Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | Now With Multiple European Prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Apparently the Pens invited goalie Jake Hildebrand to prospect camp. A Butler, PA native and Pittsburgh Hornets alumnus, he will be entering his junior season with Michigan State. Has been the Spartans starter and team MVP both as a freshman and sophomore, with a combined 18-32-9 record with a 2.40 GAA, .926 S% and 4 shutouts. Self-described huge Penguins (and Fleury) fan. Attended the Devils prospect camp last summer.

Great to hear. Jake is a good kid, a nice guy, and one heck of a goalie. I have played against him. He is a real good guy. I also watched him some for Michigan State. What a goalie.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but there were rumblings that Kühnhackl might go back to Germany after this season. Since I had not heard anything for a while, I started to search a little and the last rumours are indeed dating back to February or March. Pretty much nothing since then.
Also, the club rumoured to be interested (Munich) has 25 players signed already and it's generally getting relatively late for signing Germans in the DEL.

Looks very much like he's staying to me.

Karnage420*

I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but there were rumblings that Kühnhackl might go back to Germany after this season. Since I had not heard anything for a while, I started to search a little and the last rumours are indeed dating back to February or March. Pretty much nothing since then.
Also, the club rumoured to be interested (Munich) has 25 players signed already and it's generally getting relatively late for signing Germans in the DEL.

Looks very much like he's staying to me.

hes done anyway, not worried.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Tom needs to show something this season or his NHL dream is over for sure. Zlobin already passed him on the depth chart, and this fall Archibald, Wilson, Rust, Dea and Sheary are all rookies competing for wing spots in WBS.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Yes he's done with juniors, and he's under contract. And he was the backup (over Hartzell) for the Baby Pens 2014 playoff run. But he's played only 80 minutes total for WBS so far and is only 20 so it might come down to experience. The Pens could decide he'll be better off starting a lot of games for Wheeling while Zatkoff and Hartzell platoon for WBS.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It's Sundqvist that I'm excited about. I don't know if he's coming over this year, but if he does he'll be one to watch.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
ESPNU is replaying the NCAA Championship game... Jeff Taylor is #2 in maroon.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
The Penguins announced prospect development camp for July 15-19, with a 3 p.m. scrimmage at the Consol on the final day. On-ice stuff will be handled by the WBS coaches, off-ice activities by Fitzgerald and Guerin.

Derrick Pouliot will be there but won't skate due to shoulder surgery. Also, Pouliot has been named CHL Defenseman of the Year, over Aaron Ekblad and some overager from the Q.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
The Penguins announced prospect development camp for July 15-19, with a 3 p.m. scrimmage at the Consol on the final day. On-ice stuff will be handled by the WBS coaches, off-ice activities by Fitzgerald and Guerin.

Derrick Pouliot will be there but won't skate due to shoulder surgery. Also, Pouliot has been named CHL Defenseman of the Year, over Aaron Ekblad and some overager from the Q.

Another reason to not trade him. He´s be far the best prospect in the Penguins organization.:nod:

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Why wasn't Jarry even a finalist for goaltender of the year? Wasn't he like... god last year?

He was one of two finalists for WHL goaltender of the year but lost to Jordan Cooke. So basically, he was named the second best goalie in the WHL in his first season as a starter while shouldering a ridiculous workload. So not god, but also not exactly terrible.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
He was one of two finalists for WHL goaltender of the year but lost to Jordan Cooke. So basically, he was named the second best goalie in the WHL in his first season as a starter while shouldering a ridiculous workload. So not god, but also not exactly terrible.

Ah, thanks. I don't pay much attention to the CHL and thus have no idea how the awards work. I will still believe Jarry will be the lord and savior of the Pens though. :nod:

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Sundqvist is spending the year in SHL I believe.

And further on Sundqvist, given the complete decimation of Skellefteå's forward group, there's a huge, huge opportunity for Sundqvist to step up and play significant minutes in the top league. He should be a really fun prospect to watch this year and hopefully he can break out before coming over.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
From the prospects who you'd expect to attend based on age and experience only BU goalie Sean Maguire is missing. Other than him everyone is accounted for, including every guy we drafted last month.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
2014-development-camp-roster[12].jpg

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
And further on Sundqvist, given the complete decimation of Skellefteå's forward group, there's a huge, huge opportunity for Sundqvist to step up and play significant minutes in the top league. He should be a really fun prospect to watch this year and hopefully he can break out before coming over.

Yeah, he should hopefully get some top 6 minutes and PP time. Needs to work on that side of his game.

I'm looking forward to Kapanen - Sundqvist going head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad