Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | Now With Multiple European Prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
It's going to be streamed as well. But what i'm wondering is everything going to be streamed or just the scrimmage??

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pretty weak group of invitees to this year's camp imo. Last year there were at least some players of class invited. We also ended up signing Dea in the end.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Pretty weak group of invitees to this year's camp imo. Last year there were at least some players of class invited. We also ended up signing Dea in the end.

Have u seen the invites play in order to make a definitive statement like that? Or are we just stat reflecting to form this opinion?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have not. But it feels there is a really low chance to sign any of them. I don't see skipping college (i think that's the rule) just to sign an elc with us as an option. CHL players can sign elc and just go back to juniors as normal, like Dea did.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
I have not. But it feels there is a really low chance to sign any of them. I don't see skipping college (i think that's the rule) just to sign an elc with us as an option. CHL players can sign elc and just go back to juniors as normal, like Dea did.

Gotta keep in mind we are competing with 29 other teams when it comes to bringing these kids in for a looksee. They may invite some others not on this list (who are currently attending another camp) to the prospect tourney too

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
In looking at the list of forwards, not to many players with size. Thanks Ray. But how many openings are there anyway? I am not as up on the talent level of many of these players but clearly trading draft picks, injuries and lack of depth are the reasons Ray is gone.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think that Mastalerz, McClure, Hildebrand, Lappin and Renouf were invited with the idea that, when they do graduate, they'll already be familiar with this organization (and vise-versa) and will be more likely to sign them then. But yeah, I doubt any of these guys leave college early, at least not this summer.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think that Mastalerz, McClure, Hildebrand, Lappin and Renouf were invited with the idea that, when they do graduate, they'll already be familiar with this organization (and vise-versa) and will be more likely to sign them then. But yeah, I doubt any of these guys leave college early, at least not this summer.

This is almost definitely the rationale behind it. I think Gibbons did the same thing. Was invited to development camp in 2010 then signed after graduating in 2011.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Couldn't we just sign them now? Or would that use up possibly needed contract spots?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Once collegiate players sign a deal they're no longer NCAA eligible. These kids have to pay their own way to go to a camp like this because the NCAA is ridiculous.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Couldn't we just sign them now? Or would that use up possibly needed contract spots?

They wouldn't be able to go back to the NCAA. None of them seem like the type that would leave school early. They're not like, super high-end, guaranteed-to-make-the-NHL types. They'd be better off getting their degrees.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
sorry about that I was thinking of someone else and hornqvist was who I meant. I was using his real name only known to the Fremen.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Can someone capable create a thread for the Dev. Camp? Or will we keep the discussion here?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Can someone capable create a thread for the Dev. Camp? Or will we keep the discussion here?

you mean a thread where some generous souls post the observations of people in observance and a legion of wise-beyond-their-years posters grace us with the profound insight that 'this is just development camp'? :laugh:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
you mean a thread where some generous souls post the observations of people in observance and a legion of wise-beyond-their-years posters grace us with the profound insight that 'this is just development camp'? :laugh:

Haha, yeah, that's the one :)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Development Camp + Discussion happening in new thread. Switching over to that one as we are about to hit 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->