Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
1+2 and 1st star for Sprong today.

Pretty much back on track.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
His one timer on PP1/2 will be fun to have in the arsenal.

image.jpg

9 points in his last 3 games. That's better.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Letang is going to enjoy limiting that.

Potential 2nd PP unit next year could wreak some havoc:

Sprong (left boards)
Guentzel (right boards/down low)
Sheary (down low/right boards)
Sundqvist (net front)
Schultz (point)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Sprong (left boards)
Sundqvist (net front)
Schultz (point)

To make up for Letang on PP1? :laugh: I wouldn't be surprised of Letang and Schultz ended up competing for PP1 time next season or if pp2 had two defensemen.

I think we'll see Sprong start in the AHL next season until he forces their hand and whoever the 3C is on pp2. If they're all in the NHL next season then I think we'll see a forward on that list be the odd man out when the team is healthy. In any event they should be sending some serious talent out for the entire PP.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
To make up for Letang on PP1? :laugh: I wouldn't be surprised of Letang and Schultz ended up competing for PP1 time next season or if pp2 had two defensemen.

I think we'll see Sprong start in the AHL next season until he forces their hand and whoever the 3C is on pp2. If they're all in the NHL next season then I think we'll see a forward on that list be the odd man out when the team is healthy. In any event they should be sending some serious talent out for the entire PP.

If LV takes a guy like Rust then he has a shot out of camp, will have to earn it though. AHL seems more likely.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I think so too. He'll probably be brought along like Guentzel.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Sprong (left boards)
Sundqvist (net front)
Schultz (point)

Dang. I can't wait to see something like that, whenever it happens.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sprong is now on a basically equivalent pace to last year after a slow start, that's impressive considering he missed like 6 months due to shoulder surgery. It looks like he has shaken off the rust at this point.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think so too. He'll probably be brought along like Guentzel.

yeah, I expect him to have a similar experience to Guentzel. Iirc Sheary also went through something similar last season. We'll see Sprong start in the AHL, get a call up for one reason or another, get sent back down and then get called up again for hopefully the final time. If Sprong performs the way he should, but I think the AHL will be good for him and he'll do his part.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
^Very fun. Thx for posting. Angello's 2nd goal was beastly. Using his size/speed.
Kid is 6'5!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Angello needs to polish up that speed but man that kid is massive. He was a long shot pick and still is to an extent but I really hope this kid develops well.

The last big man we had in the system dropped the N bomb and looked like Mario's love child, we can do better.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Didn't know where to post this but this seems like the best thread.
Good article about the CHL court case where the plaintiffs argue jr. players should be paid a wage.

Teams hiding their financials was pretty expected but the amount of $ the NHL gives the CHL was really surprising.

http://www.tsn.ca/new-court-filings-take-aim-at-chl-clubs-financials-1.667220

It's no wonder why they have that stupid CHL Transfer agreement(ie. the one where Sprong can't play in the AHL till 20).
They should just amend it to pay CHL teams $ whether a prospect plays in the NHL OR THE AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad