Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Jake Guentzel and UNO are headed to the Frozen Four. Only Pens prospect still in it. They have a couple of undrafted players on that team that look pretty solid as well.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
How did Guentzel look tonight. UNO going to Frozen Four for first time.
Over the past 2 games, he was fair, set up some excellent chances that were not cashed in on, but was sloppy as well at times with some turnovers in the neutral zone.

His teammate, Justin Parizek, looks like he might be worth a camp invite at some point (granted this is based off just a few games I've seen this year, not a great sample size). Good size, looked fast on his skates and not a bad shot, either.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I, admittedly, haven't seen Sundqvist's play. I'm still pretty excited about the kid based on what people who have been watching him have said. I hope he continues to fill out and eventually develops into a monster for us. We could use more youth, size and snarl, especially on the cheap.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Aaaaaaand they lost 3-2 despite having a 15-4 shots advantage, Wheat Kings score 2 goals on 4 3rd period shots. Series is now 2-1 Wheat Kings.

Honestly, with the caliber of players they lost from last season, I am surprised they even got this far, even if Jarry is still around.

shaler79

May 7, 2013
Michigan
Over the past 2 games, he was fair, set up some excellent chances that were not cashed in on, but was sloppy as well at times with some turnovers in the neutral zone.

His teammate, Justin Parizek, looks like he might be worth a camp invite at some point (granted this is based off just a few games I've seen this year, not a great sample size). Good size, looked fast on his skates and not a bad shot, either.
Thanks for the update Husker

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kapanen(Kalpa) and Sundqvist(Skelleftea) both play this morning/today.

Could be Kapanen's last game in Liiga as they are down 2-3 in their series.

KalPa - Lukko starts @ 11:30amET
Linkoeping - Skeleftea @ 12:30pmET

You can watch them @ OnhockeyDOTtv.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Poor Linköping, they are just completely outmatched.

Skellefteå up 3-0 just over 10 minutes in.

Looking at the regular season stats I guess that isn't surprising. They were 18 points ahead of Linkoping and 14 ahead of 2nd place Frolunda.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And Kalpa is done in the Liiga playoffs. Losing 2-1 today and 4-2 in thier series.
Kapanen had a prime oppurtunity with the goalie pulled, faked a shot to drop a defender then he misfired on his attempted shot.

Sundqvist picks up another assist on Skelleftea's 6th goal. 6-1 now.

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
And Kalpa is done in the Liiga playoffs. Losing 2-1 today and 4-2 in thier series.
Kapanen had a prime oppurtunity with the goalie pulled, faked a shot to drop a defender then he misfired on his attempted shot.

Hopefully they give him a week off then add him to WBS. Skelleftea are now up 6-1, 2 assists to Sundqvist. He's playing on a line with former Islander prospect and bad boy Kirill Kabanov. Sundqvist is being used on the LW, averaging about 16 minutes a game.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully they give him a week off then add him to WBS. Skelleftea are now up 6-1, 2 assists to Sundqvist. He's playing on a line with former Islander prospect and bad boy Kirill Kabanov. Sundqvist is being used on the LW, averaging about 16 minutes a game.

Yep... WBS has 9 games left in the season. Hopefully he can get into at least a handful of those.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
has hynes ever had a similar forward in wbs to work with? bennett maybe?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
has hynes ever had a similar forward in wbs to work with? bennett maybe?

Bennett's the only comparable, though Bennett was older than Kapanen when he got to the AHL. Hopefully they get a talented AHL centre for Kapanen to play with next year.

Stockinette

May 18, 2014
Here is Skellefteås highlights. Who would have thought that a team could lose 8 of its top 11 point producers and crush the SHL like this? Won the regular season with a margin of 14 points. Is 6-0 with a +18 goal diff in the post season. I hope the Pens snooped around the front office when they scouted Sundqvist during the season.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Here is Skellefteås highlights. Who would have thought that a team could lose 8 of its top 11 point producers and crush the SHL like this? Won the regular season with a margin of 14 points. Is 6-0 with a +18 goal diff in the post season. I hope the Pens snooped around the front office when they scouted Sundqvist during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad