Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Minnesota kind of botched his development within their program, coaches got overhauled, plus the writing was on the wall with Johnson and others coming in. Feel bad for the kid.

Can still play in the USHL I think, but kind of agree here. Really not a prospect anymore. Best case he emerges real late like Lafferty.

Ah so could he play USHL next year then go back to college? That would be best if it is possible. He's still pretty young so he could turn it around but it is certainly not promising.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal

Ah so could he play USHL next year then go back to college? That would be best if it is possible. He's still pretty young so he could turn it around but it is certainly not promising.
Or he could just leave for the WHL, play a year there and then sign an ELC next year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

He can still be given an AHL deal though, right?

Yep, think so. Honestly have no idea where would be best for him development wise, many one of the lower European leagues and then work his way back up?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man I realize they didn't have their first rounder and drafting is sort of a low priority to this team these days but that 2017 draft looks pretty suspect.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Man I realize they didn't have their first rounder and drafting is sort of a low priority to this team these days but that 2017 draft looks pretty suspect.

I still have hopes for Phillips, Drozg and Olund contributing to the roster at some point. Just sucks that we threw that 1st rounder out and wasted a pick on Lauzon when we could've had Kostin, Hague, Ratcliffe, etc. etc.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Is going somewhat sideways.

On the plus side, I had about as much hope for the 5th rounders (Drozg and Olund) as I did for the 2nd and 3rd, and nothing awful's happened to them yet :laugh:

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I still have hopes for Phillips, Drozg and Olund contributing to the roster at some point. Just sucks that we threw that 1st rounder out and wasted a pick on Lauzon when we could've had Kostin, Hague, Ratcliffe, etc. etc.

There was a rumor that Olund may go back to Brynas.
One of the Wilkes beat guys posted a Swedish article about it.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
If your bar is "he's not Connor Hall" man you need to raise your bar a lot higher than that for the bar to which you feel a player is worth hanging on to if they're above it.

Hall is trash, very few are that bad.
I mean it's an AHL deal, they've given AHL contracts to way worse players in the past. Even the Nailers need players.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Drozg Lord stepped up against stacked Huskies who went on to win the CAN junior Cup. The fact that he was a major part of Cats winning 2 against Evil Dogs who ended up proving they were the best CAN juniors proves that Drozg Lord can go Dragon Ball when it counts.

d0631e3f92c15e0d514970f3a7ab3b38.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Soon, all will have the hockey hard on I have for Kasper, when camp starts and his ascent into stardom is complete.

IF all works out as it should...Guentzel-Crosby-Bjorkqvist will dominate the league in a disgustingly awesome way.

Reactions: TheTang58

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Neither am I. I think Miletic is the player to watch out for this upcoming season.

I just remember him looking like a pinball out there in camp; so much energy, strong lad, and could play. Strong ppg for his first season too. I'm definitely thinking there could be something there.

Bjork... well, heard differing things about his skating. Guess we'll see next year.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
While I wouldn’t necessarily call it a strength or a major part of his game, Bjorkqvist is a plus skater. Especially for his size/strength/weight.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm really intrigued by Hallander and Addison - Hallander in particular. If he can get his skating together, I think he has the potential to be a really good top 9 forward for us.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm really intrigued by Hallander and Addison - Hallander in particular. If he can get his skating together, I think he has the potential to be a really good top 9 forward for us.

I was under the impression that Hallander's skating was pretty good.

Not from watching him myself, other than highlights.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I was under the impression that Hallander's skating was pretty good.

Not from watching him myself, other than highlights.

If you go back and read scouting reports about him, the reports are all over the place regarding his skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad