Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Hopefully he'll put up a PPG season and then we sign him.
17-18 = 23 points (16 goals, seven assists) in 40 games so it's possible since he said:
he would like to improve his skating and play making
Still would be a big leap though but since he already progressed from that 9pts in 30gp 16-17 season to 23pts/40gp, who knows what happens if his play making develops?

Cool thing he's already ripped and disciplined, as a captain next season that will have a good influence on his Providence team.

That leadership he's learning might come in handy down the road.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
All but 1 of the guys that were ahead of him in points on Providence are returning so I'm not sure if he's going to be playing a much bigger offensive role than he did last season.

He is a tank though. Really broad upper body.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That's an exciting article. Need more jacked dudes like Horny. Hope he can build on his skating and playmaking ability. I'd be happy with a 3rd line utility player from him, but more would be neat.

I feel optimistic that out of ZAR, Bjorkqvist and Hallander, one of our high energy smashmouth forward prospects will hit very close to their ceiling and be that more than 3rd line utility player.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I feel optimistic that out of ZAR, Bjorkqvist and Hallander, one of our high energy smashmouth forward prospects will hit very close to their ceiling and be that more than 3rd line utility player.

Yup. It's gonna be extremely difficult if they can't skate though. Improving there has to be their #1 priority.

Horny's one of the rare wingers who's managed to thrive in the new NHL despite his skating, and he has borderline superhuman will and ability to take a beating in the tough areas without retaliating. It's not gonna get any easier for plodders to establish themselves as the league gets faster and faster, regardless of how much muscle they put on.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yup. It's gonna be extremely difficult if they can't skate though. Improving there has to be their #1 priority.

Horny's one of the rare wingers who's managed to thrive in the new NHL despite his skating, and he has borderline superhuman will and ability to take a beating in the tough areas without retaliating. It's not gonna get any easier for plodders to establish themselves as the league gets faster and faster, regardless of how much muscle they put on.

Which is why I've got my highest hopes in Hallander, who seems to be the best skater of the three already going by reputation.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
A beautiful pass by Addison on Canada third goal against Finland at the world jr showcase tonight.

Assists on the OT winner as well.
Only caught the 3rd/OT but alot to like about Addison.
Great with the puck on his stick/good first pass.
I actually think he has better offensive tools than Dobson who relies on his size/booming shot more.
Theres alot of Ellis in his game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Taking in CAN/USA today.
Addison after an unsuccessful pinch on his first shift that led to a goal against has been great.
Started a rush that resulted in a goal with a slick pass in his own end just as he was about to get blown up by a hit.

Was 5-1 now 5-3 CAN.
Last shift he knocked down a USA F in the D corner and hounded him with the ref yelling "easy Cale!!!" so the kid has a little snarl in him too.
I think Calen is +3 or so.

One more period to go.

Really ALOT to like about this kid. He dwarfs Letang in hockey IQ.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The other D-Men playing for CAN really aren't all that bright. Bad passes/penalties. 6-5 now.

Calen with a solid play late to get a body on the rushing USA F.

ETA: Weird ending. 6-5 goalie pulled 1.6 secs left. Linesman never actually dropped the puck and a big scrum ensues. They simply end/call the game. lol

Calen with the GW'er.

Last edited:

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
My annual review of Pittsburgh's OHL prospects...aka Sam Miletic.

OHL Prospects: 31 Teams in 31 Days - Pittsburgh Penguins
Cool stuff, i like the way WBS is strong enough to make Miletic earn his stripes again, something makes me think he'll rise to the challenge and that he thrives on that, just a feeling. Oh and at least a couple of those WBS guys should push for NHL ice time just by trying to get on top of that ''stacked'' (quoting you and i agree) team.

Not just to replace an injured NHLer but actually making him a healthy scratch for a least a little while.

Things are looking good imho.

Will probably take a year for Miletic to adjust to AHL though, i mean, unless he goes all in for ice time. Just hope he isn't just used as a checker as his creativity needs to be cultivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad