Pittsburgh Media Thread: Your kids wouldn't want you posting in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I went to Diesel for a Finger Eleven concert/Lingerie show (don't judge me, I was dragged to it)... which just happened to be Pens v Leafs, which had more viewers at the bar than the actual concert.

It was a quite the game, Ron Petrovicky ended Kris Newbury's life and Jordy notched his hat trick with the game winner in OT. The only thing I remember from the concert was Finger Eleven stopped playing to make a quip about the game and we booed them for being Leafs fans. I also booed them for their music.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I went to Diesel for a Finger Eleven concert/Lingerie show (don't judge me, I was dragged to it)... which just happened to be Pens v Leafs, which had more viewers at the bar than the actual concert.

It was a quite the game, Ron Petrovicky ended Kris Newbury's life and Jordy notched his hat trick with the game winner in OT. The only thing I remember from the concert was Finger Eleven stopped playing to make a quip about the game and we booed them for being Leafs fans. I also booed them for their music.

yo i remember that game. i was bowling lmao

fun game!

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Trib article from today about JR being open to a MAF trade:

“The one thing I'll have to watch for and keep the lines of communication open with the player is, is he OK with the situation that he's in?” Rutherford said. “Going back to last year and to this point in time, he has handled it like a true pro. No issues at all. It may play out that we may be able to go right through having two top goalies on our team. We just have to keep an eye on what direction Marc wants to go here in the next few weeks.”

Fleury's agent, Allen Walsh, said via text message Thursday that he had no comment on which direction his client wanted to go.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

“The one thing I'll have to watch for and keep the lines of communication open with the player is, is he OK with the situation that he's in?†Rutherford said. “Going back to last year and to this point in time, he has handled it like a true pro. No issues at all. It may play out that we may be able to go right through having two top goalies on our team. We just have to keep an eye on what direction Marc wants to go here in the next few weeks.â€

Fleury's agent, Allen Walsh, said via text message Thursday that he had no comment on which direction his client wanted to go.

Annoyed with JR.

“Our priority here is to win,†he said. “My preference hasn't changed. Go back to training camp. My preference is to keep both these goalies here this year.â€

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
True. It would be much smarter for him to say "I hate this 2 goalie crap. I'm so desperate to get rid of one, either one, just to end the speculation. "

That would put him in a real position of strength.

:laugh: Exactly. He said exactly what he needed to say. Makes it sound solid to other teams, too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
JB is our cap guy and the heir apparent. Is JR unaware of how the ****ing cap works and the expansion draft? This ass is gonna lose someone we need because he protects two goalies because of his priorities. Good lord.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
True. It would be much smarter for him to say "I hate this 2 goalie crap. I'm so desperate to get rid of one, either one, just to end the speculation. "

I see your sarcasm.

The thing is he says that and doesn't address expansion or the cap. Those are real concerns and MAFs play. A recent number one can't just transition to back up when he relies on a heavy workload. The two goalie model works when the rookie isn't fully ready but they want him up. In this case the rookie is more than ready and the new number one. Maf might not see a game for a while and when he does he might not see another one for a while. JR is pulling a hand holding move.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

<edited for brevity>

If anyone wants proof that Fleury is cooperating and doesn't want to rock the boat, the fact that Allen Walsh had no comment on this matter should stand as that proof. Walsh has never exactly been one to keep quiet about his clients...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...itar-hero-in-locker-room/stories/201702050062

Coldplay and U2 are two of Murray’s favorite bands, and they’ve made it onto his keyboard playlist. He’s also found Adele’s music especially enjoyable to learn and play.

Coldplay and U2 are two of Murray’s favorite bands, and they’ve made it onto his keyboard playlist.

Coldplay and U2 are two of Murray’s favorite bands

Oh no :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I knew there was a special connection between me and Murray...and it's Coldplay. Thank God. I didn't think I could love the guy more.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Was just reading Yohe's questions and answers post on DK's site. One person asked if Yohe was Sullivan, what would he do differently. Yohe said "I'd take it easy on my team in practices and morning skates. Lots of guys are complaining privately about fatigue. It's going to catch up to them at some point." Found that interesting.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hmm. Did the pens ditch the morning skates and Sullivan is a big fan of game intensity at practices so shape up or gtfo.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Was just reading Yohe's questions and answers post on DK's site. One person asked if Yohe was Sullivan, what would he do differently. Yohe said "I'd take it easy on my team in practices and morning skates. Lots of guys are complaining privately about fatigue. It's going to catch up to them at some point." Found that interesting.

I'm sure it's not that dire.
The NHL season is grueling as is. Add in the WorldCup or an Olympics and it's even more grueling.
And most of the top minute guys take optional skates off.
Sully taking it easy in practices, i don't see happinen'.
But he can do things like pushing them hard w/shorter practices.

Perhaps this was a comment directly related to Olli who, i imagine, they are trying to work through his issues by more on ice stuff vs rest.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Right because that's what I said.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You monster.

Coldplay = best band of all time.

And i get the lock the thread on this comment.

deal-with-it-gif26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad