Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline - Help needed, please apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I wonder if we could do something like Bjugstad+2nd+4th for Dillon and Marleau? Not sure San Jose really has a need for Bjugstad though and I know Marleau doesn't have the speed but I feel like he would be ok as a 3rd liner here

Zucker Sid Simon
Kahun Malkin Rust
Marleau McCann Hornqvist
BART

Dumo Letang
Dillon Marino
Petts Schultz

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I wonder if we could do something like Bjugstad+2nd+4th for Dillon and Marleau? Not sure San Jose really has a need for Bjugstad though and I know Marleau doesn't have the speed but I feel like he would be ok as a 3rd liner here
if we are going with speed, we need to do it all through the line up.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dumo is key here and if he is out longer or his return is still not known at the TDL. GMJR will look to add a decent LD. This also assumes all else is back and ready to go. If Marino is back by early March as is Bjugstad, Kahun of course and Dumo is close or back by then. I think a RW RH forward should be added. Unless Bjugs is moved up to play on Crosby's RW.
Zucker Sid Bjugs
Kahun Geno Rust
Tanev McCann Horny
Reese TB Simon/Lafferty

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
With the Pens already having gotten Zucker, I like the idea of adding Toffoli for a song. Maybe Bjugstad and a 3rd/C prospect or something.

Not the fleetest of foot, but a smart winger with a good touch around the net. And an RH shot!

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
It's crazy how long him and Bjugstad have been out, especially Bjugstad.

I'm taking the completely uneducated stance in that Bjugstad isn't coming back because he doesn't want to be traded. Major foot dragging.

Then again, if GMJR really/truly isn't considering trading him - I'm okay with him sitting on the LTIR. Guy has been absolutely worthless. If/when he does come back - I really hope he does a 180 because it's easy to imagine a scenario where he hurts the makeup of this roster.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
With the Pens already having gotten Zucker, I like the idea of adding Toffoli for a song. Maybe Bjugstad and a 3rd/C prospect or something.

Not the fleetest of foot, but a smart winger with a good touch around the net. And an RH shot!

Zucker Crosby Toffoli
Kahun Malkin Rust
Simon McCann Hornqvist
BART

That seems like a pretty good forward group

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Zucker Crosby Toffoli
Kahun Malkin Rust
Simon McCann Hornqvist
BART

That seems like a pretty good forward group

yeah, I don’t see the Toffoli fit with Sid and he’d have to fit since that’s our only RW spot available...plug in Kapanen there and we’re good to go...lol...or my and @ColePens preference....

Zucker-Sid-Simon
Kahun-G-Rust
Coleman-McCann-Horny
BARF

Reactions: ColePens

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
yeah, I don’t see the Toffoli fit with Sid and he’d have to fit since that’s our only RW spot available...plug in Kapanen there and we’re good to go...lol...or my and @ColePens preference....

Zucker-Sid-Simon
Kahun-G-Rust
Coleman-McCann-Horny
BARF

I'm also not opposed to that lineup. I would love to get Coleman here

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Zucker-Sid-Simon
Kahun-G-Rust
Coleman-McCann-Horny
BARF

What would Coleman even cost us? might have a better chance on Wood.

Reactions: Andy99

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So if no other moves are made I would think our forward group when completely healthy would be

Zucker Sid Simon
Kahun Malkin Rust
Lafferty McCann Hornqvist
BART

I think I would much prefer seeing

Zucker Sid Kahun
Tanev Malkin Rust
Simon McCann Hornqvist
ZAR Blueger Lafferty

Reactions: Dominance

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Coleman would probably cost our 2021 first to pry him away from NJD...

Pass on Coleman if that's the ask. If I am trading a 1st I would want Palms instead and just add to it like a prospect and Bjugstad for cap reasons. But trying to keep Zucker, Palms, Kahun, McCann would be impossible for us when it comes to re-signing them all.

Wood and Bennett?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pass on Coleman if that's the ask. If I am trading a 1st I would want Palms instead and just add to it like a prospect and Bjugstad for cap reasons. But trying to keep Zucker, Palms, Kahun, McCann would be impossible for us when it comes to re-signing them all.

Wood and Bennett?

wood costs too much in cap, if we trade for him, then we have to trade Tanev/Kahun or McCann.

all 3 are way better than wood

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Zucker-Sid-Simon
Kahun-G-Rust
Coleman-McCann-Horny
BARF

If we make a 3rd line remove ZAR and have Kahun-Bleuger-Tanev (BTK)....…nvm
giphy.gif

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
We already have him, his name is Marcus Pettersson. He looked great with Letang but then we just decided that Johnson was the guy - even though those two have never had chemistry.

well, also. pettersson sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad