Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: GMJR is a (REDACTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don’t think Tierney brings much that we need on that line that’s a big improvement at 3C from what McCann brings...if we’re still playing McCann with Horny (hint:we shouldn’t because we’ve seen enough of them not getting it done), we need a center like Kadri between them...

Yeah, if McCann and Horny are gonna be on the same line, you need a playmaker who can really dish the puck (regardless of where McCann slots in).

Why not? Their entire team is based on winning now.

And ours isn't?

Reactions: Andy99

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
If Rutherford does not move one of the three...either Letang..Malkin..or Hornqvist I don't see how we are a better team......Alex Pietrangelo is going to get a Kings ransom waaay over payment..

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Rutherford does not move one of the three...either Letang..Malkin..or Hornqvist I don't see how we are a better team......Alex Pietrangelo is going to get a Kings ransom waaay over payment..

If AP is only wanting to go to a contender, he's not getting a king's ransom. We'll see where he ends up. On a legit team, I'd expect something in the 8-10 range.

It sounds like he's not leaving St. Louis over money as much as not being prioritized by St. Louis when re-signing their players.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Geno = NMC, Sid wants him here, Mario wants him here and most important, Geno wants to be here...he’s not going anywhere and stop suggesting it

Letang= harder to trade with modified NMC but the likelihood there’s a trade out there that makes us as good or better and improves our blueline while saving cap space is not a good one...1% chance of being traded...

Trading Hornqvist or Zucker (similar cap hits) or a combination of McCann and JJ, if you can do that without taking much cap back, is the way to go if the team wants save some money and/or sign someone in FA (and I’m including RFAs who might not be qualified)

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm just looking at Rutherford's moves and seeing his comments and wondering whether Malkin or Letang is being moved because no other moves save this team cap.

I'm sure JR's floating it out there that he'll listen on everyone. But he ain't moving 71 for Glass. It'd take an ideal situation for ownership to ok moving him anyway.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Geno = NMC, Sid wants him here, Mario wants him here and most important, Geno wants to be here...he’s not going anywhere and stop suggesting it

Letang= harder to trade with modified NMC but the likelihood there’s a trade out there that makes us as good or better and improves our blueline while saving cap space is not a good one...1% chance of being traded...

Trading Hornqvist or Zucker (similar cap hits) or a combination of McCann and JJ, if you can do that without taking much cap back, is the way to go if the team wants save some money and/or sign someone in FA (and I’m including RFAs who might not be qualified)
This is exactly the problem....country club to comfortable playing in the same atmosphere with bad results...one of the 3 I named should be traded....but both teams have to get what they want for it..

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I'm sure JR's floating it out there that he'll listen on everyone. But he ain't moving 71 for Glass. It'd take an ideal situation for ownership to ok moving him anyway.
Look at Florida Panthers roster

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I would never trade Malkin, but what if TB wanted to trade Stamkos for Malkin straight up. If TB wanted a shakeup and if Malkin wanted to play in Florida and he would have fellow Russian Kucherov. Stamkos has 1M less cap hit but is signed 2 years longer.

I think TB needs to shed salary too though. Is the value way off?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I would never trade Malkin, but what if TB wanted to trade Stamkos for Malkin straight up. If TB wanted a shakeup and if Malkin wanted to play in Florida and he would have fellow Russian Kucherov. Stamkos has 1M less cap hit but is signed 2 years longer.

That’s interesting. Malkin lives in Florida. Pens could use a RH shot, Stamkos has a good one. Is Stamkos more a center or winger?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Stamkos’ cap hit is less than Malkin’s.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I get this feeling they’re gonna ask horny to waive his clause for a team he’d like to play for and we take what we can get.

its not a massive shakeup, but moving on from Schultz, Bjug, Murray, Sheary, Marleau and whoever else he needs to, then adding Kapanen, a FA 3C(unless mccaan is it)or D and allowing Poulin, POJ, etc the chance to play, is still significant, IMO.

Reactions: Factorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad