Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salad Cap Thread: I'll take my salad with extra salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well, Zajac is also a guy who has been a 1B center for a long, long time does well despite getting the toughest assignments on a bottom feeder for most of recent history. He is being played much like a second line C on the Devils in terms of ice time, and with special teams time and matching up against opponents best, I think that wouldn't change much even if Hischier was back.

In any case, if NJ would do it for less than a 2nd, the more reason to do it I suppose.
I'd just prefer if it was Petterson because of the cap-flexibility it'd provide, as well as re-aligning our cost structure a bit, being able to play a more cost-efficient player on the third pairing.

Actually I guess that's kinda true. His results have often looked more like 3rd liner territory, but that's probably the territory of taking hard match-ups on a shit team. But, well, that's the prediction.

In any case - we couldn't do it for just futures. We don't have the space. It'd have to involve Pettersson.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
If Flyers fall any further Laughton would be a killer piece for us.

Been a long time since the Hamhuis trade. Idk if they'd do it. Looking back at cap friendly and our trade history, we traded away picks that became Tyler Bertuzzi, Oliver Bjorkstrand, and K'Andre Miller, Sam Steel, Mathew Barzal. Obvioulsy, some of those moves worked out in hindsight (namely the Barzal trade which led to Hagelin later on), still cant help but wonder what if.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Weird because Rodrigues was a solid player for a shit Buffalo team and has relatively been solid for his price point for us.
Yea since his old buddy Eichel dragged Erod’s ass around the ice in Buffalo, and Erod has gotten points playing with our star players.

He somehow fools Sully into thinking he’s an every day player. Our head coach is incapable of analyzing analyzing NHL talent; apparently our GM is too.

I’m still waiting for all of those goals Sully said Erod would score.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yea since his old buddy Eichel dragged Erod’s ass around the ice in Buffalo, and Erod has gotten points playing with our star players.

He somehow fools Sully into thinking he’s an every day player. Our head coach is incapable of analyzing analyzing NHL talent; apparently our GM is too.

I’m still waiting for all of those goals Sully said Erod would score.

He's on a new line every couple weeks. I don't really get the hate, but I mean you had an agenda with him since day one.

He costs nothing. If he brings nothing that's fair value right?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don’t see the Rangers being a threat. They are 5-4-1 in their last ten.
Considering our injury situation I consider the Sabres a threat. Obviously not to make the playoffs but no games come easy for us. The Rags could get on a role. They recently got Panarin back so, gotta keep an eye on them.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Weird because Rodrigues was a solid player for a shit Buffalo team and has relatively been solid for his price point for us.

To each their own but I really just can’t wrap my head around picking the “E-Rod’s not that bad” hill to camp out on.

Dude is just like all the other past and present nothing players to play here.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
4C should 100% be the priority before fixing anything else, adding a legit 4C probably makes them a strong contender healthy

But as value options I’d be intrigued by Bobby Ryan or Gusev for the power play

Think the cost on Palmieri makes him way less attractive than folks around here think he is

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
To each their own but I really just can’t wrap my head around picking the “E-Rod’s not that bad” hill to camp out on.

Dude is just like all the other past and present nothing players to play here.

I mean, I said the same about Galchenyuk last year so I guess I just a soft spot for useless depth forwards that have some offensive flair.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
They're 4-2 in the last 6, with wins over Caps, Bruins, and Philly. Philly is falling apart. Long shot that Rangers catch Bruins or Pens, but they are playing a hell of a lot better recently. Breadman being back is huge, but goaltending remains a windshield splatter.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
They're 4-2 in the last 6, with wins over Caps, Bruins, and Philly. Philly is falling apart. Long shot that Rangers catch Bruins or Pens, but they are playing a hell of a lot better recently. Having Breadman back is huge.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
They're 4-2 in the last 6, with wins over Caps, Bruins, and Philly. Philly is falling apart. Long shot that Rangers catch Bruins or Pens, but they are playing a hell of a lot better recently. Breadman being back is huge, but goaltending remains a windshield splatter.

I'm not really sure beating Boston or Philly should be commended at this time. Beating the Caps deserves props, but the Rags have always been their kryptonite after us.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I'm not really sure beating Boston or Philly should be commended at this time. Beating the Caps deserves props, but the Rags have always been their kryptonite after us.
True, but more impressive than beating BUF or NJD though. You can only play who is on your schedule. Panarin coming back has been an obvious spark, as has Zibanejad finding his game, and Kreider looks fast and engaged. But they're still erratic, one or two years out from really making noice, I'd guess.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
10 games until the trade deadline!

4 Home/6 Road (last 6 games before deadline)

2 vs BUF, NYI, BOS, NYR and NJD

With the current injuries, a 6-4 record would be acceptable imo, basically sweep BUF and split each series. Hopefully the team gets reinforcements at some point.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
MB thread: Gusev + 3rd for Petts.

I'd do it. I like the Pens 3rd round selections - we're weak on picks - and Gusev comes off the books in the Summer so you'd be freeing up the LD jam, gaining a pick, and getting a potential top-6 guy for the final stretch. Gusev has been under-performing this year but has a higher upside than anything sitting in our bottom 6 right now.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

I'd do it. I like the Pens 3rd round selections - we're weak on picks - and Gusev comes off the books in the Summer so you'd be freeing up the LD jam, gaining a pick, and getting a potential top-6 guy for the final stretch. Gusev has been under-performing this year but has a higher upside than anything sitting in our bottom 6 right now.

I'd do it as well, unless Hex is getting calls on Petts and he can land something better in return!

Reactions: molon labe

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
10 games until the trade deadline!

4 Home/6 Road (last 6 games before deadline)

2 vs BUF, NYI, BOS, NYR and NJD

With the current injuries, a 6-4 record would be acceptable imo, basically sweep BUF and split each series. Hopefully the team gets reinforcements at some point.

Probably wishful thinking but 14pts would be nice out of a possible 20!!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Yeah, I think I'd do it as well.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I don’t like Gusev much but I’d do it. Gives flexibility.

Reactions: molon labe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad