Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - No man of the flesh could ever stop me

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Would've been great get atm.
Going from JJ/MP to Gustafsson gets this teams back engine going again.

After saying that and watching just a snippet of Marino/Dumo skating today, i think JR's gonna gamble with those 2 looking on track and he'll chase a winger.
Hopefully, like @KIRK said one that can fit in the top 6.

Sheary/Namestnikov for known names out there make some sense.
But perhaps theres other names not out there...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
After saying that and watching just a snippet of Marino/Dumo skating today, i think JR's gonna gamble with those 2 looking on track and he'll chase a winger.

hopefully NSH still wants to trade one of Granlund/Smith

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
hopefully NSH still wants to trade one of Granlund/Smith

Would be solid options as well but NSH is still in the hunt with games in hand so i didn't include them.
Slim pickins' right now Andy.
Is what it is.
Hurry back Dumo and Marino!

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Maybe he's just holding his cards close to his chest, but it sounds like JR's not going big game hunting. Probably a depth forward who can play multiple positions and a depth defenseman, neither of which will fix the top six scoring or the top four defense issues.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe he's just holding his cards close to his chest, but it sounds like JR's not going big game hunting. Probably a depth forward who can play multiple positions and a depth defenseman, neither of which will fix the top six scoring or the top four defense issues.

Exactly...so why bother?...not going to be the difference in winning some PO games...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Exactly...so why bother?...not going to be the difference in winning some PO games...

I'd be content if he moved Schultz out for a defender who was more solid in his own zone. Because once Marino is back, that's essentially what we'll need out of the bottom pairing RHD. A pairing that just won't hurt you when they're on the ice.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'd be content if he moved Schultz out for a defender who was more solid in his own zone. Because once Marino is back, that's essentially what we'll need out of the bottom pairing RHD. A pairing that just won't hurt you when they're on the ice.

That’s not Bogosian...I’d love it if we could somehow land Vatanen without giving up too much...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Certainly would be wise to sell JS right now but 'fraid JR/Sully are so petrified of Letang going down that they'll keep him just cuz they believe he can still be a factor offensively.
I pray JR is learning the lesson that he has very little behind Letang, Dumo and super rookie Marino.
Theres also no way he's happy watching Simon do what he does with Sid and it not amounting to a whole helluva lot.
McCann too who they had hopes would be a fit with Sid or G.
JR has alot of surgery still to perform if he's really tuned in.
The players and a bit of Sully seem to be with their comments but Sully is playing what JR has given him so...time for JR to give him something different.

ETA: Theres no doubt JR is having nightmares of Jake going down but hopefully the JJ, MP-JS, Simon and a little McCann nightmares take over.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Certainly would be wise to sell JS right now but 'fraid JR/Sully are so petrified of Letang going down that they'll keep him just cuz they believe he can still be a factor offensively.
I pray JR is learning the lesson that he has very little behind Letang, Dumo and super rookie Marino.
Theres also no way he's happy watching Simon do what he does with Sid and it not amounting to whole helluva lot.
The players and a bit of Sully seem to be with their comments but Sully is playing what JR has given him so...time for JR to give him something different.

I don’t think there’s much more he can realistically do by Monday...he blew his wad on Zucker and hopefully that works out...but with Dumo a ? and Sid still not 100% from his groin and Jake out and Rust gone cold/injured, we may be better positioned next season to make a run...we’ll see...unless he picks up a difference maker who we haven’t heard about yet, I can’t imagine the TDL will be that important

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Theres also no way he's happy watching Simon do what he does with Sid and it not amounting to a whole helluva lot.

ETA: Theres no doubt JR is having nightmares of Jake going down but hopefully the JJ, MP-JS, Simon and a little McCann nightmares take over.
McCann has been obscenely ineffective for quite some time now. He hasn't scored a goal in what 14 games? He so consistently inconsistent In putting up goals. Feast or famine with this guy.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
One thing we saw today is why I prefer Rust-Geno-Horny. It's ugly, ugly, and ugly (Horny and Malkin are oil and water, and Rust shouldn't be on the left side), but it's the best option the Pens have right now.

JR owes this team another top 6 winger. They have been through major adversity all season long, and yet they are still in first place in the division at the TDL.

They deserve that one final piece for the Cup run. The D will upgrade itself with the return of Dumo and Marino. But the loss of Guentzel is real, and we cannot plan on him coming back before the ECF at the earliest, and he won’t be close to 100% this year even if/when he does come back.

Having Hornqvist on a line with Malkin makes my eyes bleed. It’s not going to cut it, now or in the playoffs.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
JR owes this team another top 6 winger. They have been through major adversity all season long, and yet they are still in first place in the division at the TDL.

They deserve that one final piece for the Cup run. The D will upgrade itself with the return of Dumo and Marino. But the loss of Guentzel is real, and we cannot plan on him coming back before the ECF at the earliest, and he won’t be close to 100% this year even if/when he does come back.

Having Hornqvist on a line with Malkin makes my eyes bleed. It’s not going to cut it, now or in the playoffs.
What assets are you giving up to acquire such a player?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea, JR does owe Sid and Geno a shot at it this year and the only way is having full faith Dumo/Marino tune up the back end engine and getting another fit in the top 6.
Really any asset that isn't Poulin should be up for grabs. JS should be on his sell list to potentially get it.
Everythings in the to be had bag sans Poulin.
Another 1st, any prospect, JS to a Simon, McCann or Kahun and more.
All in the bag.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yea, JR does owe Sid and Geno a shot at it this year and the only way is having full faith Dumo/Marino tune up the back end engine and getting another fit in the top 6.
Really any asset that isn't Poulin should be up for grabs. JS should be on his sell list to potentially get it.
Everythings in the to be had bag sans Poulin.
I'm glad to see that you don't wish to trade Poulin. No one should want to trade Poulin. NO ONE!

And unless it's a crazy good offer I'm not moving Legare either!

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I'd much rather get a good PMD. Our sh1t breakouts are far more to blame than our wingers.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Dumo-Letang
Vatanen-Marino
Gus-Riikola
Petts

That's a lot of puck moving ability.
Riikola's gaffe on Toronto's 3rd goal the other night pretty much sealed his fate in Pittsburgh me thinks. The coach has singled him out, and any mistake he makes is the worst mistake. Even if he gets another chance he's going to be playing too nervous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad