Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: GMJR is a (REDACTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
There's a fine line between the ideas of "Other teams are calling about Rust", "Rust could be their most realistically tradeable asset", and "Rust is going to be traded." I know I myself tend to forget this half the time and the clods in the local hockey media do us no favors either.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
That whole off season was just shit to start with. They waited too long to go and acquire a 3c after losing Bonino, then spent a good part of camp and whatever else, on convincing themselves they'd be fine and make a move when needed, then it became obvious they needed to make one when the options from within were absolute garbage and it just kept getting worse from that point out.

Beef with Cole, the weird usage of Brassard, trading way Reaves, trading for Sheahan and then not being happy about it, etc. It seemed like the coach wanted to be a baby about a lot of the things, JR was in panic mode and just making dumb ass deals left and right.

I think that was also the year they called up Blueger and never played him for whatever idiotic reason Sullivan had.

Dont forget JR waited all summer for Matt Cullen's retirement decision then dude just goes and signs in Minnesota.

The old man got caught with his pants down and we had to watch Greg McKegg be our 3C. Dumb.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
https://www.si.com/hockey/podcast/the-hockey-news-podcast-where-will-matt-murray-play-next-season

lol...this is a question at about 24:30 minutes of this podcast...Campbell says Murray is not going anywhere because of the flooded goalie market and the other guy says he’s going to be traded to Carolina for Reimer and a 2nd round pick...lol

Dude, don't listen to Sports Illustrated.

In other news, DK says Rossi and Yohe are making up the Rust rumors for clicks. Read the thread here. It's passive-aggressive yet interesting.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Too bad that DK is even less credible than Rossi and Yohe are.

I don't think Yohe has any amazing sources, but he's absolutely the premier mouthpiece for the organization.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Too bad that DK is even less credible than Rossi and Yohe are.

I don't think Yohe has any amazing sources, but he's absolutely the premier mouthpiece for the organization.

They're all premier douchecanoes.

It's funny to watch them get in little slappy fights with each other while the vast majority of us look on in bemusement with the knowledge that none of them could deliver even the news that the sky is blue without finding a way to lie about it.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Speaking of Bogosian how has he looked TB? They have some RFAs they need to re-sign and he’s coming off a stretch of injuries and bad play- wonder if we could get him on a 1 year, $2 million deal to temporarily anchor the 3rd pair and give him a chance to rebuild his value and cash in next summer.

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Riikola - Bogosian
Ruhwedel

That’s under $20 million total for the entire D corps.

In this scenario we’re making Detroit or whoever take Johnson if they want Murray.
I think I'd rather have Barrie if we are going for a reclamation project RD. Barrie has more offensive upside.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Probably. Let's avoid signing Tanev. But, if he is here. I think he could be an effective RD for a couple years.
I think it would be amazing if HFpens was GM-by-committee for a few seasons. You'd have the mods suggest trade ideas, which have to go to a vote here. Ideas with like a 2/3rds majority vote get to be proposed to other NHL GMs.

I bet we'd outperform the Panthers at the very least.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think I'd rather have Barrie if we are going for a reclamation project RD. Barrie has more offensive upside.

He’s a much better player than Bogosian and would fit what the a pens need more. I think Barrie as a one year value boost deal would be the dream but that assumes the Pens would be in on it and JR wouldn’t blow the cap space on something else. As for Barrie, if they’d stick him with JJ he should stay far, far away.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it would be amazing if HFpens was GM-by-committee for a few seasons. You'd have the mods suggest trade ideas, which have to go to a vote here. Ideas with like a 2/3rds majority vote get to be proposed to other NHL GMs.

Letang, Rust and Jarry would've all been trade and Daniel Spring would be a 1st line winger.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

There would be a colossal fight within a week, factions would break out and there would be deadlocks over things. Plus hyper mood swings.

Probably still better than some terribly run team in the short term.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Still hate the idea of Rust on the block. Especially with the reasoning being "Well, McCann just re-signed and could be the new Rust". I think he could absolutely find another level, McCann that is, but it'll have to be at wing where he's more able to utilize his speed and shot as opposed to playing 3C with all the responsibility that comes with that.

Move Hornqvist before Rust, imo. Ten times out of ten. Or, move none of the above if it means we're clearing cap to bring in Chris f***ing Tanev of all players. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This will be the trade that breaks the camels back for me. Horny for Matheson is not the direction we need to be going unless there is an additional trade that is sending Matheson out somewhere.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I legit don't know anything about Matheson. :laugh: Cursory glance at his stats and whatever scouting reports I could find, seems like a LD with relatively decent upside offensively? He's only 26 years old, too.

I don't trust JR worth a damn, so I'll just wait and see how bad this guy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad