Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | Now With Multiple European Prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's a defenseman who plays a style of game we could use, that is for sure. The cupboards are just too full with defensive prospects though.

With the right GM, the defense shelf could have more room for prospects like him and the forward shelf end up a little more stocked with others used to fill that need.

I hope Botterill at least shops Seymour's rights or whatever, to a team that wants him, maybe get a later conditional pick out of it.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If someone wants him, they can sign him prior to the draft no? I don't think anyone is trading picks for longshot free agent prospects.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Some picks just seem pointless from the get-go and Seymour was one of them. Low upside, already passed through one draft, and doesn't even fill any kind of organizational need. You're better off taking a flyer on some boom-or-bust kid and looking for guy like Seymour as an undrafted FA.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Some picks just seem pointless from the get-go and Seymour was one of them. Low upside, already passed through one draft, and doesn't even fill any kind of organizational need. You're better off taking a flyer on some boom-or-bust kid and looking for guy like Seymour as an undrafted FA.

#TeamJacob4GM

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Seymour won't get us anything, he's a dime a dozen prospect. Had a decent overage season (he was drafted a year late) but is not a must-sign by any means. Some years ago Shero wanted to add more size and toughness to our D pipeline, so he drafted McNeill and Seymour, and got Ruopp in a trade. We simply have too many young defenders to spend three ELCs on guys with limited talent playing exactly the same style and role. McNeill and Ruopp turned pro first and make Seymour redundant. Maybe someone signs him to a minor league contract in the fall but I'm pretty sure no other NHL club will give him an ELC either.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, Seymour was always sort of a head scratcher of a pick. Nothing about him ever really stood out, other than his size.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey I just thought he'd at least be a decent depth guy at some point. But by all means, I have always been for the boom and bust types in the later rounds, but the Pens scouts suck as it has been documented in that Saad discussion.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The improvements that Sundqvist made from last year to this year were huge. His skating, discipline, and defensive game is much better than last year. If he stays with SAIK for another year and makes the same level of improvements to his game again he has a legit shot of being a 3C in the NHL.
I like his poise with the puck. I'm hoping he can be a Berglund type.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I really liked watching Sundqvist at the WJR's.
He was pretty much good at everything. Could put him out in all situations. Scored some timely goals as well.
Has good size too.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Win!!!

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com

Which reminds me of yet another issue that I have had with Ray Ray's drafting "plan". Agree 1000%

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Penguins Sign Forward Oskar Sundqvist to an Entry-Level Contract
3 year deal.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=721315&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins

I guess now people can relax a little, I just wonder if he's going to come over to WBS now or if he's going to stay in Sweden. He's very slender for a guy his size, he should come over and train with some of the guys like Kadar and maybe even attend Gary Roberts' camp to get some nutritional advice to bulk up, I am hoping he packs on muscle as well as adding some explosiveness to his stride.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wasn't sure where to put this, but Sid's little sister Taylor Crosby signed with Northeastern:

053014Crosby.jpg

http://bostonherald.com/sports/coll...4/05/sid_the_kid_s_sibling_commits_to_huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad