Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where Gods are born & Old Ones Go To Valhalla..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've really not got anything to say other than I disagree (except on JJ). We are not getting ahead of the curve, we are following it. Getting rid of Kessel before he became negative value, because he's no longer an elite talent, made sense even if we didn't have a perfect plan for replacing him - although who knows what happens without our best forwards getting wrecked by injury. Hornqvist and Matheson, we'll see, but right now he'd be 4RW here with everyone fit. His PP impact last year was diminished too. Getting rid of him made sense, just maybe not like that, and it did at least fall into a plan (play fast) rather than just throwing shit at the wall.

Also the plan of get rid of the non-essential guys who mightn't be able to last as long as Crosby probably can and try and get fresh legs around him. Which is the biggest disagreement we've got I think. Kessel and Hornqvist had fallen out of being big factors here already. Rutherford desperately trying something to keep relevant when that happened, rather than simply riding them to the bitter end, is okay with me.

Kessel was 6th among RWs in scoring and 6th among all players in PP points in '18-'19. If that doesn't qualify as elite, then the definition's pretty narrow. He would still be by far the best playmaking wing on our team and our best option to play the LHS on the PP. Kessel's durability on a historically undurable team is another mark in his favour.

The justification of "playing fast" to move Hornqvist for a much worse player never made sense to me. Speed doesn't count for much if you're a severely overpaid 3rd pairing defenseman with no special teams advantage.

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
JR's biggest fault for me in not getting that trigger man on the PP and the PP QB to go along with malkin crosby and jake. If they can go 25% on the PP, I can almost care less if that PP QB is a 6-7th D man 5v5. They need to score on the man advantage plain and simple.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Here we go with the we can fix every dman garbage.

For every Niskanen (who we acquired literally 10 years ago), you have a Jack Johnson or a Hunwick.
no one is perfect, and we are far from it. but we have demonstrated that it is possible. [3rd line center] it cost little and the reward can be big.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Huh I didn't know that, good to know.

I've heard good things about Calgary, so they wouldn't be a definite on my NTC, but that weather is fierce.

Calgary has good entertainment basically fun to party in but looks like a dump. Although Banff is only an hour drive for your scenery.

Reactions: Empoleon8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad