Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Who are your top 5 prospects?

1. Hallander. Just crazy high on that kid.
2. Addison.
Gap
3. Bjorkqvist
4. Almeida
5. Bellerive

#3-5 is basically the same to me, just the order I prefer those guys in. Bjorkqvist definitely doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as #4 and #5 but I think he’s a really “safe” bet to make the league in some fashion, and do it soon.

I totally get if Addison is most peoples #1; he’s got lottery level ability. Elite toolbox. But personally I love Hallander as a prospect.

Also love that despite a historic pace this year, he continues to fly under the radar, especially on the main prospect boards. Want it to stay that way.

Reactions: rickardr

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Almeida and Bjorkqvist have jumped Bellerive for me if I were to rank our prospects.

I dunno man. The progression is more pleasing but Bellerive, imo, is probably still a high ceiling high floor guy. Almeida lacks the floor, I think Bjorkqvist lacks the ceiling. I think I'd still have Bellerive ahead.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Addison has the skills and my hope he has a visit with that German Doctor who has the HGH to grow 2 inches and add 15 pounds.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Addison has the skills and my hope he has a visit with that German Doctor who has the HGH to grow 2 inches and add 15 pounds.
he doesn't need any doctor. just start eating dinner at "mia madre trattoria" and lunches at "fat heads" I put on 3 inches and 2o lbs in a week and I wasn't even trying.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I dunno man. The progression is more pleasing but Bellerive, imo, is probably still a high ceiling high floor guy. Almeida lacks the floor, I think Bjorkqvist lacks the ceiling. I think I'd still have Bellerive ahead.

I’m less convinced Bellerive’s floor is much higher than Almeida’s over the course of this season.

They’re all really close. On the same tier imo. I just prefer Bjorkqvist right now because I think he’s the safest bet out of the 3 to contribute to the big club.

Five intriguing NCAA free agents

Heres a list of some good College FAs. Hopefully we can sign a good D and maybe Goalie.

Hirose is NASTY. Would love to sign him.

Tyson Barrie is my hope for Addison's absolute upside.

Agreed.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’m less convinced Bellerive’s floor is much higher than Almeida’s over the course of this season.

They’re all really close. On the same tier imo. I just prefer Bjorkqvist right now because I think he’s the safest bet out of the 3 to contribute to the big club.

If Bellerive's offence doesn't carry far enough to make him an NHLer on those grounds alone, Bellerive is a thick bodied penalty killer with significant leadership experience who is willing to agitate and is known as a feisty competitor.

If Almeida's offence doesn't carry far enough, he's a bantamweight with none of that history of important mental attributes. Does kill penalties though to be fair.

I can see Bellerive having Scott Wilson's career in the NHL if it doesn't go fully to plan. I can't see Almeida having that.

And that's why I have Bellerive as possessing a higher floor.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If Bellerive's offence doesn't carry far enough to make him an NHLer on those grounds alone, Bellerive is a thick bodied penalty killer with significant leadership experience who is willing to agitate and is known as a feisty competitor.

If Almeida's offence doesn't carry far enough, he's a bantamweight with none of that history of important mental attributes. Does kill penalties though to be fair.

I can see Bellerive having Scott Wilson's career in the NHL if it doesn't go fully to plan. I can't see Almeida having that.

And that's why I have Bellerive as possessing a higher floor.

That’s fair. Mainly I like Almeida’s skating as it pertains to his floor. He’s a good checker too, wins battles and pressures the puck well.

Bellerive is a bit safer but not by much I think. Still though, imo both guys have AHL level floors worst case. Could see both of them never making the league full time.

I think Almeida probably has more talent so I slightly prefer him. But again it’s like splitting hairs, they’re pretty comparable.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Almeida's starting to catch my attention in terms of potential upside, but I'm skeptical about getting too excited since other than Guentzel our "high skilled" prospects seem to never pan out.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Almeida's starting to catch my attention in terms of potential upside, but I'm skeptical about getting too excited since other than Guentzel our "high skilled" prospects seem to never pan out.

Don’t know much about him. Is he on his over age season?

Think I recall when he was drafted that he could play in the A by next season if memory serves me right.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Don’t know much about him. Is he on his over age season?

Think I recall when he was drafted that he could play in the A by next season if memory serves me right.

He was drafted a year overage so yeah, its the A next season if they want.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I have a hard time getting amped up about Almeida... he is in his D+2 season, he should be tearing up the league. Additionally, he is getting outscored by his teammate, the undrafted also-20 y/o Tristan Langan.

I just don't see an NHLer in his game. I imagine he'll get a couple games, but I don't think he'll stick. I'd love to be wrong, though, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad