Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Zucker for Bennett+Zary? We clear cap space and get a really good center prospect in our system.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You do realize back then the line of Jake-Geno-Rust got all the tough match ups when Sid was out, right? There was no second option there. There now would be. Which in theory should help open it up for one or the other. You're trying to complicate a matter that doesn't need complicated.

I think your heads in the sand if you think Guentzel- Malkin- Rust fixes everything in the top 6. I think it causes more problems.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Can't wait until Sam Bennett gets traded and sucks in the playoffs for the team he goes too lol.
I guess there's a first time for everything. That said I'm not sure why you ''can't wait'' for it. What makes you think he won't rise to the occasion?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think your heads in the sand if you think Guentzel- Malkin- Rust fixes everything in the top 6. I think it causes more problems.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. lol

With all due respect, I don't think you're understanding the game here very well. You're over thinking it.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure what you are saying. We all were for giving Jankowski a chance to see if he could recapture what he did the year prior to last. He is proving last year wasn't the fluke.

Last year they put him on the 4th from day one.

New team, 5/6 games...? That's not really giving him anything. That's not trying very much at all. He's proving you stick him in the 4c position and you'll get very little out of him. A place he doesn't, didn't want to be, that he earned to not be there at all last year from his prior work the year before, better than anyone who's still there.

Bennett is playing line 2 RW and is garbage, and Ryan's even worse. They played favorites there, how's it working out?

Seriously....Why do people want Bennett? The dudes -61 on his career.:laugh:

I mean, I'm not gonna die on a limb for a guy who's not going to get a "real chance." Not unless they improve and push guys down the roster to help.

Trade him off, and they'll be right back where they were, but worse. If McCann couldn't do it last year, with more depth, what makes people think he'll do it this year with worse players? On the 4th line. They'll be forced to have TB back doing 70% d-zone again. Everyone's looking for wingers.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

The line of thinking goes that it worked last year, so it must work this year.

Jake is 1 step lower than he was last year and Geno is about 8 steps lower. Or steps slower. Whichever.

I hope Sully tries it so that we can stop talking about it either way, but I doubt it fixes anything.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. lol

With all due respect, I don't think you're understanding the game here very well. You're over thinking it.

I think you’re stuck in 2019/2020. Buy a new calendar.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
The line of thinking goes that it worked last year, so it must work this year.

Jake is 1 step lower than he was last year and Geno is about 8 steps lower. Or steps slower. Whichever.

I hope Sully tries it so that we can stop talking about it either way, but I doubt it fixes anything.

I think we need to try things but one of Jake or Rust with each centre and not Kappy with Sid or Zucker with Malkin.

Reactions: KIRK and Gurglesons

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the problem is that Kappanen is not what this TOP 6 needs. he is Rust lite, without Rust's forecheck game that really helps now both Sid and Geno. Jake with Sid should stay...Geno with Rust. Then you need to find soemone that can play that cycle game with Sid and Jake....and someone on LW for Geno that can be that give and go guy with more grit and cover for Geno's offensive escapade...at this point I am thinking I'd try ZAR there until something better clicks...Now Sid get screwed unless you move Zucker to the Top 6 and see if he can play RW...we still need 1-2 decent Top 9 players to make this work

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
the problem is that Kappanen is not what this TOP 6 needs. he is Rust lite, without Rust's forecheck game that really helps now both Sid and Geno. Jake with Sid should stay...Geno with Rust. Then you need to find soemone that can play that cycle game with Sid and Jake....and someone on LW for Geno that can be that give and go guy with more grit and cover for Geno's offensive escapade...at this point I am thinking I'd try ZAR there until something better clicks...Now Sid get screwed unless you move Zucker to the Top 6 and see if he can play RW...we still need 1-2 decent Top 9 players to make this work

I'd have Rust and Sid together with Zucker. I don't think there is another RW on this team that actually fits with Sid besides Rust. We probably should have kept either Sheary or Simon over Jankowski.

Kappy has shown something with Malkin and if you add Jake in there and give that line as heavy of O zone starts as you can it could really work.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The last time a single Penguins anything was dangerous in the playoffs was Sid & Jake in 2018. Against Washington they won their matchup while Messel got caved shift after shift. It was clear then that Phil needed to go but fans idiotically cheerlead keeping him around or just blamed Maatta and Letang.

Neither here nor there. Anyway.

If we're going for nostalgia and things that worked in the past I'd start with Sid & Jake in 2018.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
The last time a single Penguins anything was dangerous in the playoffs was Sid & Jake in 2018. Against Washington they won their matchup while Messel got caved shift after shift. It was clear then that Phil needed to go but fans idiotically cheerlead keeping him around or just blamed Maatta and Letang.

Neither here nor there. Anyway.

If we're going for nostalgia and things that worked in the past I'd start with Sid & Jake in 2018.

Malkin couldn't skate after he came back so his form in that series is a big *. You aren't going to do well when you can only really skate straight lines and your turning circle is.........

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad