Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
And with Guentzel healthy, I don't think they lack that. With Guentzel healthy, does JR view Guentzel-Simon and Kahun-Rust as good enough top-6 wing duos? I certainly see the argument that he would think that.

It's why I think Kahun is on the outs at some point if the Penguins get Zucker at the deadline. They'll ask McCann and Hornqvist carry the 3rd line, and while they may keep Kahun on the 3rd line to start, I think he's one of the first cap casualties if they need to clear cap.

I am not sure if Kahun/McCann-Malkin-Rust really works:
- w Kahun: TOI 97.8, CF% 50, FF% 52, SF% 51, GF% 5-4, xGF% 54.5
- w McCann: TOI 31.2, CF% 49, FF% 47, SF% 41, GF% 4-1, xGF% 56.2
Those number do not say dominant. They say opportunistic (which is better than nothing I guess).

Compared to Guentzel on that line:
- w Guentzel: TOI 221.3, CF% 57, FF% 60, SF% 61, GF% 18-9, xGF% 63.5

It may be that Malkin was a little bit cold last month, but it should be a concern for JR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I am not sure if Kahun/McCann-Malkin-Rust really works:
- w Kahun: TOI 97.8, CF% 50, FF% 52, SF% 51, GF% 5-4, xGF% 54.5
- w McCann: TOI 31.2, CF% 49, FF% 47, SF% 41, GF% 4-1, xGF% 56.2
Those number do not say dominant. They say opportunistic (which is better than nothing I guess).

Compared to Guentzel on that line:
- w Guentzel: TOI 221.3, CF% 57, FF% 60, SF% 61, GF% 18-9, xGF% 63.5

It may be that Malkin was a little bit cold last month, but it should be a concern for JR.

Guentzel is a much better player those guys...let’s be honest...we miss him...

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Guentzel is a much better player those guys...let’s be honest...we miss him...

Of course he is. I believe he is in top 5 LW in the NHL. I would rank only Panarin, Marchand, Ovechkin, Huberdeau and maaaaybe Gaudreau higher right now (and if I am a little homerish I would take only Panarin over him from that group).

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I do not agree. He had chances. He sucked in those chances. I hope the best for the kid. Maybe he has a Bura-like resurgence next year. I always cheer on those kids in success. But he hasn't shown a damn thing. His shot takes forever to get off. He doesn't score. He deserved his **** minutes.

How many legitimate "chances"??? Same as Simon's? How about ZAR's????

Gally has a pretty good track record. He is also by all accounts a hard worker. HE's 25!!!!! All of this pining for a young forward............... Why not try the talented one getting only 5 minutes a game???

I love the Pens, they are a great organization, they also have a track record of being very weird.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, Evolve Media LLC, you faceless shitburgs, please let me post funny content that you can remarket, and please may I have another bowl of gruel? It’s so cold in the poasting mines tonight.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Cole, you’re not getting a Christmas Brick this year if you keep this up.

I’d send you a gift card, but Evolve (formerly a wholly owned subsidiary of Crave Media, LLC, and various other shell corporations) only pays us in Evolöv Büx and Bräwndö, with nutrimites.

Reactions: ColePens

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
They literally played each other in the finals and letang wiped the floor with him

Ok, that was probably one of Letangs best playoffs. But I just gave you the overall breakdown. Burns has played half the games and has better stats.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Can everybody block and stop quoting the guy who only posts anti-Letang stuff?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well if he is on the fourth line, the price for trading for him may be low enough to do the deal.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hey if he can make the 4th line nhl caliber that’s something.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Is he really playing that badly? he's going to play under 10 minutes tonight.

edit- Ok just over 10.

Last edited:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Minnys next couple of games are gonna be pretty difficult. They have to face the Stars, Avs and Knights. Even though theyve been winning, teams above them have also been getting points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad