Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yager is 2 years away and Sid may or may not be here after 2 years. His goal is to play in the 2026 Olympics.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We’re greasing some palms at the CHL to let Yager go to the AHL next year. Full-time NHLer by 25-26.

Ilyin and whoever we draft in the 1st this year arrives then too.
We don't have a 1st unless the Canes get to the finals.

Jdodd

Jun 24, 2017
Is their a health update on Ponomarev?
Any word if Koivunen is coming over to play in Wilkes barre?

Thanks!

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Is their a health update on Ponomarev?
Any word if Koivunen is coming over to play in Wilkes barre?

Thanks!
I think I read he might be considered or maybe had hope or making team Finland for the WC?

So maybe he won't come to WBS as long as hope for WC is alive?

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
For context, I’ve been a fan of this kid since his minor hockey days. But I think that with his elite shot and ability to get it off from anywhere a fraction of a second after receiving the puck, and his intensity on the forecheck and around the net, he could hit Guentzel numbers of 35-35 with Crosby a couple years from now if 87 doesn’t fall off a cliff.
Guentzel numbers are 40-40 if not more and there is no one within our ranks that will do those kind of numbers. Guys like him are not easy to find.

Reactions: dueling mullets

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
MJ wins 5-2, goes up 3-1 on Pickering and co so he should hit WBS soon

Yager with a tuck and 3 points. Goal was pretty sick.

On record as not being his biggest fan but it would be so huge if they hit on this pick and he’s a player.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Need about 8 more years of seasoning in WBS and then he should be ready for 5 mins a night playing with Harkins and Nieto.

I hate posts like this. Contributes less than zero to the prospects conversation. Stuff like this takes over and has become an absolute detriment to the board.

If it was actually funny I wouldn’t care but it’s literal grifter garbage.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
MJ wins 5-2, goes up 3-1 on Pickering and co so he should hit WBS soon

Yager with a tuck and 3 points. Goal was pretty sick.

On record as not being his biggest fan but it would be so huge if they hit on this pick and he’s a player.

he shot it from the middle of the ice, sully will fix him of that........

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I hate posts like this. Contributes less than zero to the prospects conversation. Stuff like this takes over and has become an absolute detriment to the board.

If it was actually funny I wouldn’t care but it’s literal grifter garbage.
You’re free to block me at any time.

Enjoy watching whatever crappy 34 year olds we fill the bottom 6 with next year as we enjoy another non-playoff year spinning tires on useless vets.

Reactions: farscape1

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
You’re free to block me at any time.

Enjoy watching whatever crappy 34 year olds we fill the bottom 6 with next year as we enjoy another non-playoff year spinning tires on useless vets.

That’s not my point. I don’t care if you said Yager sucked- not everything needs to be sunshine and rainbows— it’s just a stupid post that doesn’t add anything to the discussion. If you said “yo I’ve watched some games and Yager sucks and here’s why” I’d be pumped for insight.

I’m definitely venting here— because every thread is filled with the same low hanging grift; even if it comes in the form of “jokes”. They hijack discussion, like the clownshow in here a few pages back. If what you said was remotely funny or clever or less periodic I wouldn’t care but this place is such a joke with those types of comments lately your post happens to be the one I’m venting at.

Also- second part of your post makes absolutely zero sense. Your shot at me doesn’t even really fit with my original post but whatever.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Taylor Gauthier was named the ECHL Goaltender of the Year, an award voted on by ECHL coaches, broadcasters, media relations directors and media members.

Gauthier, an undrafted free agent signing out of the WHL's Portland Winterhawks in 2023, went 24-16-2 in 42 appearances with Wheeling, the second-most appearances by any goaltender in the league. He led all goaltenders with a .923 save percentage, was tied for the league lead with four shutouts, and finished second in goals-against average with 2.23. He allowed two or fewer goals in 23 of his 42 appearances. Throughout the season he was named the ECHL Goaltender of the Week four times, tied for the most in a single-season in league history.

Gauthier, 23, appeared in four AHL games this season. He went 1-2-1, with the win being a shutout. He recorded a 3.87 goals-against average and an .889 save percentage.

Joel Blomqvist was named a Second-Team All-Star in the AHL on Thursday, after being named to the All-Rookie Team on Wednesday. The 22-year-old netminder recorded a 25-11-6 record this season. His 25 wins lead all rookies, and is one shy of Marc-Andre Fleury's franchise record of 26 wins as a rookie. With two games remaining, Blomqvist will have the opportunity to tie Fleury's record this weekend.

Blomqvist also ranks third among all AHL goaltenders with a 2.14 goals against average and ranks fifth with a .921 save percentage.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas wants to see WB goalie in playoffs. My guess is he is the goalie they want to develop. Jarry will be back and Dubas thinks he can be a good goalie and maybe the fact he sat down the stretch is a learning lesson. I really like Yager but he really needs to add size, strength and mature. I think he is two years away from being that number 2 center. Ponomerov, Poulin will compete for roster spot next year. Add in St Ivany, eventually Pickering who Dubas mentioned as potential roster players next year. I also think he needs seasoning in adding strength and weight. Graves has to play much better and Dubas thinks he will come in next year and be that LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad