Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara was eliminated tonight, Miletic can join WB/S now.

Might be a while for Bellerive, they’re up 3-1 in their series.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Linus Olund scored for the 2nd straight exhibition game for Sweden.

Im pretty sure he will soon be cut from the team anyway when NHL players starting to arrive.

I read hes leaving his SHL team Brynas, but i havent seen any confirmation as to where he will play next season. Would think WBS, but you never know. Maybe hes going to another team in Sweden.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We are really gonna have a logjam at forward with all of these guys. And not really any spots in the lineup right now for the guys who are ready...to step in.

Expecting some trades this offseason and beyond..for dmen.

Reactions: EightyOne

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Guentzel, Sprong, and Bellerive. Some higher end talent to go along with Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, and Hornqvist?

Would be nice going forward. The older the 3 stars get the more we need to surround them with better talent. Guys like Rust and Hagelin have been solid for us, but we would need players that are a tier above.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
We are really gonna have a logjam at forward with all of these guys. And not really any spots in the lineup right now for the guys who are ready...to step in.

Good draft for defensemen... Even later. Hope the Pens are scouting Minnesota.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sprong's totals for his age in the AHL are no joke. Can't wait to see what he does on the big club next year.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
In always for BPA. But i wouldnt be opposed to go a bit heavier on older players in this draft.
A player born 2000 is a long shot of making an impact before out core is in the decline.

I havent spent too much time researching the draft yet. But an under the radar guy seems to be Logan Hutsko.
Born 99 and led Boston college in points as a freshman - 31 points in 38 games. He even outscored mittlestadt who had 30 points, Hutsko is also 3 months younger. And while points is not everything, 31 points as a freshman is no joke.

He only played 11 games in his draft season, so no suprise he didnt get drafted last draft.

Im sure there is a lot more 98 and 99 born we could take a chance on.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Friedman mentioned some guys NHL teams are looking at in the World Championships coming up:

Alexander Yelesin(RUS) - D(right handed)
22 yrs old
Nothing not worthy numbers wise but a smaller/swift skating D-Man that doesn't mind the rough stuff.

Joel Persson(SWE) - D(right handed)
24 yrs old
Another smaller/speedier but offensive D-man.

Par Lindholm(SWE) - C(left handed)
26 yrs old
Almost a point per game with Skelleftea this season.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017

-We have a number of guys that are going to be restricted free agents

-Rust, Sheahan, Simon and the next year Brassard and Jake the following. Cap increase helps but going to have to make decisions. I want to keep this Center core the most with Jake. Rust is a playoff performer too

-The defense needs a dose of speed but what a difference in the playoffs when our forwards actually skate back and try instead of the regular season have the defense and goalie bail them out with odd man rushes and breakaways. Its no wonder our defense looks significantly better in the playoffs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
-We have a number of guys that are going to be restricted free agents

-Rust, Sheahan, Simon and the next year Brassard and Jake the following. Cap increase helps but going to have to make decisions. I want to keep this Center core the most with Jake. Rust is a playoff performer too

-The defense needs a dose of speed but what a difference in the playoffs when our forwards actually skate back and try instead of the regular season have the defense and goalie bail them out with odd man rushes and breakaways. Its no wonder our defense looks significantly better in the playoffs.

Yeah those are the main RFAs, but we have a lot more as well. Wont cost much to re-sign the other guys(some down in AHL).

Guentzel is earning himself a nice contract..curious to see what they do with that. A bridge deal or longer term.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sheary's RFA status has been and gone - next contract is in two years as a UFA.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In case you're not quite hyped enough about our forward situation from here on out, I was talking to a poster who had watched Bellerive play about a dozen times this year over on the prospects board, comparing his production/potential with Cody Glass, and he said his game reminds him of a "grittier Guentzel".

If you asked me to describe the ideal wing I'd like to have in the pipeline, it'd probably look a lot like a grittier Guentzel.

Reactions: vabm8 and Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad