Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Mathensum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And Murray didn't take a discount. When he signed his new deal they didn't even win the second cup yet. He got that from his AHL play, 13 games of NHL regular season play and 21 games in the playoffs + cup >>>>$3.750 /3 years.

Oh I hope i didn't imply that he did. I meant when fans go "HE SHOULD GIVE A DISCOUNT TO PLAY HERE! HE CAN PLAY WITH SID!" and it makes me chuckle. Like... no. Never.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
San Jose has TBL's 31st OV. If they send Dubs and Danato and SJ sends back a prospect or bottom 6, the value is there.

We all knew he would sign there. People using a couple of these goalies as reasons to diminish Murray's value are nuts, especially for like Edmonton. They have issues signing goalies anyway. Spending an asset on Murray is not the worst thing for them.

I had him at a 3x3 so this is very close. Love it.

Lafferty and Angello can be sent down though. MM is likely traded.

I think we are okay.
True they can be sent down but that leaves just 11 forwards unless Riikola plays wing again.

Reactions: SEALBound

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why is JJ still on this roster?

edit...Grabner just got bought out and AZ has cap issues...Pens only have $2.6 mil in space and JR likes to keep at least $1 mil when the season starts...just buy him the bleep out...

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If nothing happens with Johnson we waive Ruhwedel and keep Lafferty up.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
True they can be sent down but that leaves just 11 forwards unless Riikola plays wing again.

That’s only if ZAR isn’t ready to start.

1. Crosby
  2. Malkin
  3. Guentzel
  4. Rust
  5. Zucker
  6. Kapanen
  7. McCann
  8. Tanev
  9. Blueger
  10. Scevior
  11. ZAR
  12. Simon
The longer it takes for things to get going, the more likely it is he’s ready if we look at the roster as is and sign all the RFA Fs. The issue is that I think Lafferty is something like 10 games away from not being waiver exempt. They need to be careful in case he needs more AHL time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh I hope i didn't imply that he did. I meant when fans go "HE SHOULD GIVE A DISCOUNT TO PLAY HERE! HE CAN PLAY WITH SID!" and it makes me chuckle. Like... no. Never.

Yeah. Discounts are not always huge anyways and come with term not bridge deals. The give and take is about security. I'll give up .500 for longer term. I wouldn't say never, just so it's mutually beneficial.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
That’s only if ZAR isn’t ready to start.

1. Crosby
  2. Malkin
  3. Guentzel
  4. Rust
  5. Zucker
  6. Kapanen
  7. McCann
  8. Tanev
  9. Blueger
  10. Scevior
  11. ZAR
  12. Simon
The longer it takes for things to get going, the more likely it is he’s ready if we look at the roster as is and sign all the RFA Fs. The issue is that I think Lafferty is something like 10 games away from not being waiver exempt. They need to be careful in case he needs more AHL time.
Simon hasn’t been signed yet. I’m not sure when ZAR will be back but even then most teams carry a 13th F. I’m hoping they bring another F in as well.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Simon hasn’t been signed yet. I’m not sure when ZAR will be back but even then most teams carry a 13th F. I’m hoping they bring another F in as well.

I said if the RFAs had been signed and as is. I hope that’s not our bottom 6 to start the season because I hate it. Hope like hell Poulin is ready and find a 3C with cap space from JJ being gone. McCann-X-Poulin, X-Blueger-Tanev. They need to get JJ off the books or they’re in for something painful.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Ah yes, Bruce "Malkin to the Kings" Garrioch. He claimed that the Pens offered Malkin to the Kings at the 2008 draft for the 2nd overall pick and a player. If I recall correctly, Shero tells the story of how Lombardi walked up to him at that draft and said, "so I hear you're trading Malkin to us!" and then they both laughed.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ah yes, Bruce "Malkin to the Kings" Garrioch. He claimed that the Pens offered Malkin to the Kings at the 2008 draft for the 2nd overall pick and a player. If I recall correctly, Shero tells the story of how Lombardi walked up to him at that draft and said, "so I hear you're trading Malkin to us!" and then they both laughed.

I remember that story ...Geno has been traded at least 10 times over the years to LA, Chicago and Florida it’s hard to keep track lol

Reactions: Freeptop

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
After the buyout, grabner would be a good add for the 4th line/pk

5e6.gif

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I wonder who would even be considered a top goalie in this league. MAF was a backup in the postseason. Bins couldn't even start for st louis. Vasi was tortured by fans until they won this year. Price? People call him overpaid. Goaltenders in the NHL. Woof man. Tough position

Which is why you should never pay them.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I said if the RFAs had been signed and as is. I hope that’s not our bottom 6 to start the season because I hate it. Hope like hell Poulin is ready and find a 3C with cap space from JJ being gone. McCann-X-Poulin, X-Blueger-Tanev. They need to get JJ off the books or they’re in for something painful.

I think its a very good top 9 but yeah, we need one more skilled player at least. Not saying the top 9 will have Tanev and Blueger in it but just going by that list.

I would add Poulin and sign a UFA for cheap(should be plenty of options where we could get one for 2 mil or so)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
With the little cap we have left, there is no doubt JJ is moved now. We may have to give up a prospect we dont want to(Legare?) . What else could we give up ? I doubt we want to move our 3rd since we dont have a 1st, 2nd. Maybe there is a team that is high on Simon and we could add him. Or Lafferty and a 5th. I have no idea what it would take.

But we need to do something because there are going to be some good UFAs(especially after all of the buyouts) that could really help out our bottom 6. We need at least one more skilled player for the 3rd line.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
With the little cap we have left, there is no doubt JJ is moved now. We may have to give up a prospect we dont want to(Legare?) . What else could we give up ? I doubt we want to move our 3rd since we dont have a 1st, 2nd. Maybe there is a team that is high on Simon and we could add him. Or Lafferty and a 5th. I have no idea what it would take.

But we need to do something because there are going to be some good UFAs(especially after all of the buyouts) that could really help out our bottom 6. We need at least one more skilled player for the 3rd line.

That’s not really up to the Pens though. Income for teams will be down, he still has 3 years, he’s not very good and how good are our sweeteners really to take him on.

Would you take on JJ for an extra 2nd round pick or any of our “moveable” prospects? Term is the killer.

JR is going to have to call in a favour or “owe” someone to move JJ.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad