Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Langan is technically an overager, though there’s only a few months separating him and Almeida. Almeida’s at the same stage as Bellerive.

Obviously the big tell for both will be how their games translate to the pros next year.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens presently don;t have openings on top 6. maybe even top 9 with Bjugstad and McCann on board. Just not many high end talents in the system and I am Ok with second and 2 fourths for those florida players. But pens with lauzon, Hall gone and outside of a smaller RH shot in Addison, top defensive prospects are lacking.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Pens presently don;t have openings on top 6. maybe even top 9 with Bjugstad and McCann on board. Just not many high end talents in the system and I am Ok with second and 2 fourths for those florida players. But pens with lauzon, Hall gone and outside of a smaller RH shot in Addison, top defensive prospects are lacking.

Agree D is a major org weakness from NHL roster down through the system but still want them to go BPA in RD1 (if they keep it) imo. Just take the best prospect.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Prow may be someone that really helps. I just am not sure what to make of his size and massive leap in one year in his own end.

After him, ya it’s pretty bare until Addison comes down the pipe.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I have a hard time getting amped up about Almeida... he is in his D+2 season, he should be tearing up the league. Additionally, he is getting outscored by his teammate, the undrafted also-20 y/o Tristan Langan.

I just don't see an NHLer in his game. I imagine he'll get a couple games, but I don't think he'll stick. I'd love to be wrong, though, obviously.

He had a good year in what would have been his D+1 too. 10th in dub scoring.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have so many marginal sized LH shot D men and while you take the best ranked player when you pick, no question the farm is pretty bare in prospects that one can get excited about. GMJR has to get some picks back this year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Prow may be someone that really helps. I just am not sure what to make of his size and massive leap in one year in his own end.

After him, ya it’s pretty bare until Addison comes down the pipe.

Basically Prow, Almari, and Addison as of now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He will probably do whatever is best for his bank account at this point.

And if they were smart about it they would have called him up so he can get some PT here before heading into FA. But they like what they have for their top 6.

With Schultz out this whole time this was the perfect opportunity to see if Prow could do something. Been in WBS for 3 years like Blueger. Wouldnt want to see him walk without getting a chance.

When was the last time we had a defender score 15 goals so far in WBS?

This JJ signing has handicapped us. Riikola finally got his PT with Schultz going down. If Prow could come up and do well while barely being paid we could add another winger before the deadline. Or whatever they plan on doing, but gives us options.

If things start to go well for us and we go on a run and make the playoffs, JJ better be what Cole was for us.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Pens have so many marginal sized LH shot D men and while you take the best ranked player when you pick, no question the farm is pretty bare in prospects that one can get excited about. GMJR has to get some picks back this year.
sadly with this yr's draft not being very deep, this might not be the year to do that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You know your D prospects are total garbage when you’re worried about not calling up a 26 year old that spent time in Wheeling just a year ago.

Reactions: Nakawick

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Don’t know much about him. Is he on his over age season?

Think I recall when he was drafted that he could play in the A by next season if memory serves me right.

Turned 20 a couple of days ago. So yeah, he's AHL eligible this September, though I suppose the Pens could send him back for his overage season if they don't think he's ready/don't have room for him in WBS.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Athletic -- While his skating stood out as his main strength, his size prevented him from finding scoring areas with regularity.

This season, Almeida struck me as having one important trait shared with current Penguins forward Jake Guentzel: they both know how to exploit the open space of the ice.

Almeida’s attack was particularly intriguing to watch this season. It was a combination of speed and stealth. He found ways to generate scoring by exploiting the open areas of the ice. If those areas didn’t exist, Almeida created them himself with some stealthy moves away from the puck that got him into open areas or created them via his movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad