Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Columbus Blue Jackets 3/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I don't really believe in the goon dynamic, I believe that they are more of a drain than a help. But for personal reasons if Sesito plays and just so happens to decapitate Dubinsky im all for it.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I don't really believe in the goon dynamic, I believe that they are more of a drain than a help. But for personal reasons if Sesito plays and just so happens to decapitate Dubinsky im all for it.

You say you don't believe in the goon dynamic? Do you believe in Dubinsky? He's real, and he goons it up every time we play them. :laugh:

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Wish Sestito would not announce to the media that he is looking for vengeance. Actions speak louder than words. Sestito is going to be targeted even further than what he has before by the officials. Nonetheless, it is a breath of fresh air to have someone with size and belligerence to play a few games with the big club.

Assuming that he gets a game misconduct early, the Blue Jackets will have a large of quantity of rugged players that may look for their own retribution. I would not necessarily blame them if that was the scenario. The game should be interesting. Pittsburgh needs two points here. The primary focus will be on winning. Once that happens, go after Dubinsky. Sestito is going to have to save those knuckles for him only (unless Prout or Boll do something). Keep his mouth shut in the process as well. Being on his best behavior is key.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Thanks, Mantis ;)! I hope he means it. However, now that he said that, could there be action taken by the league if he runs Dubinski?

Go Pens!

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time haha.

I'll be there tonight.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is tough when you have 4 bottom pairing dmen. Cole, Lovejoy, Pouliot, and Schultz...I like the depth but when all healthy it will be hard to determine who to go with.

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
So pumped for the game. Sestito better dress and we better play a scrappy skilled game and win convincingly. Easier said than done, but it would be great to show other teams that the pens have some punch and can win rugged games down the stretch. If we don't dress sestito (or even if we do) and then get roughed up, lose our composure, play poorly and get beat you can bet every division game coming up is going to be "street fight the pens" mentality.

Btw, saying you are going to run a guy and make his night hell is not illegal. Landing emphasized hits every chance you get with a little extra on them is not illegal. Fighting is not illegal. No problem with what Sestito says if he plays within the rules.

These are some are some of the things that make hockey special. No other sport has the same potential for response and emotion within the bounds of the game.

I hope our stars win it on skill, we play our game, and we bring the right roster and mindset to the game.

so amped. If sestito sits for fehr I'll be perturbed.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
So pumped for the game. Sestito better dress and we better play a scrappy skilled game and win convincingly. Easier said than done, but it would be great to show other teams that the pens have some punch and can win rugged games down the stretch. If we don't dress sestito (or even if we do) and then get roughed up, lose our composure, play poorly and get beat you can bet every division game coming up is going to be "street fight the pens" mentality.

Btw, saying you are going to run a guy and make his night hell is not illegal. Landing emphasized hits every chance you get with a little extra on them is not illegal. Fighting is not illegal. No problem with what Sestito says if he plays within the rules.

These are some are some of the things that make hockey special. No other sport has the same potential for response and emotion within the bounds of the game.

I hope our stars win it on skill, we play our game, and we bring the right roster and mindset to the game.

so amped. If sestito sits for fehr I'll be perturbed.

If sestito sits i probably wont even watch, cause just like every other game against them, itll be another mauling of our stars. It still may be if ses plays, but at least he'll try to do something.

Also, with sids recent comments, he may not even try if ses is scratched

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If sestito sits i probably wont even watch, cause just like every other game against them, itll be another mauling of our stars. It still may be if ses plays, but at least he'll try to do something.

Also, with sids recent comments, he may not even try if ses is scratched

lol.

I hope that they just come out and put up three goals in the first and then continue the onslaught just like they did against the last ****** team we played.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I guess they want to see Schultz before deciding what to do about him in the off-season. I'm not worried about Pouliot coming back for more, after all, it's the last time he's been called up to quote JR.

which is stupid. If he's not playing here, send him down.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
which is stupid. If he's not playing here, send him down.

Pretty sure you'd do more to piss the kid off by sending him down after saying you'd never send him down again.

He's sitting a few games. Big deal. We have 8 NHL D on the roster when Lovejoy's back, which it sounds like it will be soon. Players are going to sit. At the very least, Pouliot's getting one on one work with coaches and practices. As long as he takes this positively and earns the coaching staff's trust moving forward, I'm fine with it.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don´t care about the rivalry, Sestito, Dubinsky etc.. We just need to come out of this with 2 points. Period. Columbus is gonna be without Saad and Jack Johnson, which is a huge break for us. Let´s go Pens, go get that 1st wildcard spot!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure you'd do more to piss the kid off by sending him down after saying you'd never send him down again.

He's sitting a few games. Big deal. We have 8 NHL D on the roster when Lovejoy's back, which it sounds like it will be soon. Players are going to sit. At the very least, Pouliot's getting one on one work with coaches and practices. As long as he takes this positively and earns the coaching staff's trust moving forward, I'm fine with it.

Depends how long he'll be sitting I guess. He needs to be playing somewhere imo.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
lol.

I hope that they just come out and put up three goals in the first and then continue the onslaught just like they did against the last ****** team we played.

Golly gee, I sure hope we win too. And if we do get up 4 goals, maybe we can start a poll on which body part Sid gets a stick broken over.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Depends how long he'll be sitting I guess. He needs to be playing somewhere imo.

3 games isn't enough to warrant sending him down. If it's nearing Plotnikov level stuff, then yeah, send him down at that point.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
3 games isn't enough to warrant sending him down. If it's nearing Plotnikov level stuff, then yeah, send him down at that point.

right, when I said if he isn't playing I mean if the plan is for him to continue not playing. I don't want him to be our 7D for the rest of the year.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Dubi is still going to pull that **** no matter who is the ice. He'll probably also goad Sestito into taking a instigator or something on top of it. Kind of player he is.

Good Lord, not a 2 minute minor penalty. If that happens, may as well get out the golf clubs cause all will be lost

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So, what exactly is your point?

Why don't you just not watch the team since Sestito is the reason you want to watch the game?

I know career AHLer Tom Sestito is the reason I watch the Pittsburgh Penguins these days.

Don't get all upset because u enjoy watching a sissy soff team and some of us don't. Let's make the Pens great again!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
So, what exactly is your point?

Why don't you just not watch the team since Sestito is the reason you want to watch the game?

I know career AHLer Tom Sestito is the reason I watch the Pittsburgh Penguins these days.

My point is, it's stupid not to have Sestito up, and not play him in this particular game. Actually, it's beyond stupid, but I'd expect nothing less from this organization.

Fret not, I'll still probably watch our beloved Pens tonight. Hopefully Sestito sits, and Dubi breaks his stick over someone's neck. That'll make everyone happy, including me because once again I'll get to hear the usual suspects whine about the refs, the rules, the league, the commissioner, etc, etc.

Which career AHLer is the reason you watch the Penguins these days? There's about 7 to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad