Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Typical young players need to gain size, experience and probably 2 years away. But as Dubas adds prospects, they will be part of the next wave of young players here.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
With Karpat down 0-2 I wonder if we'll see Koivunen join WBS if/when they get bounced.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He’s using up a year of his ELC right now so it’d kind of be a waste not to bring him over.
At least for WBS. They made the playoffs and lord knows they could use the help.

WBS might be...okay...if the Pens don't make it and can send Poulin, DOC, and Puustinen down. Adding Pono and Koivunen to that...

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d bet on MJ, they seem to be the better team. And Yager didn’t even really get going in that 1st round.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
At least for WBS. They made the playoffs and lord knows they could use the help.

WBS might be...okay...if the Pens don't make it and can send Poulin, DOC, and Puustinen down. Adding Pono and Koivunen to that...

Can't see them sending DOC down, he's established as an NHLer now. Poulin and Puustinen definitely though.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
To be eligible for the AHL playoffs, a player has to have been on the AHL roster at the trade deadline (there seem to be some exceptions for prospects signed after that, but this is how it works for players already under contracts, at least).
Poulin was still in WB/S at the deadline, and the Pens sent Puustinen down to maintain his eligibility, but they did not send O'Connor down, so DOC is ineligible to play in the AHL playoffs.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Can't see them sending DOC down, he's established as an NHLer now. Poulin and Puustinen definitely though.
St. Ivany too.

Shea might have to clear waivers again? But with or without him that’s a strong team.

Reactions: wej20

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Can't send DOC down. Can only send down players who were on WBS' roster after the deadline. That's just Poulin, Puustinen, Shea and St. Ivany.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Cruz into the transfer portal. I wonder if he wasn’t getting the playing time he wanted?

His numbers this year do not look great but I lack the context of his situation.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
What’s the outlook with Broz? I see he was near a PPG in NCAA this season and increased his totals every year so far.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Cruz into the transfer portal. I wonder if he wasn’t getting the playing time he wanted?

His numbers this year do not look great but I lack the context of his situation.
Cruz was all conference this year and on the Badgers first line. Wisconsin had a new coach this year, Mike Hastings (Lucius would have been recruited by Granato). I assume the coaching change is what's driving this.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Some of these guys are transferring to their 3rd team in 3-4 years. Seems like a problem.

I can see if you’re a goalie and some walk-on steals the starting job, but they’re just hopping around to win championships.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad