Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Hopefully he demands a trade.

As a wild fan, Zucker deserves it! He literally goes missing on offense then doesn't try on defense! He doesn't seem to care some games then goes on Twitter right after. Zucker can be so good but it's up to him to have that passion and desire

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As a wild fan, Zucker deserves it! He literally goes missing on offense then doesn't try on defense! He doesn't seem to care some games then goes on Twitter right after. Zucker can be so good but it's up to him to have that passion and desire
What if he doesn't exhibit the level of passion, desire and attention to detail that the Wild faithful demand? What's the fallout?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Cool, 2021 2nd it is.

Reactions: Rave7215

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
What if he doesn't exhibit the level of passion, desire and attention to detail that the Wild faithful demand? What's the fallout?

I am just saying Brodreau doesn't care who the player is. If one isn't playing the game right they go to 4th line. Parise, Zucker, Donato, fiala , Koivu all have played on 4th line

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I am just saying Brodreau doesn't care who the player is. If one isn't playing the game right they go to 4th line. Parise, Zucker, Donato, fiala , Koivu all have played on 4th line
If Zucker is gonna continue to be clown he should be traded and soon!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
One more thing tying into my earlier posts.

I disagree when people say the third goal was on Sid as much as Letang. Yes, Sid should ideally also play that better, but it was a one goal game with half the game to play. Sully’s best cliche for this team is “take what the game gives you”, and no one needs that imprinted on him more than 58, because when he does he is great.
Letang going for a 40/60 pinch deep in the opponents third is gambling big time.
Do it when we’re desperate ONLY, least of all when it is a tight game, unless it is late and we need a goal of course. That’s basically all the reigning in I ask for with Letang.

When we won without Letang in 17’ a major reason was that we did not gift away much and trusted offense to do enough eventually. He MUST show better judgement, or it is extremely likely that those easy goals against will be just like this one come showtime. Like we have honestly seen it way too many times before.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From Russo via the Wild board:

[Guerin]'s been meeting a lot with his staff this week, a lot of his front office people, things like that. I've gotta think that he's got a notebook of trade potential deals by several teams in this league.

I just talked to a management person for another team as I was coming here that I know was interested in Zucker, and I get the impression that Zucker has listed them on his no-trade list, which is pretty frustrating for this team. But the one thing talking to him that he told me is that there's a lot of teams looking for a Jason Zucker type right now. Because you don't usually get that at this time of year. Guys with term that are wingers, not centers. Usually at the trade deadline everybody's looking for the same thing: that puck-moving defenseman, one rugged defenseman, or a center. Very few teams are looking for that winger-type.

I think the telling thing here is that other teams know who Zucker put on his NTC. This Russo comment could be about Pittsburgh, but I think it could also be about someone like Calgary, who's also a strong possibility to be on Zucker's NTC and be interested in him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
LeBrun thinks we might have an interest in Simmonds. Speculation more than reporting.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
LeBrun thinks we might have an interest in Simmonds. Speculation more than reporting.

(X) Press X to doubt

Simmonds really doesn't make sense because he's a bad top-6 player on a bad team at this point. Maybe he makes sense as the depth veteran forward, but that's about it. He's a guy that's on par with Kovalchuk, not a top-6 player on a playoff team.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin

Stuff like this would sour me on wanting him in Pittsburgh, we have had enough toxic drama over the past decade and we've seen how it has sandbagged our locker room over the past two seasons in particular.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
One more thing tying into my earlier posts.

I disagree when people say the third goal was on Sid as much as Letang. Yes, Sid should ideally also play that better, but it was a one goal game with half the game to play. Sully’s best cliche for this team is “take what the game gives you”, and no one needs that imprinted on him more than 58, because when he does he is great.
Letang going for a 40/60 pinch deep in the opponents third is gambling big time.
Do it when we’re desperate ONLY, least of all when it is a tight game, unless it is late and we need a goal of course. That’s basically all the reigning in I ask for with Letang.

When we won without Letang in 17’ a major reason was that we did not gift away much and trusted offense to do enough eventually. He MUST show better judgement, or it is extremely likely that those easy goals against will be just like this one come showtime. Like we have honestly seen it way too many times before.

Letang wasn't on the ice for the 3rd goal ? iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad