Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salud Thread - Where We Talk About Size & ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yes, he has, and he also has a serious neck injury. No thanks. This thread has a lot of bad takes.

The neck injury concern is very valid.

Anyone saying he has underperformed when on the ice is frankly, delusional.

The guy has been a one man show out there. Exactly ZERO good Defensemen his whole career to help push the pace aside from Dahlin, Still manages to be a point per game player on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Put this guy on Carolina even, and he's topping 100 pretty easily. Just a little bit of help and he's Nate MacKinnon 2.0.

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Eichel seems to be a bit of a diva though.

So is MacKinnon, So is Malkin, Both have yelled at their coaches, Malkin has fought teammates. Alot the greats are divas.

Messier and Jagr were the biggest divas ever.

I'd be pretty upset playing in Buffalo too. I don't blame him really. He's surrounded by losers.

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So is MacKinnon, So is Malkin, Both have yelled at their coaches, Malkin has fought teammates. Alot the greats are divas.

I'd be pretty upset playing in Buffalo too. I don't blame him really. He's surrounded by losers.
I didn’t think yinzers would like someone outspoken. I think he was smart to call out Buffalo but some fans here never got over Jagr’s drama here 20+ years ago.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I find it funny when Penguins fans call anyone a diva after Lemieux did all of the stuff he did as a player.

He basically got Sergei Zubov traded because Zubov shot too much on the powerplay and forced the best coach in hockey history in Scott Bowman out of town.

Reactions: TimmyD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We all know he’s gonna go to Washington, Philly or Boston
Well.... does he want to compete or get paid? 29... good stats until the last 2 years, which I'm guessing is injury... well not guess, I heard but not fully aware of his injury history.

So... he's 6-0 225lbs, which DEFINITELY makes him a prime caps candidate, but they are no way going to make the moves to get him, I wouldn't think... They have o.v. to sign....

wouldn't THAT be hilarious... capitals sign younger 6-0 225lbs scoring winger and let o.v. walk...

If the penguins got him i'm just positive they'd misuse him or he wouldn't work worth a F*** on this stupid speed and pressure system.... Vlad should probably go to either tampa... cap wouldn't apply to them with his injuries... then win the cup 30 million over the cap next time...

Reactions: Trade

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I find it funny when Penguins fans call anyone a diva after Lemieux did all of the stuff he did as a player.

He basically got Sergei Zubov traded because Zubov shot too much on the powerplay and forced the best coach in hockey history in Scott Bowman out of town.

Well... pretty much if you are a penguin fan _under_ 40... you probably have no idea that happened...

Or followed the penguins back then... I didn't personally... not til 96-97ish

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Well.... does he want to compete or get paid? 29... good stats until the last 2 years, which I'm guessing is injury... well not guess, I heard but not fully aware of his injury history.

So... he's 6-0 225lbs, which DEFINITELY makes him a prime caps candidate, but they are no way going to make the moves to get him, I wouldn't think... They have o.v. to sign....

wouldn't THAT be hilarious... capitals sign younger 6-0 225lbs scoring winger and let o.v. walk...

If the penguins got him i'm just positive they'd misuse him or he wouldn't work worth a F*** on this stupid speed and pressure system.... Vlad should probably go to either tampa... cap wouldn't apply to them with his injuries... then win the cup 30 million over the cap next time...

Considering the Caps traded for Mantha, I don't really see the need for Vlad.

Any team trading for Tarasenko is gonna be cautious because of his injuries.

Philly has no need for him either, they have like 8 top 6 Wingers already.

Boston makes a ton of sense though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Considering the Caps traded for Mantha, I don't really see the need for Vlad.

Any team trading for Tarasenko is gonna be cautious because of his injuries.

Philly has no need for him either, they have like 8 top 6 Wingers already.

Boston makes a ton of sense though.

Hall - ? - Tarasenko

ehhhh

They have the available space to make it happen... awww man...

Is boston interested or any word on where he is leaning? east coast / west coast? North to canada... south to warmth?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hall - ? - Tarasenko

ehhhh

They have the available space to make it happen... awww man...

Is boston interested or any word on where he is leaning? east coast / west coast? North to canada... south to warmth?

Toronto is apparently in on Hall. I don't see how they make the cap work though.

Reactions: LOGiK

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015

I think a Kuznetsov/Tarasenko trade makes some sense if Washington is really done with Kuzya.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think a Kuznetsov/Tarasenko trade makes some sense if Washington is really done with Kuzya.

Oh yeah.. forgot about that.
Does C for RW work for them?

Backstrom
Kuz
Eller
Dowd

Is what they have now. 9 mil in cap and a few signs to make... Kuz/Tar is almost = cap, but lose a center and they have several RW's.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
We all know he’s gonna go to Washington, Philly or Boston
The other two have the space and/or young talent to make a deal work, sure, but how the heck is Washington going to fit him in? Assuming they're bringing back Ovechkin, they probably still have to bribe Seattle to take a pricey piece off their roster. And then at that point, they add a boatload of futures to Kuznetsov and hope the Blues are willing to downgrade? Plus, event taking away his statistical decline, I feel like an org like St. Louis is basically the antithesis of a party-boy Russian player.

Maybe Washington pulls the rip cord on Mantha already? That would be hilarious.

Toronto is apparently in on Hall. I don't see how they make the cap work though.

it would be hilarious if they went that way. And, IMO, probably ensure that a highly top heavy team will never get "over the hump" to a championship.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

i think you might have that backwards. they didn't give everyone in the arena a sign saying "shoot" be cause he shot too much.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i think you might have that backwards. they didn't give everyone in the arena a sign saying "shoot" be cause he shot too much.

I just saw a beer commercial during game 4 (at my grams watching... only time I'd ever inflict the pain of commercials on myself)
and it was right on the money for penguins fans...

something along the lines of, '*this is for*.......for all the hockey fans whose favorite team has ten times more passes than shots on the powerplay'

I thought... hah... could be a penguins commercial there.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Old Master

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

Malkin fought Adams. Obviously totally justified since he was a coffee-making coach's pet for Dan Bylsma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad