Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Mathensum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That’s not really up to the Pens though. Income for teams will be down, he still has 3 years, he’s not very good and how good are our sweeteners really to take him on.

Would you take on JJ for an extra 2nd round pick or any of our “moveable” prospects? Term is the killer.

JR is going to have to call in a favour or “owe” someone to move JJ.

Wings and Sens are the teams that could do that. Thats why I am wondering what we would have to give up. Would it have to be Legare? Im assuming it wouldnt have to be Poulin or POJ level.

I am also guessing JR wants his 3rd this year since we have no 1st or 2nd. 3rd is usually our magic round anyway.

Maybe a combo of two prospects. Or a 4th and a prospect

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That’s not really up to the Pens though. Income for teams will be down, he still has 3 years, he’s not very good and how good are our sweeteners really to take him on.

Would you take on JJ for an extra 2nd round pick or any of our “moveable” prospects? Term is the killer.

JR is going to have to call in a favour or “owe” someone to move JJ.

Or just buy him the f*** out and apologize to ownership for ever doing this. That’s entirely in their control and saves money.

They can also ice a full roster if Simon doesn’t break the bank and he shouldn’t. It’s just not going to be a great bottom 6 but they can ice a full team while still carrying JJ. Quality would force them to move him but the cap doesn’t.

Reactions: Andy99

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Well, because Murray is better and younger than Crawford? That would be my guess-- the Hawks would acquire a better longterm asset for roughly the same price or slightly more expensive. That's a pretty good trade off, I think.

Doesn't change the fact that they don't have the money. They have ~8m in cap and need to sign Kabulik and Strome and a goalie. And then still decide what is happening with Seabrook (who as someone on LTIR) isn't currently counting against those cap numbers (thanks CF).

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Doesn't change the fact that they don't have the money. They have ~8m in cap and need to sign Kabulik and Strome and a goalie. And then still decide what is happening with Seabrook (who as someone on LTIR) isn't currently counting against those cap numbers (thanks CF).

Now you've got me thinking about the yuckiness that would be a Strome for Murray swap.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yep, that would get my attention and be the kind of roster player move I’d like. My concerns would be that he and Marino would be getting new deals at the same time and he’s not exempt from the expansion draft. If Matheson figures it out you’ve suddenly got 5 D you need to protect and 3 slots.

Reactions: Riptide

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Right now the Pens are sitting at about 78.6m total caphit but the actual salary is only 71.5m. So there shouldnt be any problem spending to the cap now. The last couple deals have saved quite a bit in real money for next season.

I say they dump JJ at the draft. Maybe our 3rd +. Giving us just around 6mil for UFA. Where we can add a quality FA for our bottom 6, especially considering there will be some that take less money this year. On a short term deal.

Someone like Granlund on a year or two. You dont really want your bottom 6 filled with longterm contracts anyway. Caps are stuck with a lot of them, causing them to lose others.

We already have Tanev on one. Thats good enough. Continuing to rotate the bottom 6 every few years keeps the team from getting complacent. Allows for younger players to get their chance. And allows the team to add a skilled player in FA.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@JimmyTwoTimes told you on Simon.

Smug Pixie

aapmiy2p44iy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->