Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
How long do draft rights last for a team?

Two years for players in major junior or Europe, and until graduation for NCAA prospects. If we don't sign Lindo by June he'll re-enter the draft. Although with his lack of production NHL teams won't exactly be tripping over themselves to get him.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Guentzel is puting up pretty big numbers this season. Had a hand in all 4 goals yesterday in a 4-3 OT win 1 goal and 3 assists. Takes his season totals to: 11+20=31 pts in 20 games. Good for 7th in the whole NCAA. 3 guys ahead of him have played 3 more games as well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
http://theqmjhl.ca/video/jan-15-islanders-7-sea-dogs-8-overtime/

Sprong had a PP goal and an assist in an 8-7 OT loss to Saint John last night.

I noticed Matt Murphy, the kid D-Man some here wanted to sign when he played for the Pens in the rookie tourney is playing for SJ now after being dealt from Quebec.

He had 1G and 2A in this one.

Murphy seems to be having a good overage season. He had 30 points last year and already has 32 this year. With our (sudden) lack of D prospects and a lot of holes to fill in the AHL I think they'll sign him to an ELC.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sprong had a bit of a lull but seems back on track. 1+2 today in a 6-0 win. The trade deadline's over so it looks like Charlottetown is all in, but I don't think they'll go far so he'll be in WBS before the playoffs.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Murphy seems to be having a good overage season. He had 30 points last year and already has 32 this year. With our (sudden) lack of D prospects and a lot of holes to fill in the AHL I think they'll sign him to an ELC.
Miles Liberati is too. He's probably only AHL-deal stuff, but still.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sprong assists on the OT winner over Saint John 5-4 Final last night.

fc737adc8dc51767496de95c29281cf6.png

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Probably would en up with around 100 pts over a full season. But lets not pretend thats a huge acomplisment. He had 88 last year and you should expect more than that being a year older and all.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Probably would en up with around 100 pts over a full season. But lets not pretend thats a huge acomplisment. He had 88 last year and you should expect more than that being a year older and all.

He's fine. It's never easy to spend significant time in the NHL (including press box stints), and then be sent back to junior virtually at the mid-season mark.

Let's not look for warts where there are none.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

The scoring pace of other drafted guys on the team is actually down from their totals last year. I think their new coach might be having a slight MJ effect.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, he's RW.
They have a bunch of LW's so it doesn't make sense to make him play his off wing there.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Sprong's production didn't improve that much but his +/- did on a bad team. He was told to work on his D by Pens, i think he said it himself too, well it seems to be working out.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope he continues to fill out his frame as well and get stronger. To last on the Pens he'll need to.

Also, being selfish with shooting, last thing we need is another winger that is a shooter that comes to the Pens and suddenly thinks he has to pass the puck every time there is a scoring opportunity and he has a good chance but force passes it to Geno or Sid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly, if all he does the rest of his time there is basically use it as a training camp for next year or the AHL this year, I am ok with it. Points are whatever, but if he goes and adds some muscle, some nastiness to his game, works on his shot more, also playing both wings, trying out different spots on the powerplay to be adept at both sides, slot, and the point...I'd rather he did that.

I'm sure his coach wouldn't like it though, lol.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Honestly, if all he does the rest of his time there is basically use it as a training camp for next year or the AHL this year, I am ok with it. Points are whatever, but if he goes and adds some muscle, some nastiness to his game, works on his shot more, also playing both wings, trying out different spots on the powerplay to be adept at both sides, slot, and the point...I'd rather he did that.

I'm sure his coach wouldn't like it though, lol.
Well, i'm sure he doesn't mind if Sprong works on his D but as far as positioning choices goes...

???

Coach could actually understand an individual's priorities in a clear losing cause as far as team making PO goes so who knows.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be concerned about his NHL prospects if he goes down to the Q and doesn't put up points.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This is the Q we're talking about...I want him working on his game so he can be a full-time NHLer come October first, second, and third...but if he can't do that while putting up at least a PPG in the Q then we have troubles.

On a different note...holy **** is Baie-Comeau bad this year. 92 goals in 45 Q games is like a NHL team having 50 in that time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad