Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: JR's P.F Chang's bill finally coming due...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You said they wouldn’t bring in a guy that punched out another teammate. We literally kept borderline NHL player (and that’s being generous) that got in a fist figgt with a hall of famer.

And you never answered my question, did DeAngelo even throw the first punch?
Didn't Deangelo allegedly get sucker punched? Maybe I heard it wrong.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You said they wouldn’t bring in a guy that punched out another teammate. We literally kept borderline NHL player (and that’s being generous) that got in a fist figgt with a hall of famer.

And you never answered my question, did DeAngelo even throw the first punch?

It does not matter who threw the first punch. If you bothered to read up on it, you'd have seen that this is not a one-time, one-off incident. But an altercation that requires a third person to come in and allegedly hit someone...probably more going on there than just that isolated incident.

Do you think any team would have taken Craig Adams just after fighting Malkin?

Again, saying that because Adams was on the roster after fighting Malkin is good justification that the Pens should trade for TDA is beyond asinine, though 100% on par for you so...

Reactions: EightyOne

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It does not matter who threw the first punch. If you bothered to read up on it, you'd have seen that this is not a one-time, one-off incident. But an altercation that requires a third person to come in and allegedly hit someone...probably more going on there than just that isolated incident.

Do you think any team would have taken Craig Adams just after fighting Malkin?

Again, saying that because Adams was on the roster after fighting Malkin is good justification that the Pens should trade for TDA is beyond asinine, though 100% on par for you so...
Your quote that I responded to only discussed the fight. If you want to get into all of the other stuff about DeAngelo, that’s valid.

But Mario, as an owner, signed off on Tibbets and even had this quote:

“I think that’s a great story. That kid faced so much adversity, did his time, came back after three and a half years. To find himself in the NHL is a great accomplishment.”

Soooo, would this ownership be willing to take a chance on DeAngelo? I’d put my money on it.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Your quote that I responded to only discussed the fight. If you want to get into all of the other stuff about DeAngelo, that’s valid.

But Mario, as an owner, signed off on Tibbets and even had this quote:

“I think that’s a great story. That kid faced so much adversity, did his time, came back after three and a half years. To find himself in the NHL is a great accomplishment.”

Soooo, would this ownership be willing to take a chance on DeAngelo? I’d put my money on it.

I just want to make sure I'm following...you're talking about Billy Tibbets...the convicted rapist who spent several years in prison? What, like 20 years ago? Did he shoot someone with a BB gun or something?

THAT...is who you are using as justification to trade for TDA? You believe the situations are comparable and that the league and society haven't changed in 20 years, especially in the last 2-3?

I just want to make sure everyone understands what you are saying.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd hope Sid or someone would step in and draw the line as far as DeAngelo is concerned. It's one thing to be an annoyance or distraction in the lockerroom or media a la Evander Kane or something like that, it's another thing entirely to be an outright racist conspiracy theory lunatic who sucks at hockey, but is never shy about throwing his teammates under the bus.

Reactions: EightyOne

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'd hope Sid or someone would step in and draw the line as far as DeAngelo is concerned. It's one thing to be an annoyance or distraction in the lockerroom or media a la Evander Kane or something like that, it's another thing entirely to be an outright racist conspiracy theory lunatic who sucks at hockey, but is never shy about throwing his teammates under the bus.
Do you mean sid or someone should step in IF the pens were considering trading for him? If so I agree, but the pens aren’t linked to him at all which, in my opinion, is good.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Do you mean sid or someone should step in IF the pens were considering trading for him? If so I agree, but the pens aren’t linked to him at all which, in my opinion, is good.
Absolutely. This team's circling the drain as is, and I can't imagine the lockerroom is all that up-beat and that kinda thing. Bringing in a diarrhea human like DeAngelo is f***ing asinine, and I'd hope Sid would have the wherewithal to step in and voice his opinion against it considering this team's got like a season and a half left with the big three anywhere close to being gamechangers anymore.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I definitely don't want DeAngelo due to his off-ice issues, but I'm not exactly sure the Penguins are an organization that has a history of saying no to guys with those kind of issues.

I'm not convinced that the organization that employed Tom Barrasso for like a decade would say no to bringing in DeAngelo, that's what I'm getting at.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m not convinced that a large % of NHLers don’t either have the same “issues” or share in his beliefs.

His issues and beliefs are not the same so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Rereading what I wrote and it sounds dumber than what I had in my head. I wasn’t aware of conspiracy theory accusations. I just think there are a lot of people at different levels of the NHL that don’t hold the most progressive beliefs. Which is also a dumb and tired take.

90% of the world’s population doesn’t hold the progressive beliefs of the western intelligentsia, including about half of North America, so that is a given.

Reactions: Victor Z

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm sure lots of NHLers are conservatives. Most rich people are, since it benefits them the most. I'm also entirely certain there are a good number of racists in the NHL too. I just think you've gotta exercise caution when saying DeAngelo's issues are commonplace. The dude is a flat-out maniac.

Even in his pre-draft stuff, people were talking about his use of slurs on the ice and in the lockerroom as he was growing up and stuff. His father's another nutbag who basically said "Yeah, I'm fine that he said X racial slur a bunch and got suspended. I'd get suspended too, because I've said that same stuff every single day of my entire life."

Classy family.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You're not convinced a large percentage of NHLers aren't complete nutbag conspiracy theory cultists with acute racism? I suppose I'll just have to disagree.

Buuuut

Even though it SHOULDN'T be tolerated anyway, it's okay to be a crazy hateful weirdo in your private life

When you beat that drum in a public light, it's all bad

As long as Sid STFU in public, i kinda don't care about his innnnner thoughts are

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Except Dumoulin hasn't played like a legit top 4 since the 2018-19 season.

Dumoulin was still in his mock lineup so how does that factor in???

Still doesn't change the fact I rather have this lineup over what he proposed. Also as I posted if Matheson can take advantage of this time while Dumoulin is out and plays well then Dumoulin might come expandable because POJ and Pettersson look solid. So Matheson proves he can fit in nicely then the defense could go for LD's all 26 and younger.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DeAngelo's issues that are making him get waived have nothing to do with his political orientation, it has to do with him being a piece of crap :laugh:

Look at Zach Werenski and Seth Jones. Both are huge right wingers, but they're not picking fights with teammates/fans, not getting suspended for using slurs and not being run out of multiple organizations for attitude problems. I'd completely believe that there are more conservative than liberal pro athletes, but that's not the issue here. The issue is that DeAngelo's a crappy person in general.

That's why I brought up the Tom Barrasso comment. Barrasso's also a guy that was a noted piece of shit that IIRC threw a chair at JS Aubin because Barrasso thought Aubin was going to take his job. I'm not convinced that Mario would say no to DeAngelo for the same reason that they kept Barrasso for all of those years.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
DeAngelo's issues that are making him get waived have nothing to do with his political orientation, it has to do with him being a piece of crap :laugh:

Look at Zach Werenski and Seth Jones. Both are huge right wingers, but they're not picking fights with teammates/fans, not getting suspended for using slurs and not being run out of multiple organizations for attitude problems. I'd completely believe that there are more conservative than liberal pro athletes, but that's not the issue here. The issue is that DeAngelo's a crappy person in general.

That's why I brought up the Tom Barrasso comment. Barrasso's also a guy that was a noted piece of shit that IIRC threw a chair at JS Aubin because Barrasso thought Aubin was going to take his job. I'm not convinced that Mario would say no to DeAngelo for the same reason that they kept Barrasso for all of those years.

Yep. Columbus is full of chuds. But they keep their disgusting views mostly private.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
All kidding aside, this team in the past has given players second chances pretty regularly. I’m not sure why we are all of a sudden above DeAngelo.

tenor.gif

But seriously, if any team would be willing to look the other way, it might just be the Pens.

This team has taken on enough projects. They don't have time for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad