Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah what a flop that was. Good thing every other trade has turned to gold and Rust decided he's a PPG winger.

It was always about getting out from under the PK deal before it was too late.

Pens could have gotten back a toothless hobo and still won the trade.

Galchenyuk scratched, is tonight the night he’s put out of his misery? Pleaseee

I’ll wait to see a direct source before I believe he’s scratched.

Seems weird to bench him when he’s doing alright on the fourth line and that line looked good Sunday.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

I’ll wait to see a direct source before I believe he’s scratched.

Seems weird to bench him when he’s doing alright on the fourth line and that line looked good Sunday.
Yeah that seems like a real random source. When do the teams have to announce the scratches? Its right before game time I think. Sully wouldn't let that out early if he could help it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I understand that. Just speaking about the player himself (although my post wasn't clear). The way he was hyped vs the output has been a flop. I have certainly been wrong on the need for him to produce like Kessel at ES for this team to be successful. That said, his performance, particularly after Jake went down and he still stunk, has been a big disappointment.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Last year right before Brass got traded he got scratched for a game or two.

If Galch is actually getting scratched I wonder if a trade is close.

It wouldn't make a ton of sense to me to scratch him at this time, if Kahun and Bjug were available I could totally understand him getting scratched, but not with this current group of forwards the pens have right now.

Reactions: Pens and Flames

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
How about Granlund or Tatar? Just curious what their charts looks like.

Granlund is an average second liner who's more defensively impactful than offensive at this point. He's really dropped off since his peak in Minnesota, but he's young enough that he could be salvaged. Notably, his shooting talent is well below-average despite decent goal numbers.

LPNNChr.png

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Smith's p/60 has usually gone up with more ice time. Unless his fitness has nosedived, I have few fears about giving him more minutes.

Tbh, I'd be curious to see a study on the impact of time on ice on p/60 as I can't think of many cases where it has caused adverse effects.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Acquiring Zucker at the deadline puts us in serious contention for the cup and, IMO, makes it possible for us to go back to back again.

The depth at forward would be insane next year and we presumably could make room with the departures of galchenyuk, Schultz and bjugstad (if necessary) to fill out the roster.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
On a podcast Russo said that Zucker is the most likely wing to move to make space for Kaprizov. The wilds other wings are either unmovable (Zucc,Parise) or too young and not super valuable (Greenway, Kunin) . I think one way or another JR will trade for Zucker. Whether it be this month or in the summer.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Acquiring Zucker at the deadline puts us in serious contention for the cup and, IMO, makes it possible for us to go back to back again.

The depth at forward would be insane next year and we presumably could make room with the departures of galchenyuk, Schultz and bjugstad (if necessary) to fill out the roster.

We don't have the money

McCann, Kahun, Pedds, Jarry and Murray need their raise.

Bjugstad, Schultz, Chucky off the books and the cap raise should cover that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Athanasiou is having a brutal season on a historically bad Wings team but I think on paper he fits us the best of all available. Probably one of the top 10-12 skaters in the league in terms of speed, produces almost entirely at ES and can play any forward position (though I wouldn’t trust him at C). Being an RFA gives us options either if he clicks with Sid or Geno and scores a bunch or if he totally bombs. Also a couple years younger than the other names being mentioned.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Athanasiou is having a brutal season on a historically bad Wings team but I think on paper he fits us the best of all available. Probably one of the top 10-12 skaters in the league in terms of speed, produces almost entirely at ES and can play any forward position (though I wouldn’t trust him at C). Being an RFA gives us options either if he clicks with Sid or Geno and scores a bunch or if he totally bombs. Also a couple years younger than the other names being mentioned.

Do one dimensional players usually gel with Crosby? Because the point is to find a guy who can potentially play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad