Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: JR's P.F Chang's bill finally coming due...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I wouldn’t be totally against bringing Fleury back since our goaltending situation has been ass. That said, the “get the band back together” mentality makes me wanna puke.

Reactions: Captain Hook

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I believe that the Fleury trade has had an negative influence on the team’s morale. That being said, his contract is too much of a burden to consider a potential reunion. It is time to move on; look elsewhere for character players.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Most of the team looks like shit and it's not entirely their doing. The teams system looks like shit and also, he's a solid 2way c so in a 4c role he is also not doing the team any harm especially at such a joke of a cap hit.

Complaining about Jank at this point is just finding any lame reason to bitch.
Agreed he isn’t our biggest problem, but he still sucks regardless. He has vanished after two good games.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Thinking about Hexy’s ties to LA, the Pens trade Matheson and DeSmith to the Kings for Quick. The Kings are in the process of installing Cal Peterson as their #1 goalie. Quick could be the veteran back up the Pens are looking for, in addition to having ties to both Hexy and Burke.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Thinking about Hexy’s ties to LA, the Pens trade Matheson and DeSmith to the Kings for Quick. The Kings are in the process of installing Cal Peterson as their #1 goalie. Quick could be the veteran back up the Pens are looking for, in addition to having ties to both Hexy and Burke.

I doubt the Kings do this, but it would be a nice swap for us to get rid of Matheson's anchor of a deal JR left behind as a present.

Left D, if it fully ever gets healthy, will certainly be on the move.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Does anyone else think the goaltending problem goes beyond the players?

Both Murray and Jarry turned sour under the same guy. You can even see some of the same flaws.

Yes Buckley is shit. No idea why he continues to be employed here

Reactions: DRAGO 18

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
At 700k, it’s like at the bottom of the list of issues, I still would do a coaching change before I make any player changes.
I agree that a new coach is desperately needed.

I also don’t think it would help much if they promote Reirden though.

Gallant won’t be cheap, especially when the Pens will be paying Sully’s contract until he goes elsewhere.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's plenty of blame to go around and unquestionably Jank is not at the top of that list. What I'm saying however is the truth. Which is he hasn't done much of anything since the opening series. We need more from pretty much every line. Although I'm quite happy with Teddy.
First off, the mix in the top 6 is not working as well as it should and hasn’t been all season, but Sullivan won’t make the right changes there.

The 3rd line has been probably our best line all season with McCann-Blueger-Tanev.

The 4th line is just throw whatever you can on it and hope it sticks, O’Connor has looked good but never seemed to get tried with the top 6 at all, Sully gonna Sully.

Jankowski is also balls on the PK. The thing you’re missing is not so much that he’s done nothing, but he’s done absolutely nothing and Sullivan keeps playing him. Ask yourself why?

Sullivan has a hard on for his size and speed and his.....wait for it......

STICK-TO-ITIVENESS

You have a coach that won’t put one of the best lines last season, together, instead has been trying to make a line that works in spurts, a thing again. Meanwhile, Malkin is struggling and also trying to make it work, while struggling, with Kapanen and Zucker.

Then the way they play, it’s like forward group is reading off a different play vs the defense.

Then the usage of the starter vs how he plays him like a back-up and doesn’t let him play though his mighty struggles, that low and behold, the guy they traded was also facing but was allowed to play through.

giphy.gif

Mike Sullivan has not found a way to adapt, adjust, improve, or even show the out of the box thinking that we all thought he displayed for the first 2 cups, the last 4 seasons.

With a main core at this age, you can’t pull another Bylsma, we’re already in season 6 and 4yrs removed and the team looks awful all around but more notably, in the top 6. This is like Mike Johnston level of bad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I agree that a new coach is desperately needed.

I also don’t think it would help much if they promote Reirden though.

Gallant won’t be cheap, especially when the Pens will be paying Sully’s contract until he goes elsewhere.

1. Yes, a new coach is needed.

2. No one here thinks Todd Reirden is the answer. No one. I guarantee you, Brian Burke doesn’t either. Burke likes veteran coaches and with a core like this, he wouldn’t just throw in Reirden with no track record of success that he could deem worthy of another run.

3. Gallant’s cost....if the Penguins are worried about that, then they deserve to keep Sullivan and fail and squander the rest of the core’s gas tank. They deserve nothing and by being scared of that, show they aren’t serious.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
1. Yes, a new coach is needed.

2. No one here thinks Todd Reirden is the answer. No one. I guarantee you, Brian Burke doesn’t either. Burke likes veteran coaches and with a core like this, he wouldn’t just throw in Reirden with no track record of success that he could deem worthy of another run.

3. Gallant’s cost....if the Penguins are worried about that, then they deserve to keep Sullivan and fail and squander the rest of the core’s gas tank. They deserve nothing and by being scared of that, show they aren’t serious.
Bloody hell, I like what you are saying tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad