Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe
It is 2016 and Kapanen still marked above as prospect? Maybe switch it with Sprong or Murray?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That Casey DeSmith case/story is unfortunate. Actually, it pissed me off.

Unfortunately it happens and it's the extreme one way or the other. Either the athlete gets the benefit of the doubt and the victim is prosecuted or the other way around.

Good to see him bounce back though.

And Zlobin? Man..I had high hopes for the guy, hope he can get on a streak.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Nifty goal, how did he look in the tournament? I remember him having an awful tournament last year.

Wasn't a megastar, but wasn't anywhere near as bad as last year.

This tourney was all about Laine, Puljujarvi and Matthews.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone remember the name of the undrafted kid from the USNTDP that was at the summer prospect/rookie thing? I found the roster on the Penguins website but he's not on it I think because he was a late addition.

Jul 4, 2010
Does anyone remember the name of the undrafted kid from the USNTDP that was at the summer prospect/rookie thing? I found the roster on the Penguins website but he's not on it I think because he was a late addition.

I believe it was Mike Floodstrand

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
First I have heard of Casey DeSmith and his ordeal.

Another scapegoat for the biased media.

Is he now a prospect for us or did he just sign a 1 yr contract with Wheeling exclusively?

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Jake Guentzel recorded his eighth multi-point game of the season yesterday, scoring 1 goal and 3 assists in Omaha's 4-3 OT win at North Dakota. He's well on his way to new career highs with 31 points in 20 games so far.

Unfortunately he's our only outstanding college prospect this season. The only other kid doing well is Anthony Angello, our 6'5" freshman forward at Cornell: 8-6-14, 12 PIM and a +11 in 16 games.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Hey guys, wanted to give you an update on Jaden Lindo:

After a great start to the season where it looked like he'd be breaking out as a solid OHL contributor, he's been ice cold. Sure, the Attack have been incredibly mediocre and offensively anemic this season, but guys are still scoring... except Lindo.

Two points in his last ten games and has been a non-factor offensively for the better part of a few months. I really want to see the kid succeed, but at this point he simply hasn't shown enough for the Pens to sign him.

About the only scenario where I see the Pens giving him a contract is if they see his physical attributes being something they can develop like Marcantuoni or something.

He's still a guy to look out for next season, and if he rebounds he could be a decent option as a free agent signing, but it's not looking good for him. At least for Owen Sound, he'd make a decent overager.

blazinblair

Jun 19, 2015
Hey guys, wanted to give you an update on Jaden Lindo:

After a great start to the season where it looked like he'd be breaking out as a solid OHL contributor, he's been ice cold. Sure, the Attack have been incredibly mediocre and offensively anemic this season, but guys are still scoring... except Lindo.

Two points in his last ten games and has been a non-factor offensively for the better part of a few months. I really want to see the kid succeed, but at this point he simply hasn't shown enough for the Pens to sign him.

About the only scenario where I see the Pens giving him a contract is if they see his physical attributes being something they can develop like Marcantuoni or something.

He's still a guy to look out for next season, and if he rebounds he could be a decent option as a free agent signing, but it's not looking good for him. At least for Owen Sound, he'd make a decent overager.

I was wondering about Lindo. That's not exactly what I wanted to hear but everyone knew this was a huge possibility when he was drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad