Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary cap: We need some wet wipes, there's a mess back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What's the rumored cap for next season? Because if the Pens go after Domi, they're losing one of Kahun or McCann in the off season.

I’m ok with losing McCann.

I’m as indifferent with him as MP.

Both total spazzes that show flashes of brilliance, but do you want to pay both of these guys nice chunks from your cap?

Reactions: KIRK

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
San Jose Sharks taking calls on both Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau today. Totally up to them if they sign off on going to a contender for a chance to win a Cup. Both would be welcomed back to SJ on July 1 if they wish. Pittsburgh has shown interest in Marleau.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be a bit sad because he looked really good here before the concussion.

That said, if you can pull a deal to immediately improve the team now, then go for it.
If it improves the team beyond this year as well, sure, but it's going to be hard to top a young, relatively cheap, productive top 9 winger.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Most Rentals probably are cheap... a few will be pricey but for thirds, fourths and fifths you probably can get some afterthought guys that could be useful...

I wont begrudge him going hard after a big target though... picks and prospect have a high failure rate and we have a short window with sid and crosby

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
That was something I pushed before the emergence of Marino, I thought he and Pettersson would complement each other extremely well. With Marino's emergence, there isn't much of a need for him anymore.

Speaking of Schultz, for the people who wondered what kind of value Schultz had or want to trade Schultz, go look at the Mike Green trade. The market value for OFD who can't produce is borderline nothing.

I'd honestly move Schultz for Green's return, provided we got Marino back. :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It won't happen, but I'd like to see a Tanev-Blueger-Bjugstad line when healthy. Bjug has been out too long. I don't think you can expect him to step into a 3C role right away. He's decent defensively, could maybe help out on some faceoffs being a RH shot, and most importantly he can finish some chances caused by Tanev and Blueger running around.

Zucker - Crosby - Kahun
XXX - Malkin - Rust
Simon - McCann - Hornqvist
Tanev - Blueger - Bjugstad

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
It won't happen, but I'd like to see a Tanev-Blueger-Bjugstad line when healthy. Bjug has been out too long. I don't think you can expect him to step into a 3C role right away. He's decent defensively, could maybe help out on some faceoffs being a RH shot, and most importantly he can finish some chances caused by Tanev and Blueger running around.

Zucker - Crosby - Kahun
XXX - Malkin - Rust
Bjugstad I believe has more experience on LW and Tanev prefers RW so i could get behind that easily.

Marleau would be a pretty sweet and cheap addition. Haven’t watched him all year so I don’t know the full scoop with him as of late. But even 38 year old Marleau was 27 goal nearly 50 point guy.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010

Zucker - Crosby - Kahun
XXX - Malkin - Rust
Marleau next to Malkin could be interesting

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Bjugstad I believe has more experience on LW and Tanev prefers RW so i could get behind that easily.

Marleau would be a pretty sweet and cheap addition. Haven’t watched him all year so I don’t know the full scoop with him as of late. But even 38 year old Marleau was 27 goal nearly 50 point guy.

I'm quite sure that Bjustad is only center or right wing.

Reactions: Trade

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I think I'd rather Thornton than Marleau - but either/both would be a welcome addition(s).

I think Thornton and Namestnikov should have been here like, yesterday.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I'm quite sure that Bjustad is only center or right wing.
Just did some digging and you are correct. Not sure where I heard/saw that info but either way I agree with your stance. We should be trying to find someone other than ZAR as a fixture on that line if Blueger/Tanev are a duo in Sully’s eyes.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
no to Jumbo. I’m a huge fan of the guy, but he can’t skate anymore. He’d be brutal with how we wanna play and id rather use Laff over him.

We would use him for defensive draws, selectively on the power play, and for set plays in the offensive zone. Think Cullen a few years ago. The entire squad does not need to skate like Tazmanian Devils.....If we make the playoffs - and do well - the first round is really the only area you see teams flying around. Things tend to slow down drastically (see Tampa last year). The refs swallow their whistles and let teams clutch and grab their way to victory. Our guys can be the fastest in the league on defense but it doesn't mean a whole lot on offense if we can't get through the NZ..

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010

Marleau's analytic profile if anyone's interested. I don't think he's a fit aside from "speed"

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Interesting tidbits

Bjugstad OUT
Schultz OUT
Petts OUT
Simon OUT
Sullivan OUT (it's 2.5 years of dumb player management...his best line combo was an accident)

Don't f***ing care for what.

ElmoNuke.gif it, JR

...am I serious? Or joking?

Reactions: KIRK

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Marleau's analytic profile if anyone's interested. I don't think he's a fit aside from "speed"

he’d be a winger w/ not a ton of minutes, so not being a defensive ace isn’t a big deal.

Some added offense and speed to bottom 6 is fine w/ me. Maybe could play up lineup in a pinch. Hard to say he wouldnt be upgrade on Angello, Aggo.

Reactions: DRAGO 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad