Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where every JR update, gives us all Anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh great. Sucks for Blueger. Deserves that 3c spot more than McCann does and this coming from one of McCanns biggest advocates.

I don’t think McCann gets the 3C spot, tbh. He’ll be a bottom 6 winger normally and C if there are injuries. If anything we’re getting a clearer picture of the bottom 6 wingers. McCann as the 3LW unless he’s pushed down to 4LW by someone (Poulin) or the 3LW regardless because Hornqvist is gone and 3RW is where anyone else goes.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Unless Rutherford moves Horny and Letang or Horny they are the exact identical team as last year..

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think McCann can really only be effective as a winger after seeing how poorly he played since January at C.

As a wing he can play up and down the lineup and be effective, has some good chemistry with 71 & 87 when his shots are hitting the net.
Thing is literally every metric shows why I know he should be kept at 3c and why it bothers me that the internal debate on this moronic team is 50/50 on w and c.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Unless Rutherford moves Horny and Letang or Horny they are the exact identical team as last year..
"Harder to play against" must mean Sullivan is going to confuse and ruin them so much they'll just be hard to watch and play against out of pity.

With JRs support of doing the bare minimum.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think McCann gets the 3C spot, tbh. He’ll be a bottom 6 winger normally and C if there are injuries. If anything we’re getting a clearer picture of the bottom 6 wingers. McCann as the 3LW unless he’s pushed down to 4LW by someone (Poulin) or the 3LW regardless because Hornqvist is gone and 3RW is where anyone else goes.
Then this signing is even more garbage than I originally anticipated.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh great. Sucks for Blueger. Deserves that 3c spot more than McCann does and this coming from one of McCanns biggest advocates.

I'm not convinced the team sees him as a viable 3C, anymore. But who knows. He's gonna be a weird fit for now, at least. But that's a good contract and at least makes him easy to move should it come to that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Fair enough. I can't get excited about the prospects of Rutherford's next moves. I have lost all faith in his ability to make the right moves. I don't think this team is going to make the playoffs next season, and then from there it is the great unknown (depending on who is managing this franchise at that time, and who is coaching it).

We are Robert Johnson and we are at the crossroads.

I think cross roads is next off season and is solely dependent on playoff performance. Lay another egg and I think tough discussions happen and the 'dig your heels in' argument of "if JR moves Malkin or Letang he should be fired" are off the table. Just gotta hope JR's horse trading pays off and the team performs.

Yeah, I'd expect at least 3 seasons or so of less than stellar fan attendance/support for disposable income sinks like professional sports. Way too many influencing factors to think anything less.

First, the virus impact itself. No one knows if/when vaccine/treatments will make things "safe" again. Even when it is, you'll have those that don't believe it is or are willing to go without. Second, financial impact of #1 and the related recession on John Q Citizen being able to afford it. This will be a much longer period than #1 as economy can't bounce back as quick as individuals can decide it's safe or not. Takes some time for momentum to build and feel comfortable again once a recovery takes hold.

I don't know, I think you'd be surprised with how many people that are itching to get out and get back to normal. "Safe" is always relative. What may be the kicker is that I have friends that complain all the damn time about the cost of attending a game a PPG. If people's income are not what they want to be, they may say "I can't afford a ticket and nachos" and that would be the driving force over "safe/unsafe" when it comes to attending games. I would think they would re-evaluate pricing in order to encourage people to come back and spend. I remember my visit to PPG being quite expensive but then again, it was vacation and I pulled out the stops for a rare game attendance.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Did not see the McCann extension coming...but I wonder if that makes him more marketable to other teams now knowing his contract and price?

Who signs a deal for $5,880,000 total? That would ruin the OCD part of my brain.

Reactions: Riptide

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
If the right deal comes along I think trading Malkin or Letang would greatly improve this teams over all defense and execution of plain ole laziness... and not really wanting to play some nights.Because they get to tired.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Eh. I think things like sports will be a key aspect of what survives.

The biggest question to me when it comes to seats in the NHL is how they handle season ticket holders which are a life blood and their most valuable fans if they can't seat at capacity.

One only needs to look at the Great Depression to see that sports were an outlet.

Oh, I think sports will "survive". Just some lean years on the near horizon.

And for your depression comparison, I think it'll be baseball again that is hit the least ... by far the cheapest option, not nearly as much demand, and outdoors (generally). NHL and NBA are gonna get hit the most.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Seen Sprong signs 2 year deal with Caps (1 way).

tumblr_nmfyw2jNqo1rmza7io1_400.gif

Reactions: 66-30-33

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I don't understand what in the world Rutherford is gonna do to improve the Pens defense-men...Letang is good when He is on top of His game,Dumoulin and Petterson are ok.All we got.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Traded back to Oilers for a 6th.

You know how Pens traded a 4th for Oleksiak and traded him back for the same pick back? same thing with Marino.

I wouldn’t put it past JR the way he’s going so far...

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
who?

The issue on defense is Jack “please motherf***ing f*** off” Johnson and the bottom pairing. The top 4 is fine, you want better than Pettersson but they’re a solid group.
LOL we are stuck with lousy defense because of Jack Johnson I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad