Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'll be interested in seeing how he does. Older all be it less talented late season additions like Wilson & Rust didn't get regular spots in the AHL down the stretch, but Kapanen might be an exception.

If he plays he'd probably be one of the youngest guys to ever suit up for the baby Pens.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'll be interested in seeing how he does. Older all be it less talented late season additions like Wilson & Rust didn't get regular spots in the AHL down the stretch, but Kapanen might be an exception.

If he plays he'd probably be one of the youngest guys to ever suit up for the baby Pens.

Dude won't even be 19 until the season ends. That's what gives me hope that he'll turn a corner in the next year or two.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Dude won't even be 19 until the season ends. That's what gives me hope that he'll turn a corner in the next year or two.

Yea, i really think John Hynes and the crew down in WBS can do him alot of good. Starting now and for a year or 2. Really hoping it's a good match and the kid just gets better and better.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hope for his sake he loves the center drive and crashing the net. Lord knows MJ doesn't want anyone to use any hockey skills to actually create a shot on goal. He will learn the correct play is to not use any speed, pull up and pass it across the ice to Scuderi for the open 35 footer.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What will happen when Jarry's season is done? series is 3-1 for Wheat Kings. Will he backup Murray for the playoffs?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What will happen when Jarry's season is done? series is 3-1 for Wheat Kings. Will he backup Murray for the playoffs?

I'd like him to go to Wheeling and get as many games as possible with Hartzell there (A guy he can easily usurp I am sure, if he gets enough games). I don't see there being any room in WBS right now with Murray being #1 and Zatkoff riding the pine as his back-up.

It would make more sense to add Jarry to the Wheeling team, then if they are out, he's the WBS' "Black Ace."

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hope for his sake he loves the center drive and crashing the net. Lord knows MJ doesn't want anyone to use any hockey skills to actually create a shot on goal. He will learn the correct play is to not use any speed, pull up and pass it across the ice to Scuderi for the open 35 footer.

Just because he did that to Beau Bennett doesn't mean he will do it to anyone else. And to be perfectly honest, I think Beau needed to develop that part of his game more anyway, he's got the flash/skill but he lacked everywhere else, he's had a rough year with his knees, but he's still trying to play through it, that shows determination and perseverance, he's determined as hell to keep playing no matter what which is a good thing for his confidence in regards to his health.

In any case, does he do that to Perron? No. Hornqvist is different, he's a beast.

I think Kapanen could use that part of his game too, kid has a ton of skill, but he needs to work just as hard away from the puck (from what I hear, he's not bad at it, if anything he needs to learn to create more opportunities offensively for himself).

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
At least one of our more hidden prospects have produced on a decent rate the second half of the season.

Anthony Angello.
I remember a few months ago i checked up on him, and then he was looking like he would barely match last seasons Point total of 21 in 58 games.

But now he has 34 Points in 53 games played.
Not that 34 Points in the USHL is anything great. But at least its better than what pace he were scoring at in the start of the season.

He also looked good the game i saw him in the WJAC-19 tournament.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least one of our more hidden prospects have produced on a decent rate the second half of the season.

Anthony Angello.
I remember a few months ago i checked up on him, and then he was looking like he would barely match last seasons Point total of 21 in 58 games.

But now he has 34 Points in 53 games played.
Not that 34 Points in the USHL is anything great. But at least its better than what pace he were scoring at in the start of the season.

He also looked good the game i saw him in the WJAC-19 tournament.

Is he the one heading over to Michigan next year?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd like him to go to Wheeling and get as many games as possible with Hartzell there (A guy he can easily usurp I am sure, if he gets enough games). I don't see there being any room in WBS right now with Murray being #1 and Zatkoff riding the pine as his back-up.

It would make more sense to add Jarry to the Wheeling team, then if they are out, he's the WBS' "Black Ace."

I'm fine with that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when there was high praise from upper management about Payerl? They sure are good at evaluating talent. :laugh:

He almost made the 4th line one year, he had the spot all but guaranteed at one point, it's crazy how far he fell after that. He could have been the cheap option of a Clifford/King type for the 4th line, he's massive, skates fairly well and can play a sound 2-way game for 5-10mins a night as a 4th liner.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
To be fair, Payerl looked really good his rookie year. I'm not sure if it's due to the injuries he's had or not, but he hasn't been close to the same player this year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He almost made the 4th line one year, he had the spot all but guaranteed at one point, it's crazy how far he fell after that. He could have been the cheap option of a Clifford/King type for the 4th line, he's massive, skates fairly well and can play a sound 2-way game for 5-10mins a night as a 4th liner.

I think they were just pumping his tires, even for a 4th liner his skill level would be low.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have faith in how well Hynes and Nas do their job...just not in the scouts.

I feel like the scouts don't do a good enough job of covering all the leagues and opportunities, maybe the team needs to expand their scouting staff with better people...more euro scouts wouldn't hurt as well as CHL ones.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
They seemed to pick guys who fit a mold, don't have a particular standout quality. Average size, average skill, responsible.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They seemed to pick guys who fit a mold, don't have a particular standout quality. Average size, average skill, responsible.

Yeah, I get the sense that they pick the guys that have the qualities that at worst, will let them carve out a Craig Adams type of career, a scary thought when you consider for most of these prospects that have been picked, it's also a best case scenario.

I wish the Pens got Nill instead of the Stars, he got to cultivate some of the staff in Detroit that he felt were going to help him develop the Stars and scout for hidden gems.

Instead we have JR and 3 stooges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad