Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Columbus Blue Jackets 3/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Love that quote from Sestito, but we'll see. It says a lot that Perron specifically mentioned Kunitz as one of the guys he was closest to on the team. That lends credence to the idea that he's just beloved, and it totally overrides his play.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
if there was ever a game I would dress a guy like Sestito, this is it. Prove to me you have a purpose.

As for Kunitz, I am just out of ideas. Its three coaches in a row now. Two profession hockey coaches who have never coached an effective version of Kunitz still wouldn't demote him. I just don't know. But I am very confident we aren't winning anything of value with him in that spot regardless of other moves we make. You just can't have such a negative impact of a guy playing such an important role. He's worse than a waste of space at this point. I would be thrilled to play the rest of the year with 11 forwards if it meant no Kunitz.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
if there was ever a game I would dress a guy like Sestito, this is it. Prove to me you have a purpose.

He did it last time. I hope he does something similar (situation permitting), but gets a few more seconds with him.

I'm sure that's what gave Sid his wide grin.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So why on Earth is Sestito up if they aren't even going to dress him against the only team that warrants having him in the lineup?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
So no Sestito or Pouliot tonight? lol. This organization is really special. Maybe Sullivan should send a formal invitation to Dubinsky run amok on Sid tonight.

And no idea what Schultz brings to this team that Pouliot doesn't, except extra softness

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

If true I'm getting rather irritated over this Pouliot scratching
If Sestito doesnt play Dubi must be rubbing his hands in delight

I don't think there's much to really get irritated by with Pouliot sitting. Our top 4 is pretty much set in stone (Maatta/Letang, Dumo/Daley) and Pouliot and Schultz almost certainly can't play together due to their similar styles and weaknesses. It's one or the other. If Schultz has a tough game then Pouliot will probably get another shot to play. I won't be irritated until Cole and Lovejoy (once healthy) are playing over both Schultz and Pouliot. That will piss me off if it happens.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sestito should be in tonight. You don't have to let him do anything unless Dubinsky tries something. Really weird if Sullivan decides not to play him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't think there's much to really get irritated by with Pouliot sitting. Our top 4 is pretty much set in stone (Maatta/Letang, Dumo/Daley) and Pouliot and Schultz almost certainly can't play together due to their similar styles and weaknesses. It's one or the other. If Schultz has a tough game then Pouliot will probably get another shot to play. I won't be irritated until Cole and Lovejoy (once healthy) are playing over both Schultz and Pouliot. That will piss me off if it happens.

Right but how many games in a row should Schultz get before Pouliot gets another shot? Schultz shouldn't be above Pouliot on the depth chart.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

Neither Schultz nor Cole has been demonstrably better than Pouliot. When Lovejoy comes back, the third pairing should be Pouliot-Lovejoy, though I wouldn't complain about Cole in Lovejoy's spot either. I really don't care about Schultz.

Cole should not play on the left side, and the current pairings (and a potential Cole-Lovejoy pairing) forces that.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Right but how many games in a row should Schultz get before Pouliot gets another shot? Schultz shouldn't be above Pouliot on the depth chart.
I guess they want to see Schultz before deciding what to do about him in the off-season. I'm not worried about Pouliot coming back for more, after all, it's the last time he's been called up to quote JR.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'm ambivalent about Sestito. I'm not a believer in goons, but I'm also a believer in roster dynamicism. That is, mix it up once in a while. Besides, its Dubinsky. Hopefully we can have some catharsis of the id as well as the two points.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Will we see Pouliot the rest of the season? Seems like Lovejoy is on the mend too and will be back shortly. 4 players for two spots. Of course, this being the Penguins, the youngest will get the shaft.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I guess they want to see Schultz before deciding what to do about him in the off-season. I'm not worried about Pouliot coming back for more, after all, it's the last time he's been called up to quote JR.

I understand that, I just figured it would be more of a rotation. Maybe it is. I just wonder how many games Pouliot can sit for without getting frustrated.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I don't see why they wouldn't dress Sestito, or someone else who'd be willing to pound Dubinsky's face in. It should seriously be a regular occurrence when playing Colombus at this point. Dubinsky has already had too many free passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad