Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Why do you think I'm arguing this?

My original post was "I don't want to spend a ton of futures assets this year when Malkin is playing bad". Even if you'd play around with the lines to give him something new, which I think they should do, it won't matter because Malkin himself is playing terribly. So I don't want to basically piss away assets on win-now players when it's very likely wasted if Malkin doesn't improve.

If Malkin starts playing better, then you start thinking about trading futures assets for win now help. If he continues to play like crap, this year is entirely lost, so you're wasting assets on acquiring win-now help.

Okay. So can we agree that part of this is giving Malkin his best chance to succeed by reuniting the line that he tore the league up with last year?

If we truly want to find out whether this is about Malkin or his linemates, that's the only way to show it definitively with the present roster.

Getting Malkin right is a lot more important than Crosby's linemate preference at the moment.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Remember when we all thought Zucker was the perfect winger for Geno? lol

I think Forsberg works but you’ll have to trade Guentzel. It won’t happen.

Zucker hypothetically should be. Something is up with his game this year.

Given how every player seems to play really well for a week or two when they come up or get traded here and then becoming a shell of what they used to be almost immediately. I blame Sullivan.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Need to get Neal back and sign Kulemin and Malkin will instantly be back to his old self.

Maybe we can talk about Granlund for another year too while we’re at it.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don’t care if he’s traded. Send him to WBS. He’s not a very good player at all and the worst forward on the team.

He's in the darkest of holes without support like say, TB is, having his most consistent wingers who all seem to play well off of each other. Now he's the one taking on the Defensive work with literally nobody, and those nobody's keep changing too.

Exactly what do you expect him to do? He looks bad, but considering the spot he's in, it's of, not his fault. Give him steady linemates and not just switch it up when the line has a bad game or a bad stretch of games. He's not put in a spot to succeed. Basically, it's a hold onto your butt until the Calvary arrives.

I mean, Sceviour, Lafferty and O'Connor are not exactly doing much to help. Heck, they're lucky to get 6/8 minutes a game. Jankowski is on an island who gets flooded with defensive starts. He pairs up with TB a lot as well for defensive purposes.

He should look bad, considering.

But that won't come up on any stat sheet.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He's in the darkest of holes without support like say, TB is, having his most consistent wingers who all seem to play well off of each other. Now he's the one taking on the Defensive work with literally nobody, and those nobody's keep changing too.

Exactly what do you expect him to do? He looks bad, but considering the spot he's in, it's of, not his fault. Give him steady linemates and not just switch it up when the line has a bad game or a bad stretch of games. He's not put in a spot to succeed. Basically, it's a hold onto your butt until the Calvary arrives.

I mean, Sceviour, Lafferty and O'Connor are not exactly doing much to help. Heck, they're lucky to get 6/8 minutes a game. Jankowski is on an island who gets flooded with defensive starts. He pairs up with TB a lot as well for defensive purposes.

He should look bad, considering.

But that won't come up on any stat sheet.

I’d expect him to be playing like NHL career depends on it, not like he’s out for a practice shift. Has Jankowski hit one person this year?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This conversation is why it is so frustrating that Sullivan won't swap Guentzel and Zucker. Is it Malkin? Is it Zucker? Is it both? Is it just a bad fit? Just try it and see. If it doesn't work, OK, at least you have some more information that you can use going forward. Shit, he broke up BART before he broke up Malkin-Zucker.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This conversation is why it is so frustrating that Sullivan won't swap Guentzel and Zucker. Is it Malkin? Is it Zucker? Is it both? Is it just a bad fit? Just try it and see. If it doesn't work, OK, at least you least you have some more information that you can use going forward. Shit, he broke up BART before he broke up Malkin-Zucker.

Exactly.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
This conversation is why it is so frustrating that Sullivan won't swap Guentzel and Zucker. Is it Malkin? Is it Zucker? Is it both? Is it just a bad fit? Just try it and see. If it doesn't work, OK, at least you least you have some more information that you can use going forward. Shit, he broke up BART before he broke up Malkin-Zucker.
Sid.

Guentzel-Malkin-Rust was the best line in hockey when Sid was out and he decided to give Guentzel back to Sid. It won’t happen unless Sid stops producing or Sully tells him that he’s the boss now.... Both won’t happen :laugh:

Yeah I don’t wanna think about the 3rd scenario. Don’t even say it

Reactions: Trade

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’d expect him to be playing like NHL career depends on it, not like he’s out for a practice shift. Has Jankowski hit one person this year?

Obviously we expected way more than what he's currently doing, but how would you be going from this situation in Calgary right back to it here without no real time to give it a chance. The team/coach created this mess.

Maybe he'll ask for a trade? I wouldn't want to be in this predicament, again, after just bailing out of a similar one.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Obviously we expected way more than what he's currently doing, but how would you be going from this situation in Calgary right back to it here without no real time to give it a chance. The team/coach created this mess.

Maybe he'll ask for a trade? I wouldn't want to be in this predicament, again, after just bailing out of a similar one.

I see nothing from Jankowski that makes me want him in the line-up.

He was at least good defensively and on the PK
last year.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Jankowski was one of those classic Marc Bargain-bin moves. When they don’t work you should just dump them.

I actually don’t want to make fun of Bergevin too much because he’s had a hell of a better last 18 months than any Pittsburgh GM.

Reactions: Trade

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Jankowski was one of those classic Marc Bargain-bin moves. When they don’t work you should just dump them.

I actually don’t want to make fun of Bergevin too much because he’s had a hell of a better last 18 months than any Pittsburgh GM.

Jankowski was a solid move. He had a great season for Calgary prior to last year.

But yeah. It’s not working out. Give Bellerive a shot until McCann is back.

But nah. Drop Kapanen out of the L1 because he isn’t giving the team a chance to win, but consistently give Jankowski a spot on the roster.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I see nothing from Jankowski that makes me want him in the line-up.

He was at least good defensively and on the PK
last year.

Like I said, he probably isn't really happy being where he's at. It's not right, on both sides of the coin. He can't force the coach to put him out there in more favorable situations enough he'll rot and get a bad attitude. Look at Geno, he does the the very same thing when he doesn't get what he wants.

How about marry the two together and move him up to Geno's wing, and they can have a pity party together.:laugh:

I won't lie, it could actually work. If we are open to everyone getting a chance.

Jankowski, Malkin, Rust.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jankowski was a solid move. He had a great season for Calgary prior to last year.

But yeah. It’s not working out. Give Bellerive a shot until McCann is back.

But nah. Drop Kapanen out of the L1 because he isn’t giving the team a chance to win, but consistently give Jankowski a spot on the roster.

I'm not saying Sullivan is right about moving Kapanen out of the top 6 so quickly...

...but this was kind of the issue in Toronto.

Reactions: The Old Master

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Like I said, he probably isn't really happy being where he's at. It's not right, on both sides of the coin. He can't force the coach to put him out there in more favorable situations enough he'll rot and get a bad attitude. Look at Geno, he does the the very same thing when he doesn't get what he wants.

How about marry the two together and move him up to Geno's wing, and they can have a pity party together.:laugh:

I won't lie, it could actually work. If we are open to everyone getting a chance.

Jankowski, Malkin, Rust.

Jankowski is making league minimum and sucks.

Malkin was just a top five player in the league.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Sid.

Guentzel-Malkin-Rust was the best line in hockey when Sid was out and he decided to give Guentzel back to Sid. It won’t happen unless Sid stops producing or Sully tells him that he’s the boss now.... Both won’t happen :laugh:

Last year: Sid gets hurt, GMR is the best line in hockey. Zucker is acquired, 12 pts in 15 games playing mostly with Sid. Covid delays the season. Playoffs finally start: Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary, Zucker-Malkin-Rust.

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad