Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - I got a faulty parachute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Buffalo is looking for forward depth and wants to move one of Scandella or even possibly Miller or someone else?

JR better be on that Miller train, he can then use Schultz a pure top 6 rental bait.

Dumoulin, Letang
Pettersson, Marino/Miller
Johnson, Marino/Miller/Riikola

I would easily do one of Simon/ZAR, CDS, and a 3rd for Miller and then move Schultz for a rental and a pick.

Done and f***ing DONE.

Edit: Like f***, what can JR do to make this happen? Is Simon the bigger fish for this with DeSmith and a pick? Would the Sabres want that? Miller hasn't been working out for them and is rotating with Scandella, the Sabres get another top 9 forward, a back-up that is likely a guy that can push Hutton or someone else out, and a pick.

Pens get a guy that will fit the Pens system and is signed to a good deal with 2 more years on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying Dego

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
giphy.gif

This is Knott the trade you are looking for!

Damn.. Beat me to it!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Still think Pens should try and get Fowler. Schultz can go for some forward help and is a UFA.

Dumo-Letang
Fowler-Marino
Petts-Riikola
With how JJ has been, I don't see the Pens looking for that LD. I don't see the defense as the issue right now, it's the injuries to the top 9 that is hurting this team. I say no, because now you've just railroaded a spot for POJ in the future. Also the cap hit to make that even work would definitely forfeit us a 1st, our top pick last year, and maybe even POJ and more, that's just not a good trade for me.

I'd rather go after Miller, he's signed to around what JJ makes, has 2 more years left, has the PMD quality and grit to his game, has put up 41pts with VGK and was on that pace last year, is on a bad start this year.

I like Fowler, but the Ducks moving him just seems like a near impossibility unless it's such a gross overpayment, that our board collectively barfs while also trying to smile at landing Fowler but knowing our future is once again, f***ed for one of the lowest ranked prospect pools in the league already.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
@Honour Over Glory Miller certainly seems gettable but i imagine Bott's would want Chucky. Not sure i'd do that.

But he can have Bjugs+a Simon or ZAR in my books if he'd take that. Maybe throw us a Vesey back in the deal so we can take him for a spin under Sully.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory Miller certainly seems gettable but i imagine Bott's would want Chucky. Not sure i'd do that.

But he can have Bjugs+a Simon or ZAR in my books if he'd take that. Maybe throw us a Vesey back in the deal so we can take him for a spin under Sully.
Botts likely wants some cheaper top 9 talent, Simon might be a guy he is familiar with and likes that he can play with Crosby and might identify that as someone that he can also rotate with Eichel.

Chucky, dude has 0 goals and is a UFA, I think getting something cheaper with the cap like Simon might be more intriguing to Botts with his cap situation.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Botts likely wants some cheaper top 9 talent, Simon might be a guy he is familiar with and likes that he can play with Crosby and might identify that as someone that he can also rotate with Eichel.

Chucky, dude has 0 goals and is a UFA, I think getting something cheaper with the cap like Simon might be more intriguing to Botts with his cap situation.

I mean, if thats all it'd take...
But i doubt JR wants to be right back up to the cap limit again so $ would be going out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just reading through Wilkes reporters, WBS has too many vets. Basically Cram wasn't gonna play/dress alot with:

Iacona says don't be surprised if another vet gets dealt as well.

I think Haggerty is a good guess for what player will be moved next, he seems like the most replaceable guy to give guys like Bellerive, Almeida and Drozg more minutes.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pageau's ruining his own chances of being traded by bumping his value much higher than it should be.
Pageau is making himself look bigger than the part he'll get here anyways. He's their top line C and if anything, great to see for fear of one of Sid or Geno go down and he has to bump up.

I think it would be a good price to pay to have security. They once were looking to pay 6.0 for the position and if Pageau came in around 5.5 I'd be all over that for his services in a important position.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah. Petterson and Schultz have been worse at their jobs being 2nd pairing D than McCann at 3C.

I'm cool acquiring another center, but it really does not need to be anything fancy.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Why the hell would the Penguins pay a 3C $5.5 million when they have like 4 guys who can give at least solid results at the 3C spot? Like for real, McCann at center has been nearly equal to Pageau this year.

Jordan Staal broke this fanbase, man.

And then Bonino. We have an absolutely crazy over-emphasis on the 3c position at every level down to the fans. A righty forward for the power play - unless somehow that is Rust - and a Schultz upgrade should be far higher on the shopping list.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I think either a RW for Jake-Sid or a LW for Geno-Rust is our biggest need.

Power forward for Geno. Should have happened yesteryear.

Sid has a perrogative to play with unknowns. At this point it's quite obvious; perhaps 1 GM would refuse to make a splash on wing for Sid (maybe that was the idea behind Phil) - but 15 years later and I would bet good money that Sid calls the shots for who he wants to play with.....and that seems to be guys who are "hard on the puck" - regardless of their finish. So, let him have the pick of the litter with the AHL guys and get Geno a freaking stud of a wing already.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I personally feel like the only flaw on the roster is needing another top-6 winger, whether it's a RWer for Crosby or a LWer for Malkin. I'm more inclined to say that a RWer for Crosby is a bigger need, because Simon seems to mostly be a product of Crosby in a top-6 role while Galchenyuk is actually a top-6 forward, but I think you need less on Crosby's RW than Malkin's LW.

I think their bottom-6 should be pretty firmly set with:

Kahun-McCann-Hornqvist
Tanev-Blueger-Lafferty/ZAR

Either upgrade on Simon or Galchenyuk in your top-6 and I think you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad