Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Level of Interest Meter Pegged At Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I agree. I thought Sheahan was actually doing a fine job before Brassard was brought in. And "Dad" definitely kept him down the depth chart, too.

He wasn't flashy. It's not like I'm pining to have the guy back. But IIRC he had a lot more success centering Kessel than Brassard did. Though honestly that's just further commentary on what a giant turd Brassard is.
Sheahan had 32 points in 73 games, had 54% face-offs, was one of our best defensive forwards and only took 4 PIM's all year.

If he sustained that level then he'd have been a huge bargain at 2 mil AAV. Sadly he fell off a cliff. Kind of hard to predict that.

Not really buying what @Pens x is selling. Makes it sound like he was useless the whole time, which is just nonsense.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
How the hell does this place go through thread after thread when literally nothing happens :laugh:
Active fanbase with a pretty solid foundation of posters with heavy presence. Like EightyOne just said and many others practice, there are those that just lurk around off-season. Plus there is a good amount of discussion worthy happenings league and team wise.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sheahan had 32 points in 73 games, had 54% face-offs, was one of our best defensive forwards and only took 4 PIM's all year.

If he sustained that level then he'd have been a huge bargain at 2 mil AAV. Sadly he fell off a cliff. Kind of hard to predict that.

Not really buying what @Pens x is selling. Makes it sound like he was useless the whole time, which is just nonsense.

Yup. Sounds to me like the exact kind of guy that you utilize as your 3rd/4th line center until it's no longer viable. Maybe it sounds half shitty but you use up depth guys until you find the guy behind them to step into that hole. Then you move on. You don't, say... give them 6 year contracts and basically marry yourself to them. Or try to go poach a scoring line player, pay him an assload and somehow convince him it's in his best interests to put their ego aside and be content playing down the lineup. Good luck with that last one.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

His points were inflated because of injuries to our centers. In the end, he’s a fourth line center.

Why hasn’t any team signed him if he’s truly a 3C? It’s not like he can demand much after 2 out of his last 3 seasons...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Here's a serious question about our ex-Coyote. Why do they call him Chucky? His name isn't Galyenchuk. It's Galchenyuk. It should be Yucky.

"Chucky" makes me think of Chuck Kobasew and his 33 games here in 13-14. I don't need that type of negativity in my life.

"Yucky" is likely going to be a good go-to for this guy a few months down the line, though.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Here's a serious question about our ex-Coyote. Why do they call him Chucky? His name isn't Galyenchuk. It's Galchenyuk. It should be Yucky.
Galchenyuk was on a team with Gallagher (Montreal) who also had the nickname “Gally”. Gallagher kept it and Galchenyuk took Chucky.

So yeah, Alex’s nickname was Gally too.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
His points were inflated because of injuries to our centers. In the end, he’s a fourth line center.

Why hasn’t any team signed him if he’s truly a 3C? It’s not like he can demand much after 2 out of his last 3 seasons...
I agree that he hasn't shown enough consistency in his career to lock down a 3C spot, especially on a good team. All I'm saying is that he has the tools to be an effective player in this league. He's got mental issues that get in the way.

In the current market, GMs would be fools not to sign him for dirt cheap and see what happens. Low risk, high reward. There's teams out there with garbage center depth.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Id take sheahan back tbh. Very good 4C who can play 3C well enough for a short period of time. He takes on ton of Dzone starts and is good down low and on faceoffs, good PKer

If you move out Bjugstad, id definitely sign Sheahan at near league min to be the 4C and Blueger slots in at 3C.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ok, that makes sense, but still why “Chucky”?

Galchenyuk.

Woah! :laugh:

Id say it's because Canadian hockey people literally hate Europeans in the league. US fans are not much better with that, either. Anyone of Slavic origin is extra f***ed.

So they didn't give a shit about f***ing up his name.

Source:

#NHL100Best

I mean. He's American. But. Is he? That face and name. No.

Reactions: tom_servo

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ok, that makes sense, but still why “Chucky”?

Maybe he’s a good guy ;)

s-l640.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Brassard struggling as much as he did is one of the bigger surprises of my Pens fandom.

- career average of 49 points per 82 games
- career 55 points in 78 playoff games...he was known as Big Game Brass for God's sake
- on pace for 54 regular season points the season we traded for him, and had 11 points in 19 playoff games the year before
- same age as our stars
- opportunity to exploit lesser defensive match-ups with an elite winger on the 3rd line

I'm not sure what went wrong. He was used a lot differently here than he had been before, and maybe that broke him. Or maybe he was just one of those guys who fell off a cliff shortly after his 30th birthday.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I say we just call him Hot Dogs.

For obvious reasons.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Brassard struggling as much as he did is one of the bigger surprises of my Pens fandom.

- career average of 49 points per 82 games
- career 55 points in 78 playoff games...he was known as Big Game Brass for God's sake
- on pace for 54 regular season points the season we traded for him, and had 11 points in 19 playoff games the year before
- same age as our stars
- opportunity to exploit lesser defensive match-ups with an elite winger on the 3rd line

I'm not sure what went wrong. He was used a lot differently here than he had been before, and maybe that broke him. Or maybe he was just one of those guys who fell off a cliff shortly after his 30th birthday.

It was the perfect overkill.

On paper.

And the ultimate failure in practice.

At least Iginla still DID something on ice in the wrong usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad