Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'll still hold out hope for Foligno as our secondary acquisition.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
From the end of the last thread

If Dumo is still a little ways away do they swap Riikola with cheap LHD who can PK?

Ruh playing 10 & 12 minutes on his off side isn’t a ringing endorsement for Riikola

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
From the end of the last thread

If Dumo is still a little ways away do they swap Riikola with cheap LHD who can PK?

Ruh playing 10 & 12 minutes on his off side isn’t a ringing endorsement for Riikola
I knew you wanted an excuse to bring back Hainsey or Daley.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Re What @Tom Hanks said last thread about Riikola -

Maybe. I can see the logic there myself. And I think they might. But if they don't - and I do think that's more likely - I think that answers some of the questions about whether the team likes him. I think they do. Sully doesn't like him near Schultz, but that's it. The fella brings the attributes we neemy I think he's probably not getting moved, not unless we're getting a pretty solid return. He mightn't be the guy we need right meow, but he's a guy they want, and they're not giving them up lightly - not when we're still one of the best teams in the league.

And that last sentence is pretty important when considering what Rutherford will do. Even in this quarter-crippled form, we are doing everything right in terms of getting a good playoff spot and have a fair amount of wriggle room if injuries catch up to us. All ideas that we need help now desperately and should compromise on getting the players we want for the playoffs as a result are just not in line with reality, or what Rutherford seems to be thinking.

Reactions: Khelandros

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
71-87-17
24-19-72
18-27-12
46-53-13

When everybody back, one super line and 3 3rd lines.

IF they actually did this i'd knock out Chucky and insert Lafferty. Also i feel Geno is playing the better C game so i'd have Sid on wing:

87-71-17
24-19-72
12-27-13
46-53-37

...is how i'd line them up.
If they got Zucker and Chucky was gone.

87-71-17
16(Zucker)-19-72/13
24-27-72/13
46-53-12

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
What to do with Galchenyuk? At this point, we'll have to pay for a bad team to take him. Is there a bubble playoff team out there that might be willing to trade a veteran depth defenseman for Galchenyuk? It would have to be UFA for UFA with somewhat similar pay (basically a swap of misc. pieces). At this point, I'd be fine with getting a warm body defenseman for the depth run.

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
What to do with Galchenyuk? At this point, we'll have to pay for a bad team to take him. Is there a bubble playoff team out there that might be willing to trade a veteran depth defenseman for Galchenyuk? It would have to be UFA for UFA with somewhat similar pay (basically a swap of misc. pieces). At this point, I'd be fine with getting a warm body defenseman for the depth run.

He's been awful but I still could see a middling playoff team like Dallas looking for a cheap 'upgrade' (their forward group is pretty brutal) giving him a shot at the right price.

A conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd would be great but at this point Id take a straight 4th just to be rid of him. Maybe taking back someone like Sekera to offset salary if necessary.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Why would we have to pay a team to take on the last two months of his expiring contract?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
They’ll get something for AG. If he goes to a team with shoddy forwards and plays top line minutes and PP, he’s still capable of 20+20 for someone.

He just doesn’t fit here as the pens don’t have the patience or desire to keep him in that kind of position with others outperforming him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Shop him for a pick or veteran bottom 6 forward, and keep him if nothing's coming. That's Rutherford's publicly stated ask for a long time. And we're really probably not going to have to pay to send him away. Justin Schultz was far, far worse when he commanded a 3rd to pick just one example.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Little LeBrun piece in the Athletic today. Doesn't mention us but does say...

Eight teams have told NY that Kreider's top of their wish list
LA want two assets for Toffoli but mightn't get what they want
Ottawa want a straight 1st for JGP but mightn't get what they want
Anaheim might be willing to do Kase for a young player in a shake up deal but Rakell would be knock your socks off

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Does Chucky count as a young player that needs a change :naughty:

Given he's older than Kase and has no term left, I'm guessing no :laugh: LeBrun guessed at Steen and 3rd from the Bruins, which left Anaheim fans immediately unhappy and the comments and I don't blame them, if that's his value its best to hold on and hope for better next year. But if that is truly Kase's value, we could match that with Bellerive and 3rd, and I'd happily add on top.

I will now regret saying this after wading through pages of "Why isn't Rutherford in on him right now if that's the price", because I'm guessing there's a reason and its probably LeBrun is way off here, but... watch this space?

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
rather the pens not waste assets on a vanilla 4th liner like foligno.

When do 4th liners pace for 40 points for the season. All at even strength too. He has more even strength points than Tanev and Hornqvist.

Calling him vanilla is quite a weird description too. A very aggressive player.

Reactions: Ryder71 and Oxide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad