Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I wonder if the purpose of the original tweet was to shock or confirm what everyone already knew about the Isles' front office.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Guy’s an enforcer isn’t he? That’s not really something quantifiable even in advanced stats. And with Sprong it’s not even comparing apples to oranges, more like apples to lumber.

Enforcers don’t contribute much, but good ones are rare, and therefore worth money & term (to some).

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I wonder if the purpose of the original tweet was to shock or confirm what everyone already knew about the Isles' front office.
His two tweets are not related. He simply replies to his own previous tweet every time a follower makes a player's stats request. Before Johnston it was Kostin.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wonder why Bellerive wasn't even listed among the Pens' Top 10 prospects in this year's The Hockey News yearbook.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
1-Sprong
2-Jarry
3-Addison
4-Hallander
5-Bengtsson (didn't he go back to Europe?)
6-ZAR
7-Johnson
8-Blueger
9-Almari
10-Bjorkqvist

Yes, yes he did. I don't think we retained his rights either. What a very dumb list indeed.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Wasnt drafted...forgot to even put him in the top prospect rankings...

Bellerive with a chip on his shoulder becomes a top 6... 60 point player

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Almari, Palojarvi and Hallander will all be playing in Europe this year.

Didn't know that. Guess I just assumed that after he came over for a few WBS games late last year that he was here for good. Ah well, there's a bit of a logjam here so he's probably best served playing in Finland this season anyway.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Didn't know that. Guess I just assumed that after he came over for a few WBS games late last year that he was here for good. Ah well, there's a bit of a logjam here so he's probably best served playing in Finland this season anyway.

I think a lot of us did, and it wasn't confirmed until fairly late on that he was staying another year (and then quietly).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sprong has the best shot of all our prospects, but Bellerive's timing is incredible. He's always keep goalies guessing as to when he'll shoot, which is such an underrated factor for goal-scoring. This vid has me pumped about what he'll do this year and beyond:

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Sprong has the best shot of all our prospects, but Bellerive's timing is incredible. He's always keep goalies guessing as to when he'll shoot, which is such an underrated factor for goal-scoring. This vid has me pumped about what he'll do this year and beyond:

Woah precise too, combined with that timing factor you mentioned that makes his shot dangerous. No reason that combo shouldn't work at NHL lvl except he'll probably have less time to play the guessing game, sometimes at least. I'm calling this 'The Ninja Shot'.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
A week to the prospect tourney. Finally. We should be seeing a roster soon.

Sept. 7
Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.
Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Sept. 8
New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.
Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Sept. 10
Boston vs. New Jersey, 9:30 a.m.
Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.

It wouldn't hurt to start nagging the Pens social media accounts about streaming the games. :naughty:

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad