Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: GMJR is a (REDACTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I get this feeling they’re gonna ask horny to waive his clause for a team he’d like to play for and we take what we can get.

its not a massive shakeup, but moving on from Schultz, Bjug, Murray, Sheary, Marleau and whoever else he needs to, then adding Kapanen, a FA 3C(unless mccaan is it)or D and allowing Poulin, POJ, etc the chance to play, is still significant, IMO.

Bjug has not been a regular. Sheary and Marleau were additions late in the season. So pretty much jettisoning a crap Schultz and adding Kap.

That's painting around the edges if I've ever seen it. Maybe it works out. But I doubt it.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
We already have too many left d, as well as too many lefties on the power play. I don't think adding him makes sense
I like to find any excuse to try to get rid of Jack Johnson I can come up with lol.....

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
lol. Leafs are going to sign him to a ridiculous contract.

Or he's going to NYR.

I'd like to see the Leafs mangle their depth to try lol.

I dunno. AP situation seems like he signs with a good team on a fairish deal by free agency standards. If he had any interest in signing there we'd have heard a number his camp wants. Then again, we could wake up one day in October and read he's the highest paid D in the league.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I would never trade Malkin, but what if TB wanted to trade Stamkos for Malkin straight up. If TB wanted a shakeup and if Malkin wanted to play in Florida and he would have fellow Russian Kucherov. Stamkos has 1M less cap hit but is signed 2 years longer.

I think TB needs to shed salary too though. Is the value way off?

Stamkos is one of the most overrated players in the league. He’s a ghost 5 on 5. The guy is a phenomenal power play player. I said what I said.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You forgot playoff games.

I’ll do it. Over the last 6 years Stamkos has missed 35 playoff games (and counting) and they didn’t qualify one year where he missed most of the season and I’m going to guess he wouldn’t have played in the playoffs. Malkin has missed 4. f***ing Letang has missed 30 games to injury and 1 to suspension in that time. Malkin is injury prone but Stamkos is more concerning and I’d doubt his availability more. He destroyed his leg, had a blood clot, tore his meniscus, had core surgery and now has some lingering issues there?

Reactions: SomeDude

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
We already have too many left d, as well as too many lefties on the power play. I don't think adding him makes sense

There's plenty of reasons not to like a player. I do not think that's a legit reason. Krug has been dynamite on the PP for years now. That said I don't think we're getting someone like him - at least not unless JR can make some interesting moves to open up cap space.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
There's plenty of reasons not to like a player. I do not think that's a legit reason. Krug has been dynamite on the PP for years now. That said I don't think we're getting someone like him - at least not unless JR can make some interesting moves to open up cap space.
Glad you're back. Where the hell were you? I thought Peat chopped you up or something.

Reactions: Riptide

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wish JR would use up all his cap space via RFA signings and trades prior to the start of UFA season otherwise I fear what he'll spend it on.

Reactions: Giskard

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Whats Jumbo Joe up to?
Seasoning his bbq meat with his salty tears for never winning a cup.

Sharks are stupid to keep giving him a contract. Imagine letting loyalty blind you from your ultimate goal. Hey let's pay an over the hill wanker way too much instead of using that cap better.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Glad you're back. Where the hell were you? I thought Peat chopped you up or something.

Work has been nuts. Unfortunately I do not see that changing any time soon. And for Peat to chop me up he'd have to find me... The only reason I'm around right now is I'm stuck in some ****hole community with internet so slow even replying takes time to load the page (think something slightly faster then dialup) and do not have cell service. And lucky me I'll be here for at least another few weeks. On the flip side... lots of overtime.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Work has been nuts. Unfortunately I do not see that changing any time soon. And for Peat to chop me up he'd have to find me... The only reason I'm around right now is I'm stuck in some ****hole community with internet so slow even replying takes time to load the page (think something slightly faster then dialup) and do not have cell service. And lucky me I'll be here for at least another few weeks. On the flip side... lots of overtime.
Well, I'm glad to see you back even if things are tedious with the internet. Sincerely glad Peat didn't find you. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad