Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline - Help needed, please apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Ok. Just saying I wouldn't have been in a rush to sign the guy. But the cap crunch this past summer due to the idiotic signing of JJ caused JR to be put in a position to have to promise MP an extension like he just got.

Not happy about it. Not mad either I guess.

Sucks, but this is also the reputation of the GM and the org on the line. If they had a handshake deal in place and JR reneged...it's just a horrible look.

MP is blah for the money right now, but I don't think he is done developing either.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
At this rate, Bjugstad is about 11 weeks into an 8 week recovery and was skating around early-mid January with a late January return, this is going by official reports of him skating and this being a legit report.

It's 3-4 weeks past when he should be back at this point. That's not "everyone heals different" time line bs, mate. That's some legit tomfoolery going on either by JR that doesn't want to move Bjugstad and wants to use that LTIR for something or that tall wanker is seriously the slowest healer in recorded human history.
So you are a PT or Surgeon ??? CONGRATS

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
At this rate, Bjugstad is about 11 weeks into an 8 week recovery and was skating around early-mid January with a late January return, this is going by official reports of him skating and this being a legit report.

It's 3-4 weeks past when he should be back at this point. That's not "everyone heals different" time line bs, mate. That's some legit tomfoolery going on either by JR that doesn't want to move Bjugstad and wants to use that LTIR for something or that tall wanker is seriously the slowest healer in recorded human history.

There was one report that he may have wrecked his back or spine or sumthin'?
Might've been TIOPS tho...not sure.
Deffo had a set back of some sort or a whole nother injury.

Anywho, top target for me right now is Scandella or Borowiecki.
They'd help immensely if you're sittin' here after Round 1 Game 1 and 2 of your 3LD that played stunk up the joint.

I listed the bottom 6 options in one of my previous posts.
One of 'em wouldn't be bad either.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen that word written. It weirded me out :laugh:

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Riikola-Schultz would be a candidate for the softest, least defensively inclined defensive pairing in the league. Really can't say I like the sound of it at all.
riiky is far from soft...i think that because he likes to throw checks is one of the reasons sully doesn't like him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Anywho, top target for me right now is Scandella or Borowiecki.
They'd help immensely if you're sittin' here after Round 1 Game 1 and 2 of your 3LD that played stunk up the joint.

I listed the bottom 6 options in one of my previous posts.
One of 'em wouldn't be bad either.
It pisses me off mate, this tosser is just enjoying these work parties but can't play?

December 27, 2019 10:36 PM
Penguins' Nick Bjugstad: Begins skating Friday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Bjugstad (abdomen) skated for the first time since undergoing surgery Friday.
Bjugstad appears to be on track for a mid-January return after undergoing core muscle surgery in November. Once given the all-clear, the center could find himself moved to the wing in order to allow Jared McCann to continue to serve as the third-line center. With just one point in 10 contests this year, the Minneapolis native could find himself atop general manager Jim Rutherford's list of tradable assets.
Nick Bjugstad, C, Pittsburgh Penguins

This one cracks me up more...it's date February 2nd. But he's set for a "mid January return."

February 2, 2020 02:36 PM
Penguins' Nick Bjugstad: Not ready to return
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Bjugstad (abdomen) remains out of the lineup Sunday in Washington, Tom Gulitti of NHL.com reports.
Bjugstad is still tracking toward a mid-January return, though it's possible he gets back into the lineup as soon as Thursday in Tampa Bay if he can come back ahead of schedule. The 6-foot-6 center hasn't played since Nov. 15 and will need to be removed from injured reserve before he sees game ice.
Nick Bjugstad, C, Pittsburgh Penguins

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
riiky is far from soft...i think that because he likes to throw checks is one of the reasons sully doesn't like him.
I wasn't a fan of Riikola's treatment last season and this season when he's actually been worth playing, they're shafting him even more, I really don't get what the f*** Sullivan is doing with his lineup choices, it's like the more praise he gets for doing well while the team is injured, the dumber shit he tries to get away with.

I mean for a stretch he decided to dress Ruhwedel as a LD and convinced himself that was working fine. I really get the sense that Riikola, when he leaves, will go on to be a solid player elsewhere, someone will take him off of JR's hands and make them look like fools. He's been far better than his treatment suggests.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bjug had back surgery in March 2015. These surgeries are not foolproof and don’t always correct problems completely...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bjug had back surgery in March 2015. These surgeries are not foolproof and don’t always correct problems completely...
The back surgery and the lower body injuries he had in Florida aren't related to this "core muscle" surgery he had.

That was 2015.
Then the lower body issues were 2017.

We're in 2019-2020.

Proves even more, this team needed to move on from him last summer.

Edit: @Andy99 I saw your post in the other thread, that disc, it's still ridiculous. Why would anyone wait to sort out a disc issue in their back that was an existing problem? That's how it becomes a bigger problem, especially in your back, especially even more so in this sport.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The back surgery and the lower body injuries he had in Florida aren't related to this "core muscle" surgery he had.

That was 2015.
Then the lower body issues were 2017.

We're in 2019-2020.

Proves even more, this team needed to move on from him last summer.

Back, knee, foot/ankle etc...all of these injuries can put stress on other joints and muscles to try and compensate for or relieve pain from those ailments...the body is one big coordinated mechanism...there’s no question that in compensating for other weaknesses an athlete could put more pressure on a core or groin muscle...I don’t see injuries as completely separate entities

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Back, knee, foot/ankle etc...all of these injuries can put stress on other joints and muscles to try and compensate for or relieve pain from those ailments...the body is one big coordinated mechanism...there’s no question that in compensating for other weaknesses an athlete could put more pressure on a core or groin muscle...I don’t see injuries as completely separate entities
Mate there's just something off putting about this team and the constant injuries and call this tin-foil hat stuff or not..but given the Galchenyuk news and how Dupuis hid his injury and how that sort of stuff is still going on, I am starting to wonder how many players on this team, continue to play through injuries that should be holding them out of the line-up to get properly healthy and how much of it has to do with some sort of mentality in the dressing room like "Oh cool, you're hurt, so are the rest of us, suck it up!"

Because an existing back issue, has core surgery, has existing back issue bother him now too?
Chucky had an injury, hid it, didn't get better, kept playing through it, why? He was already out to start the year, what was waiting a little longer to be healthy going to do?
I also remember Dumoulin being hurt and being back way too early and then looked really terrible for a while before he sort of leveled out. I think that was last year or this year?
Schultz has had it happen 2-3yrs in a row now.
Horny had a concussion or two and I think it was like a span of 2-3 months having it and he came back?

Something isn't right and I am wondering if it's some sort of culture issue of just the perception of being hurt.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still like the idea of Granlund as a rental for the Pens. Can play any wing and C. I think he would really compliment that 2nd line and really shore up the depth.

Zucker, Crosby, Kahun
Granlund, Malkin, Rust
Simon, McCann, Hornqvist
Aston-Reese, Blueger, Tanev

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I still like the idea of Granlund as a rental for the Pens. Can play any wing and C. I think he would really compliment that 2nd line and really shore up the depth.

Zucker, Crosby, Kahun
Granlund, Malkin, Rust
Simon, McCann, Hornqvist

He also had chemistry with Zucker, based on the YouTubes I've seen.

Also: #TeamDressRiikola

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Zucker, Crosby, Kahun
Granlund, Malkin, Rust
Simon, McCann, Hornqvist
I think we need a bit more jam and a heavier guy to round out the line up. A Foligno type would be a better option IMO.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not sure about the assets it would require but a guy like Smith from the Preds would be good. He's tenacious, a good skater and decent size. He's been talked about quite a bit.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not sure about the assets it would require but a guy like Smith from the Preds would be good. He's tenacious, a good skater and decent size. He's been talked about quite a bit.

It would require someone who they think would be a better help for Nashville to make the playoffs. They are 5 points out but have 4 games in hand. They wouldn’t be selling for futures.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Either one of Granlund or Smith would be ideal, if the Pens can swing both in a deal that has the Preds also retaining salary to make it work, that's even more ideal, but I wonder if Poile would ever make that move. They have 4 games in hand and are still very much in the race. I think

If they lose their next 3 games, today, Saturday and Sunday, then they're definitely open to sell. But I would 100% be in on getting both if JR can. That would basically sort the depth out asap and when you get Marino and Dumoulin back, you're good to go.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It would require someone who they think would be a better help for Nashville to make the playoffs. They are 5 points out but have 4 games in hand. They wouldn’t be selling for futures.
Well, if JR is true to what he said today he may want to tinker a bit 48hrs or so before TDL. By then the Preds may fall out of serious contention.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Either one of Granlund or Smith would be ideal, if the Pens can swing both in a deal that has the Preds also retaining salary to make it work, that's even more ideal, but I wonder if Poile would ever make that move. They have 4 games in hand and are still very much in the race. I think

If they lose their next 3 games, today, Saturday and Sunday, then they're definitely open to sell. But I would 100% be in on getting both if JR can. That would basically sort the depth out asap and when you get Marino and Dumoulin back, you're good to go.
I'd prefer Smith because he's more of a pain in the ass to play against.

Reactions: Rust17

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Elite shutdown winger and bringer of no points, Zachary Aston-Reese.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad