Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Level of Interest Meter Pegged At Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I hate all of you.

Why did you have to cause me to log in after months of avoiding this.

The last two seasons/playoffs have been garbage--don't even try to refute this.
This summer has been garbage.
The Pens are currently garbage.
It is f***ing embarrassing when Doug Wilson is better at navigating the GM game than whoever is your teams' GM.

But...

EightyOnefanyo isn't the worst. So I am okay if JR wants to try and force me...us...to change our names.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So who gets signed first Riley Sheahan or Derrick Brassard?

mm hmm
mm hmmmm
mmmm hmmmm
yeah yeah...uh..huh...sure...yeah..... okay....fine, let's do this

loading-gun-gif-1.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Riley, of course.

He's a functioning bottom 6 forward. Brassard can't even do that even on a fairly good Pens team.

Rutherford paid to get his cap hit reduced to 3.0ish and he'll be lucky if he'll get 1.5/2.0ish at this rate.

Reactions: Riptide

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Remember when people actually convinced himself that Sheehan was a viable 3C?

Good times. I remember all of the insults spewed at my for saying he was awful.

I think Brassard gets signed first.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd love for JR to get Gusev here. That's a move that really could help solidify this squad.

But how do we help them reduce their cap to make it work?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember when so many people on this site actually convinced himself that Sheehan was a viable 3C?

Good times. I remember all of the insults spewed at my for saying he was awful.

He is in the right conditions.

His track record also says so. You can't count on a one season sample size of a dysfunctional and underachieving Pens team and come away with your stance.

Yes, for one season he was awful while being jerked around because they decided to bring in Brassard.

Just to show you, he was just a season removed of 11- 21 for 32 points.

You are still wrong.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought you misspelled whining there, only to learn that whinging is a real word :laugh:

Btw I'd be happy to go after Gusev. I don't know how you'd make the cap work, but I'd be happy to add Gusev for the contract he's asking for.

Ha...Me too.

We need to "stop whingeing and get on with it!"

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I didn't hate it when they re-signed Sheahan. Then again I've always been of the opinion that it's ri-goddamned-diculous to be running around bleeding assets and paying out the nose in this neverending quest for like... the ultimate third line center. Sometimes it's just fine to have a guy play that position that doesn't tick every single stupid box that our long-lost Jordy once did. Sometimes simple competence along with good complimentary linemates are fine, too.

That said I sure didn't hate when they moved him along, either. And that's just kind of the lot of most depth players. Or should be...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only issue I had with re-signing Sheahan was that they also insisted on bringing Cullen back, which pushed Sheahan to a position that he was absolutely incompetent at. I know there were a few people in addition to me who felt that trading for Brassard was gluttonous in 2018, and Brassard falling off a cliff while Sheahan wasn't that bad last year (I'm pretty sure Sheahan had more points on the 4th line than Brassard had points on the 3rd line) just further emphasized that.

They might not have McCann and Bjugstad now if they wouldn't have traded for Brassard in 2018, but I feel like Sheahan deserved better than how he was treated in Pittsburgh. He should have been the 3C for all of 17-18 and should have entered as the 3C in 18-19. I don't consider Bjugstad much more than another Sheahan anyway.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Whinging is the more fun word to say.

Combo of whining and unhinged... that’s my current state of feeling regarding JR and the Pens’ offseason so far...the British words are all better...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He is in the right conditions.

His track record also says so. You can't count on a one season sample size of a dysfunctional and underachieving Pens team and come away with your stance.

Yes, for one season he was awful while being jerked around because they decided to bring in Brassard.

Just to show you, he was just a season removed of 11- 21 for 32 points.

You are still wrong.
Last year he had 19 points and in 2017-2018 he set an NHL record of playing in what 80 games before scoring his first goal of the season?

But I’m wrong?

Interesting.

He’s garbage.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The only issue I had with re-signing Sheahan was that they also insisted on bringing Cullen back, which pushed Sheahan to a position that he was absolutely incompetent at. I know there were a few people in addition to me who felt that trading for Brassard was gluttonous in 2018, and Brassard falling off a cliff while Sheahan wasn't that bad last year (I'm pretty sure Sheahan had more points on the 4th line than Brassard had points on the 3rd line) just further emphasized that.

They might not have McCann and Bjugstad now if they wouldn't have traded for Brassard in 2018, but I feel like Sheahan deserved better than how he was treated in Pittsburgh. He should have been the 3C for all of 17-18 and should have entered as the 3C in 18-19.

I agree. I thought Sheahan was actually doing a fine job before Brassard was brought in. And "Dad" definitely kept him down the depth chart, too.

He wasn't flashy. It's not like I'm pining to have the guy back. But IIRC he had a lot more success centering Kessel than Brassard did. Though honestly that's just further commentary on what a giant turd Brassard is.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I hate all of you.

Why did you have to cause me to log in after months of avoiding this.

The last two seasons/playoffs have been garbage--don't even try to refute this.
This summer has been garbage.
The Pens are currently garbage.
It is ****ing embarrassing when Doug Wilson is better at navigating the GM game than whoever is your teams' GM.

But...

EightyOnefanyo isn't the worst. So I am okay if JR wants to try and force me...us...to change our names.

Yesh. Don't tell me you been on break for 60 days or more and you come back tight...

I'm not in this bet, but I want to be, just so I could see what my name would be integrated with pixies.

I read the bet, but I forget, is it it JJ is gone by season start? (or season opener of regular season by technicalities?)

I'm in the camp he will still be here (very very very unfortunately - with great sadness I join this camp)

Should we start a new thread to enter the name changing / avatar changing - whatever the bet is challenge?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Last year he had 19 points and in 2017-2018 he set an NHL record of playing in what 80 games before scoring his first goal of the season?

But I’m wrong?

Interesting.

He’s garbage.

Yes. You are.

C'mon, just a little research before you say this stuff will help you immensely.

The answer is 20 games. That's 8 for Detroit and 12 for the Pens.

You also ignore the fact he got jerked around due to Brassard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad