

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
In minor league news, Despregasus has a goal and two assists at the end of the 1st period against Syracuse. He's now got 11 points in 13 games, good for 7th in the AHL among defensemen.

Good to hear.

He should be playing for this team, tonight.

But still good to hear.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

That just seems like typical Dupuis/Potash stuff to me :dunno:

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

what the WBS and prospect threads weren't good enough for you? had to clog up this thread with this irrelevant news.

:sarcasm: :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad