Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | Where Have You Gone Joe Dziedzic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't graduate high school and look at me now, a respected poster on HFBoards.com

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Impressive start for Pouliot. 2g - 8a - 10pts in his first 11 games. I am still a bit skeptical he should play in Pittsburgh this year. I have only caught one of his games this fall, but it still looked like strength and especially leverage were issues. That could be related to the shoulder surgery, but given his issues in Juniors, I don't think so.

IMO it will take an AHL season and a summer of weight training for him to bring his defensive game up to NHL standards. Fortunately, we don't have room for him anyway.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
When I took it the test still had analogies in the verbal section and quantitative comparisons in the math section and writing was a seperate test.

Same here. These scores that go up to 2400 just look so weird to me.

I also hear that they no longer penalize wrong answers, for that matter, meaning that guessing if you don't know the answer can potentially improve your score with no drawbacks.

Man, I feel old now. If only because I feel a curmudgeonly "back in my day" type speech coming on... :laugh:

AlanMSaunders

Aug 25, 2005
Pittsburgh
Well there you go.

He's too dumb to get into Michigan friggin' Tech.

If you listen to the audio the coach says that it was a "technicality" and that he was getting a "raw deal" from the NCAA. I doubt that grades would fall under that characterization. My guess is that something wasn't submitted on time.

And as others have noted, Michigan Tech is not known as an easy school to get into.

penguins2946*

Westinghouse doesn't hire under-educated types. Don't sell yourself short.

Jacob works for Westinghouse? That's really cool, I'm doing nuclear engineering at Pitt with the intention to work for Westinghouse. Just thought that was interesting.

Oh wait, this is a prospect thread. Uh, Jarry plays tomorrow and Wednesday.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Reid McNeill's training with Gary Roberts and Pierre-Luc Leblond has been paying off. He stated how he wants to work on becoming a physical force with his big frame. Hopefully he can turn a solid bottom pairing defenseman like an Adam McQuaid. Impressive how well he has played thus far into his career. Never got drafted into the OHL. Made the London Knights on a try-out.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Leaf fan here.

Didn't know where to ask this but when do you guys think Pouliot will be called up?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Leaf fan here.

Didn't know where to ask this but when do you guys think Pouliot will be called up?

Depends who gets hurt in Pittsburgh, but he's probably behind Harrington at least... possibly Dumoulin also.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Depends who gets hurt in Pittsburgh, but he's probably behind Harrington at least... possibly Dumoulin also.

I'd say he's definitely behind both this year, unless it's something like a long-term injury to Letang...but even then...

Without a barrage of injuries I just don't see Pouliot playing this year. He may get a cup of tea for a game or two later on if a couple guys are hurt, but Harrington is above him as it stands and Dumoulin needs to get a look at some point.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The thing working in DP's favor is that the coach seems to be a big fan.

But yeah... probably kind of a long shot for even a cup of coffee, this year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The thing working in DP's favor is that the coach seems to be a big fan.

But yeah... probably kind of a long shot for even a cup of coffee, this year.

If we didn't have MJ, I wouldn't be interested in Sven in Calgary, there are some ties there too.

But yeah...I think the Depth chart depends on who gets hurt, if Letang and Ehrhoff go down, I would guess Harrington and DP are up, but if Scuderi and Bortuzzo go down, I would think Harrington + Dumoulin come up.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If we didn't have MJ, I wouldn't be interested in Sven in Calgary, there are some ties there too.

But yeah...I think the Depth chart depends on who gets hurt, if Letang and Ehrhoff go down, I would guess Harrington and DP are up, but if Scuderi and Bortuzzo go down, I would think Harrington + Dumoulin come up.

I'd do a Dumoulin for Baertschi swap, I doubt Flames fans would but his value is sinking line a stone.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Jarry is entering a slump at the worst time. I don't know when the u20 squad gets picked. But last year they only took 2 goalies to camp. I don't know if they're gonna do the same again this year, but he better hit a hot-streak soon.

penguins2946*

Jarry is entering a slump at the worst time. I don't know when the u20 squad gets picked. But last year they only took 2 goalies to camp. I don't know if they're gonna do the same again this year, but he better hit a hot-streak soon.

How is he entering a slump? He had 1 bad game...

Maybe his save% this month (.909) isn't as good as it was in last month (.917), but he has only played 6 games this month.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Count in the subway game he played as well. I don't remember exactly; but it was 3 goals on 17-18 shots I think :-(

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reid McNeill's training with Gary Roberts and Pierre-Luc Leblond has been paying off. He stated how he wants to work on becoming a physical force with his big frame. Hopefully he can turn a solid bottom pairing defenseman like an Adam McQuaid. Impressive how well he has played thus far into his career. Never got drafted into the OHL. Made the London Knights on a try-out.

It'd be awesome to see a McNeill & Bortuzzo pairing some day, bash brothers!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The camp invites are usually announced sometime during the second week in December. So there's still a good two or three weeks left to impress before any decisions are made.

Also, if he's one of the guys Hockey Canada has eyed as a lock to be invited, a bit of poor play won't kill his chances at getting an invite. It might hurt his chances of actually making the final roster if he continues to struggle at camp, but he'll likely get a benefit of the doubt-type invite.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
And Jarry's 1-game slump ended with a 30-save, .937% SV performance.

The subway series was pretty bad for both games by Comrie and Jarry, but I didn't watch the games so I can't really say much about which one could be chosen. (Both, in my opinion, with Fucale not getting the nod - but that is unrealistic, sadly).

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It was bound to be a trying season for Jarry after Reinhart and others moved on from their defense. He's playing really well considering.

I'd say he's one of the best battler netminders in juniors. Always looking to make the next save. Just watch last years Mem. Cup game. That goalie duel was awesome to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad