Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Is Stepan washed or is it just a bad fit? Don’t go out of my way to catch the Sens.

I could maybe get behind McCann for Stepan @ max retention for more of a true C and some cap space in the summer, with the idea of having a Zucker-Stepan line in the bottom 6.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Is Stepan washed or is it just a bad fit? Don’t go out of my way to catch the Sens.

I could maybe get behind McCann for Stepan @ max retention for more of a true C and some cap space in the summer, with the idea of having a Zucker-Stepan line in the bottom 6.
I'm enjoying the youth movement, so that would feel like a step back. Our struggles this year can be attributed to a lot of things, but energy and effort has not been a problem for the most part. We're gonna need the young legs.

Besides, any youth we acquire now who plays well here will be an asset that will help along the rebuild in a few years. Same can't be said for old boys like Stepan.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Shore has never been relied on to score (he had a couple seasons where he scored 10 goals with the Stars), but his offence is almost gone. At this point, he’d play LW/C on the bottom line and not be a liability.

I just want to see a reliable defensive player, almost like a Bones, be the center for Geno on the wing and Kap on the other side. That will enable G to cheat and do his thing. The responsibility is still there. I want to see if it would work.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

If I am getting a C from the Sens it would be Tierney.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I really wish Pens took a chance on Janmark, he's having a decent season and wanted him when he was UFA. Maybe Hawks trade him who knows.
Feel like we have the assets to land a better C than that, if that's what Hextall decides to go after.
Can trade Pettersson + McCann.

It's all dependent on Jarry getting his shit together so we don't have to dish out for goaltending.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Feel like we have the assets to land a better C than that, if that's what Hextall decides to go after.
Can trade Pettersson + McCann.

It's all dependent on Jarry getting his shit together so we don't have to dish out for goaltending.
Janmark would be a winger here.

Janmark-Bennett-???
BART

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Wondering what McCann + Dumoulin could get us at LW for Malkin. Zucker would slide to L3 and we would have:

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Stud LW - Malkin - Kapanen
Zucker - Blueger - Tanev
ZAR - Jankowski - Laff/ERod/Scevior

I'd be all about that. I bet Zucker would kill with Blue and Tanev.

Pettersson - Letang
POJ - Marino
Matheson - Ceci
Riikola - Ruhwedel

Moving Dumo and McCann out is 7M off the books. That's a nice chunk of cap space to go for a stud LW. Add Legare or a 2nd if you must, as long as the player has some term.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like the only way trading for a top-6 winger makes sense is if it's Zucker for that winger straight up. Trading Dumoulin and McCann for another top-6 winger doesn't make sense because you already have 4 top-6 wingers, and you shouldn't be breaking up the 3rd line.

IMO you do a Perron for Hagelin type of deal with Zucker in the season and Dumoulin for futures in the off-season if you want to do anything with your top-6 wingers.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Again, to reiterate, I don't think anyone is saying "make a deal for Sundqvist now", more like "gee, maybe we should have kept some players like Sundqvist in the system because we need them now", which are two fundamentally different things.

Sure, they just happen to both be meh at beat ideas.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Friedman says Fleury is no longer available.

16. I don’t believe Marc-Andre Fleury is available. He’s on fire, rejuvenated. In a year where some teams can’t make it work even with four goalies, why would you move him?
Sometimes, we mistake friendliness for weakness. There’s nothing Fleury wouldn’t do to prove he’s still a No. 1 and he’s showing that now. Someday, however, I’m going to pump several GMs full of truth serum to figure out the truth behind the wild four-team rumours from the off-season.
31 Thoughts: Tavares, Gagner blazing a trail in minor hockey involvement

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Again, to reiterate, I don't think anyone is saying "make a deal for Sundqvist now", more like "gee, maybe we should have kept some players like Sundqvist in the system because we need them now", which are two fundamentally different things.
One player I wish had been kept is Muzzin.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sure, they just happen to both be meh at beat ideas.

Well, I'll take that up with Kerouac at the next Beat Reunion. Or did you mean they're not banging Beats by Dre headphones? There are much better headphones at more reasonable prices on the market.

I will say though, that Beat Happening's Black Candy is a thoroughly under appreciated album and should be more widely available.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Re bottom six Cs/Malkin on the wing - have I been missing trade rumours? Or is this just wishlisting?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If Matheson had a track record of a 60 Point season. And a career .54 PPG.

For as much as people hype Matheson's offensive game, he has a lower season high than Olli Maatta.
Yea, people act like he’s this dynamic offensive threat on the blue line, but he’s never topped 27 points in a season.

He was 349th in the league in points last season.

200.gif

He did miss 10 games last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad